Taimi may be the best, most inclusive LGBTQ+ dating app in existence. We don’t mean to exaggerate, but this app caters to so many people and in a lot of ways. Even trans singles, who have a notoriously minimal amount of dating site options online, have a community to welcome them on Taimi.
It almost seems too good to be true, which is why we did a little deep-diving into the Taimi app. We wanted to know:
- Does it work?
- Is it easy to use?
- Is it worth the money?
It didn’t take long for us to see the hype is much deserved, but we found out quite a few other things about Taimi as well!
Are you considering giving Taimi a try? Read on if you want to see all the juicy details we dug up!
Is the Taimi App Legit? – The Bottom Line Up Front
Okay, we don’t wanna seem over the top, but this app is pretty nice. There are other options for LGBTQ singles out there, but Taimi does bring a little uniqueness to the table. Taimi is a social media platform, dating app, and community safe space where everyone can find meaningful connections.
We will admit that Taimi has some stuff they can work on, and we’ll look into that in our complete Taimi review below. But if you’re looking for a new LGBTQ+ app, this one is certainly worth a check.
Taimi Alternatives – Other LGBTQ+ Friendly Dating Apps
Interested in more options? Good for you! It’s so important to find the right fit when picking an online dating service. Here are some of our favorites:
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link||Read Review|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial||9.7/10|
|#4||Pink Cupid||Free Trial||8.0/10|
- BiCupid – Just under 1.3 million bisexual singles registered and looking for love (Read BiCupid Review)
- Grindr – Free and completely anonymous gay dating site (Read Grindr Review)
- HER – Sophisticated dating app for lesbian and bisexual women (Read HER Review)
- Positive Singles – LGBTQ+ friendly site for singles living with STDs (Read Positive Singles Review)
Overall Taimi Rating
|Ease of Use||8.0/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the Taimi Dating App
- The app is a blend of social media and a dating app.
- The app is incredibly inclusive for all LGBTQ+ members.
- The free version of the app has a lot of functionality.
- It is one of the safest digital spaces for gay singles.
- Some users have reported app crashes and glitchy features.
- The payment tiers are unnecessarily complex.
- Some features are only available for paid members.
- The customer support section of the website is non-working.
Who Taimi Is Good For
- LGBTQ+ singles looking for both casual and serious romance.
- Anyone in the LGBTQ+ community looking for an inclusive social media platform.
- Singles who want a modern, sleek, and intuitive app.
Who Taimi Might Not Be Best For
- Those seeking a totally free app.
- Singles that want a web-based dating website.
Taimi Review – Table of Contents
- Taimi Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at Taimi
- How to Sign Up at Taimi
- Price | How Much Does Taimi Cost?
- Customer Support Options
- Taimi Dating App FAQ
Fast Facts About Taimi
- Site Name: Taimi.com
- Paid or Free: Free with optional premium features
- Average Sign-Up Time: ~ 5 minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: Plans starting as low as $6.00 per month
- Unique Taimi Facts and Figures
- Taimi has hundreds of thousands of US-based users
- Each week over 50,000 people log into and use their Taimi app.
- Taimi launched in 2017 as a gay dating app, but has transitioned into a fully LGBTQ inclusive app.
- 4.3 star rating and over 79,000 reviews on Google Play
- 4.4 star rating and over 45,000 reviews on the Apple App Store
Taimi Features Overview
Taimi is jam-packed with features. Some are available to all users while others are only available with a paid membership. No matter which type of membership you sign up for, you are practically guaranteed to find a feature that makes you want to stick around! Here are a few of our favorites:
You don’t have to be a paid member to get in on the social media aspects of Taimi. You can upload and view stories, which gives the overall app a community feel that you can’t beat. You can show yourself off in a way that gives others a really good view of who you are.
Sometimes we get a little swipe-happy and accidentally swipe left on a total catch. With the undo swipe feature, you can correct your mistake instead of having to dramatically wonder for the next year if you just passed up on your soulmate!
