Let me paint a picture for you:
You spent a lot of years getting to where you are in life. You have a home, a great job, and live comfortably. Everything is great, except you are lonely. So, you sign up for the first popular dating app you come across, hopeful that you’ll find someone who matches your energy and priorities.
Instead, you find a sea of young singles that seem more interested in notching their bed post than they do in finding a compatible match. Where are all the grown ups? That’s where The League comes in.
The League is a dating app that realizes that elite singles have a hard time finding compatibility on most standard apps. Their private, member-only approach to online dating sounds great, but is it really worth it?
Today, we are looking deep into The League, its features, costs, and so much more. Ready to get the real scoop? Just read on!
Overall The League Rating
|Ease of Use||9.5/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the The League Dating App
- You can avoid wasting time on singles that aren’t at the same life-level as you.
- The private-membership style of dating can protect you from falling victim to singles who lie about their life achievements and goals.
- No standards are too high for dating on The League.
- Can be pricey to expedite your membership approval.
- You may be on the waitlist for a few weeks or more.
- Verification is a lengthy process and requires linking to socials and lots of photos.
Is The League Dating App Worth It? – The Bottom Line Upfront
People tend to be scared away from The League because of the membership wait list. Trust me, I understand how frustrating that can be. However, we honestly think that the perks of the app outweigh the annoyance of being on a waiting list. Plus, you can sign up for The League today, and try out another dating app while you wait.
So, if you want to be part of an elite app that allows you to find the highest quality singles in your area, The League is definitely worth it.
Who The League Is Good For
- Anyone who has ever been told they are too picky when it comes to dating.
- Singles who don’t mind waiting a little longer to ensure they only get great matches.
- Well-established, career-driven people who can get approved for a membership.
Who The League Might Not Be Best For
- Those looking for immediate access to singles.
- Singles who aren’t willing to go through the approval process.
- People looking for lower-cost dating apps.
Fast Facts About The League
- The League has around 250,000 active users each day.
- 4.2 star rating on the Apple App Store.
- As of 2016, The League expanded their age requirement to include singles over the age of 40.
- The Median user age on The League is 28 years old.
The League Dating App Review Information
- Site Name: TheLeague.com
- Paid or Free: Paid site with a limited free trial
- Average Sign-Up Time: The application can be completed in under 10 minutes.
- Paid Membership Pricing: Plans starting as low as $67 monthly
The League Review – Table of Contents
- The League Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at The League
- How to Sign Up at The League
- Price | How Much Does The League Cost?
- Customer Support Options
The League Dating App Features Overview
The availability of features and how often they can be used varies based on the membership tier you acquire. Guest members are allotted 3 matches each day during the app’s happy hour, and that’s all. From there the tiers add more and more features. Here are a few of our favorite options and which membership tier you need to snag them.
This is a feature you can access from the Owner Tier and up. This allows you to push your profile to the top of the results of other singles. It is a quick way to boost the amount of people who see and are interested in your profile!
Message Before Matching
This is a VIP, also known as Investor, tier feature that we really love. It lets you message your prospects before officially matching them. This is important because it gives you more insight into each prospect before you waste any time or features on them. Plus, it can help them get a better idea about you, which will boost the chances that they will show interest down the line.
The Concierge is another VIP feature that essentially boils down to live customer support. If you’ve read any of our dating app reviews before, you likely know how strongly we feel about live customer service options for dating apps. Even if it is only available for top-level members, we are just happy it is an option.
The Quality of Singles at The League
The League’s wait listing practice and intense verification may be a bit frustrating, but it results in there being nothing but top-notch profiles and high quality singles on their app. They take away the need to pick apart profiles for red flags in an attempt to avoid duds. If you are a part of The League, you know the singles will be good.
How to Sign Up at The League
Signing up for a membership is simple and only requires a few pieces of information to help verify your identity and determine your qualities. These include:
- Your name, birthday, and location
- Links to your social media (we recommend LinkedIn, but Facebook is an option as well)
- Your email address and phone number
- A filled in bio
- A set of dating preferences
After you have applied for a membership you need to wait for approval from the mods, which can take a few weeks. If you pay for a membership, the mods will actively try to coach you into ways to improve your profile and information to help you get approved.
Price | How Much Does The League Cost?
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
|Guest||Unlimited||Free (Requires Waitlist)|
|Regular Member||6 months||$67 monthly|
|Regular Member||3 months||$99 monthly|
|Regular Member||1 month||$199.99|
|Premium Owner Level||3 months||$299 monthly|
|Premium Owner Level||1 month||$399 monthly|
|VIP Investor Level||1 month||$999.99|
|VIP Investor Level||1 week||$399.99|
Customer Support Options
The League’s customer support options are pretty par for the course when it comes to guest, tier one, and tier two members. There is a selection of FAQs that can resolve most issues and an email address to send further inquiries. However, VIP members will have access to a concierge, which is essentially live customer support that can help them with any issues on the app as well as give them general dating advice.
Get Started Now!
Does The League Have Singles that Are Right For Everyone?
The League has a wide variety of singles that are all really high quality; however, they also allow you to be pretty particular in your preferences. So, if you set your preferences with a really narrow scope on the partner you want, you are naturally going to see fewer results.
Do I Have to Link my Account to Facebook?
No! You have a few options for verification on The League. You can link to Facebook, link to LinkedIn, or pay for a higher membership where you will be manually verified.
Do I Have to Upgrade to VIP to Access All Features?
No. Though upgrading is the only way to get consistent access to these features, you can also purchase tickets, which can be exchanged for bonus features like boosts and power moves.
Do Matches Expire?
Yes. Matches expire after 21 days, so be certain to share your personal contact information within that time if you plan to continue talking.
Can I Get a Refund?
Yes. You can request a refund for your membership if it has been less than 72 hours since you signed up for it. This is, of course, subject to change based on the dating app’s most up to date terms of service.