It’s no secret that sugar dating is meant to be wildly different than traditional dating. What this means, though, is that a great sugar dating website or app needs to have special features in place to handle the unique aspects of this type of dating. It can’t just be a traditional dating site with the word sugar slapped on the homepage.
Too often, though, we see sites popping up that do just that. And if you’re here with us today, you’re probably wondering if that’s the case with Secret Benefits? Is Secret Benefits legit? Is it worth your time, effort, and money? And most importantly, is it going to help you make the romantic connection you’re looking for?
That’s what we’re digging into today. In this Secret Benefits review, our team sifts through every aspect of the site, shares what we like and what we don’t like, and empowers you with the information you need to make the decision for yourself (and how to get started for free).
Is Secret Benefits Worth It? – The Bottom Line Upfront
What’s great about reviewing niche sites like Secret Benefits is that it’s pretty easy to quickly figure out whether it’s worth it or it’s a complete bust. The reason for that is niche sites are built specifically for one unique group of people and we don’t have to look at them through the lens of trying to be everything to everyone.
For Secret Benefits, the big question is whether or not the site is a top-notch sugar dating website, an awful sugar dating site, or just a traditional site masquerading where it doesn’t belong. Here’s out bottom line upfront answer to that.
When it comes to Secret Benefits, the site is one of the top options available on the market for men and women looking for this unique style of dating. The site score an 8.6 out of 10 in our most recent review, mainly because it’s simple to use, has high quality members, and comes with features that actually matter to this style of dating.
Now, there’s a lot more to unpack here (and we’ll do most of that in the rest of the article), but here are a few quick takeaways that may help you decide if this is the right fit for you to try.
- If you’re not interested in sugar dating, Secret Benefits will be an awful experience for you—no questions asked.
- Secret Benefits utilizes a pay-as-you-go credit system as opposed to a traditional subscription model. This is ideal for people that don’t want to get locked into recurring charges or subscriptions.
- Pricing starts around $0.29 per credit and it costs 10 credits to unlock a conversation (so, a little under $3 per person you want to talk to). Once you unlock a conversation, though, all messages are free between the two of you for forever.
- This site operates as a mobile-friendly platform, which means you access if through your browser on any device. If you look for it in the app stores, you won’t find it there.
- If you’re someone who really wants a ton of features and a really complex sugar dating experience, Secret Benefits won’t be a good fit for you. The site takes a bit of a minimalist and simplistic (but effective) approach to the matchmaking.
Here’s how we want to wrap up this quick overview. Unlike some other sugar dating apps, you can actually search for and see all the matches in your area without purchasing any credits. Why not take a minute and check things out for yourself and see if anyone strikes your fancy in your area. It only takes a few minutes and your review is going to be lightyears more accurate to you than anything we can say (though we will try our best in the rest of this review).
Overall Secret Benefits Rating
|Ease of Use||9.0/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the SecretBenefits.com Dating App
- There is a strict photo verification system to keep the platform free of bots and scammers.
- Sugar Babies never pay a dime to use the app!
- No monthly subscription costs thanks to the credits system.
- Verifying an account is fast and easy.
- There are no mobile apps available, only web-based usage.
- Search features are slightly limited compared to other sites.
- There is no video chat functionality at this time.
Who Secret Benefits Is Good For
- Singles looking for sugar dating who prefer a simplistic approach to the process
- Someone who enjoys the pay-as-you-go setup over a traditional recurring subscription
- Men and women who aren’t interested in traditional dating and courting practices
Who Secret Benefits Might Not Be Best For
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Singles looking for a traditional relationship
- Singles who aren’t comfortable with the sugar dating lifestyle
SecretBenefits.com Review – Table of Contents
What is Secret Benefits?
SecretBenefits.com, commonly known as Secret Benefits, is an online sugar dating website designed to connect single men and women who are looking to engage in the sugar dating lifestyle (think sugar daddies, sugar mommas, sugar babies, etc.). Launched back in 2015, the dating site is available through desktop and a mobile-friendly website, but no dedicated downloadable app options are available.
