One of the great debates in the world of online dating—eHarmony vs Elite Singles. If you’re here, chances are that you’re trying to decide which one of these online dating powerhouses is the right fit for you. In this guide, we’re going to get to the bottom of it all. We’ll talk about the major differences and similarities, features you get with each option, pricing differences, and ultimately—if eHarmony or Elite Singles is the right option for what you’re looking for!
If you’re ready, buckle up, grab a comfy chair, and lets get to the bottom of the eHarmony vs. Elite Singles debate!
The Best Answer – Try Each Out For Free
The absolute best way to figure out if Elite Singles or eHarmony is best for you is to try each out. To make that simple, we’ve included links for free trial accounts below. You don’t get access to everything under the sun, but you’ll be able to see enough to make an educated decision.
Key Differences Between eHarmony and Elite Singles
- Location – Both sites operate in the United States, U.K., Canada, and Australia. However, eHarmony’s main focus seems to be on the U.S. market where Elite Singles caters a bit more to the international market with singles from way more countries than just these four. This certainly doesn’t mean that Elite Singles isn’t great for U.S. singles; it just means it’s also good for international singles.
- Dating Process – Elite Singles follows the traditional online dating recipe where you are in the driver’s seat. Once you get your account created, you can search through all the singles in your area and start sending messages. eHarmony, on the other hand, slows things down and works a lot harder to send you curated matches. While that might sound less effective, the site has an unreal track record of helping over 2 million people find love, so it’s hard to knock it ’till you try it.
- History – eHarmony has been in the market for over two decades since 2000. Elite Singles still carries over a decade of experience entering the market in 2009.
- Quality of Singles – During our eHarmony vs Elite Singles analysis, we found high quality singles on both sites. Elite Singles does boast that over 85% of its singles hold some form of higher education. But we did find plenty of quality on eHarmony and people that did seem a lot more dedicated to the dating process.
- Relationship Goals – Here’s where we do see a pretty big disparity in the eHarmony vs. Elite Singles battle. On Elite Singles, you’re going to find a lot of singles looking for everything from casual dating to serious relationships. On eHarmony, the focus is almost 100% serious and committed relationships. No, it doesn’t mean you have to get into a committed relationship after date one on there, but generally everyone who is on there is hoping to eventually find someone for a committed relationship.
Cost Difference – eHarmony vs. Elite Singles
A popular question we get during this debate is if eHarmony is more expensive than Elite Singles or vice versa. Below, we’ve include the most up to date pricing we have on memberships. Keep in mind that money should never be the sole factor in determining which online dating app is the right fit for you. You’re not shopping for a new pair of pants; you’re searching for someone special to spend significant time with. That should be worth something.
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
|Premium Light||6 Months||$65.90 per month|
|Premium Plus||12 Months||$45.90 per month|
|Premium Extra||24 Months||$35.90 per month|
Elite Singles Cost
|Membership Type||Length||Monthly Cost||Savings %||Total Cost|
|Premium Classic||1 month||$59.95||50%||$59.95|
|Premium Light||3 months||$57.95||51%||$173.85 total|
|Premium Comfort||6 months||$44.95||62%||$269.70 total|
Is One Site Better than the Other?
In reality, both of these sites are pretty high quality. If you absolutely forced us to pick which site is better in the eHarmony vs. Elite Singles matchup, we’d probably have to lean towards eHarmony. This would be because of the features and the laser-focus on helping people find committed relationships.
But if you’re someone who cares more about finding a higher educated single or is looking for something a bit more casual (at least at first), Elite Singles might be the better pick. The bottom line is that there isn’t really a better overall site that’s best for everyone. However, one of these sites IS going to be best for you. It’s up to you to take a few minutes and figure out which one.
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to help.
- Is budget extremely important in my decision?—If it is, Elite Singles is a bit less expensive.
- Do I want to be in the driver’s seat or do I want some expert help in finding matches?—If you want to drive, go with Elite Singles. If you want some expert help, lean on eHarmony.
- Am I Looking for a Serious Relationship or Casual Dating?—If you want something more on the serious side, go with eHarmony. If you want casual or aren’t sure, stick with Elite Singles.
Start a Free Trial Now
Elite Singles and eHarmony both offer a free trial membership. The free trial accounts are your ticket to take a peek at these exclusive member communities before deciding to buy – but we think you’ll buy after you identify the site that’s best for your geographic location.
Free trial sign up is quick and easy – and both sites don’t require a credit card to get access. Get your account set up today with either the eHarmony Free Trial or the Elite Singles free trial. You’ll be on your way to true love with either choice!