Invisibility is a paid feature on Taimi that we really like. You can choose to browse totally incognito, or maybe customize your settings so that just a few people can see what you’re up to. The added anonymity makes dating on Taimi much more enjoyable.
Another social media style feature on Taimi is the live stream function. You can choose to use this feature to connect with other users, or watch others live streams to get a better idea of what they are all about.
The Quality of Singles at Taimi
The singles on Taimi are great. They are attractive, interesting, and tend to frequently use the social media aspects of the app, which makes it way easier to decide on who interests you! The user base is surprisingly large, so you won’t find yourself hurting for matches!
How to Sign Up at Taimi
SIgning up with Taimi is simple. After you have downloaded your app, you will be prompted to login or sign up. The sign up page prompts you to enter some basic information or log in with Facebook.
We suggest manually entering your information to prevent your information from being leaked or hacked.
You will need to provide your personal information, an email, and a username.
You will then be asked to fill in some dating preference and sexual identity info as well as upload a photo.
The entire process takes about 5 minutes and is easy to follow.
Price | How Much Does Taimi Cost?
This pricing is a little bizarre. Apparently you can buy a week at a time even though it is terribly cost-ineffective. Here’s an in-depth look at the most recent pricing during our last Taimi review.
|Membership Type||Monthly Price||Total Price|
|Premium - 1 Week||$14.99 weekly||$14.99|
|Premium - 1 Month||$41.99||$41.99|
|Premium - 3 Months||$18.00||$53.99|
|Premium - 12 Months||$6.00||$71.99|
Customer Support Options
If we were to mention a fault in the Taimi-verse, it would be customer support.
The main provider of support is the help center/ FAQs on Taimi’s website. However, these webpages are confusing to navigate and in our experience didn’t properly load and work on any browser.
Some of the links work on the apps, but not all of them.
However, Taimi has something that most other modern dating apps don’t – a customer support phone number.
This means that when you inevitably can’t find your answer in the non-working FAQ links, you can actually call someone to get an answer to your question! You also have the option to email, if you prefer.
Try Taimi Now
Taimi FAQ – Answering User Questions
Is Taimi for Hookups or Long-Term Dating?
Many singles find loving partners on Taimi, but the app can be used for more than finding your future spouse. Many users utilize Taimi to make friends, date casually, or even just communicate in a safe space.
Is Taimi Similar to Grindr?
Grindr is a hookup app that is meant for men seeking other men. While you can use Taimi to find partners for hooking up, the overall community offers much more than just a hookup app. Taimi is also open to more gender identities and sexual orientations than Grindr.
Are Non-Binary Singles Welcome on Taimi?
Absolutely! All members of the LGBTQ+ community are welcome to use Taimi.
Is Taimi Worth Paying For?
Ultimately this is a question only you can answer. The base version of Taimi is completely free and there’s no indication that they plan on changing that. On the other hand, paying the annual price makes Tami premium only $6 a month which is pretty cheap.
Can I Join Taimi to Find Friends?
Of course! Many people join Taimi to find a place to connect with other LGBTQ individuals and create strong friendships. If you aren’t interested in romance, you might want to mention it in your profile to avoid awkward situations.
Is The Free Taimi Membership Limited?
Taimi’s free membership tier is not limited by time so it won’t expire on you. However, you are limited on the features available as some are preserved for paying members.
How Do I Send Messages on Taimi?
It is easy to send messages to your Taimi matches, ust follow these steps:
- While on the main page, tap on the profile icon.
- Choose the “my likes” option.
- Scroll to the person you want to message.
- Tap the messaging icon on the right of the screen.
What if I see a Fake Account on Taimi?
Taimi takes the security of their members very seriously, so all reports of a fake or bot account are manually investigated by a moderator. You can report a fake account directly to the mods by selecting the 3-dot menu on their profile and selecting “report.”
If there is a photo you want to report, you must navigate to the photo and choose the 3-dot menu while on the photo.