Unlike some traditional dating apps (and a lot of sugar dating apps), you’ll find during your own SecretBenefits.com review that the site doesn’t have subscriptions fees, but instead operates on a credit system where you unlock the conversations that you want to unlock. In other words, the only time your credits are used is when you find someone you want to message.
- Site Name: Secretbenefits.com
- Paid or Free: Free site with credit purchases
- Average Sign-Up Time: Men ~ 5 minutes Women ~ 10 minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: Credit-based system starting at $59.00
- Key Factors About the App:
- Over 100,000 weekly active users (based on third-party reports)
- No monthly recurring memberships for the utmost privacy.
- The site launched in 2015 and already has a large following.
Secret Benefits Features Overview
Secret Benefits is a pretty straight forward app, so there aren’t a ton of fancy, unnecessary features bogging it down. Still, there are a few interesting items we really enjoyed while checking out the site that we wanted to draw your attention to. If you’re really looking for something feature heavy, check out some of the other sugar dating sites to see one that might be a better fit. But if you like simple but effective, keep on reading.
Secret Photo and Video Albums
Sugar Babies can upload special photos and videos to a secret album on their page. Access to this album costs 10 credits and gives the viewer a sneak peak at the lady in question. This feature adds an air of mystery to the site’s interactions, which we enjoy.
A crucial aspect to sugar daddy/sugar baby dating is the avoidance of scammers and catfish. Nobody wants to waste their time or money interacting with someone fake. Luckily, Secret Benefits has a fast and easy verification system that both sides of the dating pool can use. Not only does the site do processes in the background, but they also allow you to create a verification video where the women say “Let me be your secret.” This allows you to confirm that the person in the pictures you’re seeing is the person on the account.
Often, wealthy people and those interested in sugar dating don’t always do their own banking. They may have an accountant or bookkeeper who helps them to keep their ducks in a row. If that’s you, you might not want that person knowing all your business, especially because some people have differing views on the sugar dating lifestyle. Secret Benefits makes sure to use a discreet company code so that when your charge shows up, it doesn’t scream sugar dating.
A relatively new feature added in mid 2022 is the “Become a Top Admirer” feature. With this, you can use your credits to show the person you’re talking to that you’re serious and you’re interested. Do you get anything special with the purchase? No, which is kind of silly. However, you do get to basically “set a little money on fire” to get their attention and let them know you’re serious. Yes, it does sound silly but it’s probably actually pretty effective.
The Quality of Singles at Secret Benefits
We’ve seen quite a few sugar dating sites in our years of reviewing online dating sites that tell a bit of the same old story—lots of men, very few women. And frankly, while that sounds like it might be worse for the men, it’s worse for everyone because you don’t end up with any connections.
With Secret Benefits, thankfully, that’s not the case. We anecdotally through our test searches saw plenty of men and plenty of women who really seemed to be taking the process seriously. How do we know that? Well, a ton of the accounts we saw had actually gone through the video verification process (so you know they’re real), had fully filled out their profile information, and uploaded a bunch of pictures.
And for the guys out there who may be skeptical, we have two things to reassure you. Number one—the site is free for women, so that attracts a ton of them because there is no reason not to join. Number two—you can see for yourself through the Secret Benefits free trial. Just use one of the links on this page and you’ll be whisked away to see things for yourself without needing to make any purchases or do anything until you want to.
How to Sign Up at Secret Benefits
Signing up is super simple, but a bit time consuming!
- You need to provide an email address, user name, password, location, age, body type, and ethnicity.
- Then, you will upload at least six photos with no nudity, filters, or text.
- After uploading your photos, you will need to add a bit of text describing what you are looking for from a Sugar Daddy, a short bio to introduce yourself, a tagline, info about what makes you a good Sugar Baby.
