Zoosk and Plenty of Fish (POF) are two incredibly famous dating platforms that have been around for 14 years and 18 years, respectively. In that time, they have both managed to hone their skills and create incredible apps where users can easily find their way into a new and exciting relationship.
Though both sites are great in their own ways, they are very different from one another. Some users who may love Zoosk may really dislike POF and vice versa.
If you are considering giving either of these sites a try, take a look through our head-to-head comparison of each to see which has the amenities and price point that works for you!
Key Differences Between Zoosk and Plenty of Fish
- Plenty of Fish offers a free personality assessment, while Zoosk only utilizes behavioral analysis for matching.
- Zoosk is a flexible platform where users can both find love or casual friendships/ romances. Overall, POF users are usually more interested in committed relationships.
- Plenty of Fish allows users to message for free, which has led to a higher number of fake accounts on the platform.
- Zoosk is an ad-free experience and has higher usage statistics than Plenty of Fish.
Which of These Dating Sites Is Our Favorite?
After examining all the features and stats of these two sites, we think that more users will enjoy their experience on Zoosk. The approach to dating is more flexible and modern, making it a perfect site for singles of all ages.
We also love that Zoosk has an extremely active user base and the profiles seem to be real. We have seen a large number of complaints regarding fake profiles on Plenty of Fish.
If you are still on the fence about which app is best for your dating needs, we recommend continuing to read on as we breakdown a lot of the similarities and differences between the two sites.
Zoosk Features vs. POF Features
Zoosk and Plenty of Fish both have a fantastic selection of features, but which features you enjoy will be based on how you want to approach your dating journey. Here are a few of our favorite features from each site.
Zoosk Top Features:
- Smart Picks – Zoosk uses your behavior on the site and your preferences settings to pick the perfect singles for you.
- Incognito Mode – Zoosk premium users can take an invisible stroll through the app and search for the best singles without anyone seeing their activity.
- Smiles and Hearts – Smiles and Hearts are Zoosks equivalent to likes and swipes. If you are interested in starting a conversation with someone or getting their attention, this is the way to do so!
- Match Carousel – The Match Carousel is how Zoosk displays appropriate matches to their users. It is a fun and simplified way of meeting singles that keeps you from becoming overwhelmed by choices.
Plenty of Fish Top Features:
- Compatibility Predictor – One of POF’s free services is a personality test driven compatibility predictor. You will see the percentage of compatibility right on a user’s profile!
- Voice Messages – This is a feature that allows you to connect more with your matches by letting them hear your real voice. It is like having a real conversation, but with the safety barrier of the dating app between you and your matches.
- Meet Me Boost – Paid users have the advantage of being found at the top of POF’s Meet Me list.
- Message Status – Message Status (aka read receipts) will let you know when your match has viewed your message. This is a paid feature for premium users only.
Zoosk Stats vs. POF Stats
An easy way to guess how much you’ll enjoy a dating site is to peek at their statistics and customer ratings. Take a look through these quick stats and you can get a better idea of which app is more respected, used, and appropriate for your dating journey.
Zoosk Quick Stats:
- 3.4 million members
- 53% of users are male
- Most users are between 25 and 49 years old
- 4.3 star rating on Apple App Store
- 3.6 star rating on Google Play
POF Quick Stats:
- 78 million members
- 60% of users are male
- Most users are over 35 years old
- 4.2 star rating on Apple App Store
- 3.9 star rating on Google Play
Zoosk Customer Service vs. POF Customer Service
Zoosk and POF have similar approaches to customer service. You can access their FAQ page and search for an answer to your problem, or you can fill out an enquiry form and wait for a response. These responses come to your email and may be received in 24 hours or 2 weeks. It is an area in which both sites could use improvement.
Of the two sites, we believe Zoosk has a FAQ that is far easier to navigate. The answers to our basic questions were already top articles and each answer was easy to read and understand. For that reason, we think Zoosk’s customer service is slightly better than POF.
Who Zoosk is Best For?
- Younger singles looking for similarly-aged singles.
- Those who want a site that lets them pay for a better experience.
- Singles who want a modern and active dating site.
- Those who want a dating site that shows you the best matches for you.
Who Plenty of Fish is Best For?
- Older singles who want to find similarly-aged singles.
- Those who don’t mind a slightly lower quality site for a lower price.
- Singles who want to get a large number of features for free.
- Those who want more control choosing their matches, even if they aren’t as compatible.