FriendFinder.com has historically been one of the most popular dating apps on the web. This is partially because it’s been known to be easy to use, but mostly because it has been around since 1996. It’s literally one of the oldest online dating apps out there.
However, let’s get real for a second. We are pretty skeptical of an app that hasn’t had any major updates in the last decade. And when you look at the interface of the site, you’ll see what we mean. But does this mean the Friend Finder dating app isn’t worth your time?
Well, we took a close look at everything FriendFinder has to offer and found the truth. From the cost of the app, to the quality of the matches, to the way the search features work—our FriendFinder review is thorough, updated, and exactly what you’re looking to know.
Want to know if this is the right app for you? Take a look through this guide and see what we really think about one of the world’s oldest online dating communities.
Overall FriendFinder.com Rating
|Ease of Use||8.0/10.0|
Alternative Options to the Friend Finder Dating App
Here are some really amazing alternative options you can try for free if FriendFinder doesn’t seem like the right fit for you. These are some of our favorites and options we highly recommend, especially if you’re looking for dating and not just friends.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||The League||Free Trial|
Pros and Cons of the FriendFinder.com Dating App
- There is a fairly large user base.
- The interface is antiquated, but is easy to use
- There is a wide variety of free features.
- Sign up is fast and uncomplicated.
- The interface hasn’t had a fresh coat of paint in many years (and it could use one).
- Can’t send messages without a paid membership.
- There are way more men than women on the app.
Is FriendFinder.com Worth It? – The Bottom Line Upfront
We have to be honest here, FriendFinder.com is a little bit dated. The app and the website look like they were created decades ago, which they essentially were. You can tell that the owners of the FriendFinder Network have an “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it” attitude, but we would argue that it is broke. But there’s a reason the app is still around today. We’d encourage you to check things out for yourself. If you are okay with the older look, you can still have some success making friends or finding love.
Who FriendFinder Is Good For
- Those looking for casual hookups and easy flings.
- Older singles or those who find modern dating apps too complicated.
- Singles who want a dating app that they can also access via their web browser.
Who FriendFinder Might Not Be Best For
- Anyone who likes modern and consistently updated app features.
- Singles that want an actual relationship, casual or otherwise.
- Singles who want to be able to message users without paying for a membership.
Fast Facts About FriendFinder.com
- FriendFinder was established in 1996 and started as a web-based dating service but now offers an app on both Android and Apple.
- FriendFinder and its related networks have 98 million active users worldwide.
- 3.5 star rating on Google Play.
- 2.6 star rating on the Apple Store.
FriendFinder.com Review Information
- Site Name: FriendFinder.com
- Paid or Free: Limited free membership with paid membership available
- Average Sign-Up Time: Less than 5 minutes. Profile must be approved after.
- Paid Membership Pricing: Plans starting as low as $10.95 per month
FriendFinder.com Review – Table of Contents
- FriendFinder.com Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at FriendFinder.com
- How to Sign Up at FriendFinder.com
- Price | How Much Does FriendFinder.com Cost?
- Customer Support Options
FriendFinder.com Features Overview
FriendFinder.com has been around for a long time and has learned what seems to work for their customers; however, we found that they seem reluctant to update their apps and offer more modern features. Still, there are a few important features hidden behind their paywall that you may be interested in.
Priority Profile View
Paid members will get first access to the best profiles and matches. Not only that, but their profiles will be shown first in others results, which gives them a boost in all aspects of the app.
We aren’t talking about advanced messaging capabilities here. You have to be a paid member to send any outgoing messages on FriendFinder, which definitely makes the free membership tier feel overly limited.
Profile and photo approvals can take a few days or even a week or two for free-tier members. Paid members get the luxury of expedited approvals, so they can get to messaging and browser sooner than other users.
Cupid Reports on New Members
Paid members will regularly see newly added singles who match their cupid preferences, which are detailed search criteria they are also given as paid members. This means that they can try to land first dibs on new singles, which is a big advantage.
The Quality of Singles at FriendFinder.com
Let’s be honest, FriendFinder.com has become a hub for people looking to have casual relationships and one night stands. Even though the FriendFinder series of sites includes another site meant exclusively for explicit hookups, FriendFinder.com is still filled with singles that seem to have one thing on the brain.
These singles also tend to be those who haven’t heard of or don’t know how to use other dating apps, which has led to the community on FriendFinder.com being a little older. Overall, we aren’t unduly impressed with the variety of singles on FriendFinder.
How to Sign Up at FriendFinder.com
Signing up for FriendFinder is super easy and can be done on your phone or online. You will be prompted to fill in multiple information cards.
- Choose your gender identity and the gender you are interested in.
- Select your birth date, country, and zip code.
- Enter a valid email and choose a username and password.
- Enter information on your race, body type, sexual orientation, and marital status.
- Complete your bio and introduction.
- Agree to the terms of service and agree that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Verify your email address.
- Set up your profile and add a photo. You will then wait for approval from the mods.
Price | How Much Does FriendFinder.com Cost?
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
Customer Support Options
FriendFinder is an old-school online dating company, and their customer service is a bit more traditional because of it. Personally, we love that! You have the option to resolve your issue by looking through their help pages or you can reach out through the email form on the website.
Still not satisfied? There is a telephone number listed on the site that can be reached if necessary. They even have a mailing address for physical letters.
The only thing they are missing is a live chat feature, which would honestly make their customer service options some of the most well-rounded we’ve ever seen.
Get Started Now!
Can I Message Members With My Free Membership?
No. You will not be able to send messages to members as a free user unless they message you first.
Is FriendFinder For Casual Dating or Long-Term Relationships?
FriendFinder is more for singles looking for casual/ sexual relationships. The site claims to be for those seeking friends. In fact, you can even explicitly state that you are a married person looking to “find friends,” but the friends you find all seem to be only looking for easy hookups.
What are Some Casual Dating App Alternatives to FriendFinder?
If you are looking for a casual dating app alternative that has more features, a wider variety of singles, and the ability to find more than a one-night stand, we suggest checking out any of the following apps:
What are Some Serious Dating App Alternatives to FriendFinder?
There are a lot of great apps for those looking for a serious relationship. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Christian Mingle
Can I Update My Profile Information?
Yes, you can update your profile information through your account settings. However, be aware that after changing your profile there will be a 72-hour waiting period while the information is approved by the mods.
Can I Cancel My Premium Subscription?
Yes! You can cancel your subscription at any time but you will not be refunded for any portion of the cost of that membership.