- You also need to upload four additional “private” photos and add your phone number to the account.
- Signing up is a little different for you. You must submit your email address, username, password, age, and ethnicity before being prompted to upload a photo.
- Unlike the Sugar Babies, you are not required to upload a photo to finish signing up. You are required to fill in some basic information about your goals on the site and your bio.
Price | How Much Does Secret Benefits Cost?
As mentioned in the earlier parts of our Secret Benefits review, there are no subscriptions, recurring charges, or membership dues to use Secret Benefits. Everything operates on a credit system. You purchase a bundle of credits upfront and then when you’re ready to interact with another user you redeem a number of those credits.
There are three bundle sizes of credits with the cost per credit getting lower the larger of the bundles you purchase. Individual credits range from $0.29 to $0.59. The price of unlocking a conversation is a one-time 10 credit usage. And if you want to unlock a secret/private photo album of a user who has given you permission, that is also a one-time 10 credit usage. So, in other words, if you get the highest package, permanently unlocking a conversation with someone you’re interested in will only cost you a little under $3.
If you want to learn more, make sure to read our Secret Benefits cost breakdown guide. But if you just want to see the different packages, we’ve included them below for your convenience.
|Membership Type||Total Credits||Membership Cost|
|Best Value||1,000||$289 total|
Customer Support Options
Customer support features on Secret Benefits are slightly limited. Most issues can be resolved by looking through the website’s support page. Those still seeking help can reach out to Secret Benefits through a contact form on their website.
Many users report that customer service responds fairly quickly, and male users can use their credits to purchase priority customer support features.
All in all, customer service is pretty good from what we’ve seen, but always areas that we’re going to want to see more (because we’re picky).
Get Started Now!
As we come to the end of our journey and the final sections of our review of Secret Benefits, there’s only one thing left for you to do! It’s time to decide if you want to take a chance, create a free account, and see who might be in your area! Remember, you can see all members, their profiles, and their photos before you have to decide if you want to upgrade to a credit bundle.
Secret Benefits FAQ
Is Secret Benefits only for sugar daddies?
Of course not! A sugar dating website would be worthless if there weren’t also sugar babies in the mix. Now, if you’re asking if SB is also for people looking for non-sugar relationships, then it would not be the right option for you.
Is Secret Benefits a legit site?
Yes, Secret Benefits has been around since 2015 and is a legit dating site. The company is extremely transparent about rules, safety, pricing, and what you can expect. In reality, sugar dating websites make a lot more money running legitimate operations than they ever would doing something shady, which is the ultimate deterrent.
Why should I verify my Secret Benefits account?
Verified users get more interaction on the site because they are seen as more trustworthy.
How do I verify my Secret Benefits account?
Verifying your Secret Benefits account is easy and fast. Simply click your profile photo in the top right corner of the webpage, then select “get verified.” From this screen you can begin a video chat with a moderator who can approve your verification. The process takes ~1 minute.
How long does it take to verify photos?
Photo verification can take up to 48 hours.
Is Secret Benefits only for sexual relationships?
No! Many users seek companionship, mentoring, and other non-sexual relationships. Just be sure to be honest about the relationship you are seeking when you create your profile.
Who can see my secret shotos?
As of the last time we conducted a review update, only Sugar Daddies who pay credits to unlock your secret photos AND who you give permission to will be able to see them. You can find a list of those with access to your photos in the access menu on the website.
Why aren’t my photos getting approved?
Secret Benefits has a strict set of rules regarding your photos. If your photos do not meet the requirements laid out by those standards, they won’t be approved. Here are the guidelines for uploading photos on Secret Benefits:
- Photos must be of your recent appearance.
- No nudity or sexual content.
- No copyrighted content, which includes visible logos, characters, or similar images on clothing.
- No text of any kind on the photo.
- No depictions of the use of drugs or any illegal items or activities.
- No obscene or offensive hand gestures.