Well, it’s come full circle. The app you used to be forced to link to all the dating sites has decided to stop being the middleman and just create their own dating app. That’s right, we are talking about Facebook Dating.
Now, you might expect us to just start off on a hate train like a lot of other sites do. We get it, Facebook isn’t exactly revered for their privacy and data security. However, we want to be as fair as possible and really give this site a chance!
That’s why we’ve gone through literally every aspect of Facebook Dating. From the quality of the users to the cost of service, we got the scoop on it all. If you are considering giving Facebook Dating a try, check out our rating and review first.
Overall Facebook Dating Rating
|Ease of Use||8.5/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the Facebook Dating App
- Facebook Dating is completely free to use.
- If you already have a Facebook, you don’t need to sign up for a new app.
- Those who are not great at technology but do understand social media find that Facebook Dating is easy enough for them to use.
- The crowd is a little older when compared to other casual dating apps like Tinder or Bumble.
- You can’t get around linking this one to Facebook for obvious reasons.
- There are many more privacy concerns with using Facebook Dating than with other dating apps.
Best Facebook Dating Alternatives
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Is Facebook Dating Worth It? – The Bottom Line Upfront
Let us be frank: Facebook Dating is not the best or most secure dating app on the market. The user base is smaller than similar sites, the quality of singles is a little lacking, and you are forced to be connected to a Facebook account, which is an app known for data leaks and an overwhelming amount of targeted advertising.
The perk is that Facebook Dating is completely free. So, if you are an avid Facebook user already and don’t have any qualms about their security, Facebook Dating is definitely worth giving a try. If you don’t currently have a Facebook account, we’d suggest trying out other dating apps first.
Who Facebook Dating Is Good For
- Singles with an existing Facebook page that don’t want to download a new app.
- Individuals who find traditional dating apps too complicated to navigate.
- Singles who want a totally free dating experience no matter what.
Who Facebook Dating Might Not Be Best For
- Singles who don’t use or want to use Facebook.
- Those who want to keep their personal information safely separated from their dating profile.
- Younger singles who are tech savvy and capable of navigating more complex dating apps.
Fast Facts About Facebook Dating
- Over 57% of Facebook users have never heard of Facebook Dating and a total of 9% of Facebook’s users claim to be using the service.
- 18% of Facebook Dating’s users said they thought it was better than other dating apps they had tried.
- Facebook Dating is a feature of the standard Facebook app, not a stand alone product.
- Facebook has a 2.7 star rating on Apple’s app store.
- Facebook has a 4.1 star rating on Google’s app store.
Facebook Dating Review Information
- Site Name: Facebook.com/dating
- Paid or Free: Completely free
- Average Sign-Up Time: 5 minutes
Paid Membership Pricing: Completely free
Facebook Dating Review – Table of Contents
- Facebook Dating Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at Facebook Dating
- How to Sign Up at Facebook Dating
- Price | How Much Does Facebook Dating Cost?
- Customer Support Options
Facebook Dating Features Overview
Though Facebook Dating’s list of features is short, it is filled with things we find unique and interesting. Most of the app is run like a traditional, casual dating site, but there are four specific features that really stand out to us:
Facebook has some really interesting settings options, especially when it comes to blocking. Not only can you create a custom list of Facebook users you want to avoid, but you can choose to not let any singles who are friends of your friends see your profile.
The point of these settings is to allow users to get a sense of separation from the social media and the dating function. Plus, it allows you to search for singles outside your immediate bubble. Unfortunately, many have found that this feature has created a safe place for unfaithful partners to cheat on their significant others without being caught.
On pause is a setting option that lets you freeze the process of matching on the dating portion of the app. This means that you will no longer be suggested matches nor will you be suggested to others. Instead, you can simply focus on communicating with the matches you already have, which is a nice way to keep from being overwhelmed with choices.
Other dating apps might want to take a look at this option, because Second Look may be a bit of a game changer. While other apps often let you undo a previous skip or swipe, if you passed over a match days ago and then realize you may be interested, you are basically out of luck.
With Facebook Dating’s second look feature, you can get a list of all the matches you’ve had and see if you accidentally passed on anyone that you might want to give a second chance.
This might be one of the only perks of having a dating app linked to your personal social media! This interesting feature allows you to select friends from your facebook account on whom you have a “secret crush.” If this person then signs up for Facebook Dating, they will be informed that someone has a secret crush on them and they will be prompted to pick secret crushes of their own from their friends list.
If they pick you as one of their secret crushes, it will be revealed to them that you were the one with the crush. You can even alter your crush list and remove those who have lost your interest.
The Quality of Singles at Facebook Dating
Considering how many people are on Facebook, it seems like the dating pool should be so filled to the brim that finding a great match is a breeze. Unfortunately, the lack of interest from the general Facebook population has led to slim pickings that contain mostly an older audience with the more than occasional scam account.
We’ve even looked through user reviews only to discover that a chief complaint is a lack of match results in many areas let alone a lack of good match results. So, if you are interested in only dating people you already know, you might have a good time. Otherwise, you are likely to find better results elsewhere.
How to Sign Up at Facebook Dating
- Download and sign up for Facebook if you haven’t already
- Sign into your account.
- Touch the 3 lines () to open the menu.
- Choose dating ( ).
- Follow the on screen prompts and answer questions about your dating preferences.
Price | How Much Does Facebook Dating Cost?
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
Customer Support Options
If you are looking to be able to call a great customer service rep and get your problems resolved quickly, look elsewhere. Facebook Dating is totally free, which is great, but kind of removes a sense of obligation when it comes to offering customer support. Instead, you are given a set of FAQs to search through and not much else.
Get Started Now!
Is Facebook Dating Good for Finding Long-Term Companionship?
Some members may find true love on FAcebook Dating, but in general the site is more casual and better for hookups and short-term romances. Sites like EliteSingles, ChristianMingle, and eHarmony are better options for long-term dating.
Do I Have to Have a Facebook Account to Use Facebook Dating?
Yes. Facebook Dating is not a stand-alone app, but a feature added to Facebook’s main app. You must be able to sign into Facebook to access Facebook Dating.
Can I Block Users on Facebook Dating?
Yes! Not only can you block users you meet through the app, but you can preemptively block users you know you don’t want to find on Facebook Dating. This can be done through Facebook’s settings.
Where is Facebook Dating Available?
Facebook Dating has had a surprisingly slow roll out, only coming to Europe in 2020. Here is the current list of available countries:
- Czech Republic
- The Philippines
- The US