UK singles seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to online dating. The majority of major dating apps do allow UK users, but their main user base is in North America. It can sometimes feel like the only people using dating apps in the UK are on swipe daters for quick, one night stands.
However, Cupid.com has taken a different approach to UK dating. This site caters to UK singles and creates a place where you can meet singles for different levels of relationships. Yes, the site is still open (and growing) with singles in the US, but the main market is across the pond.
Want to make friends? Cupid.com is good for that.
Want to meet your future spouse? Cupid.com can do that too!
In this Cupid.com review, we take a dive into all of Cupid’s features, costs, and amenities to see what they are really all about. If you are considering signing up for this interesting, European dating app – check out everything we learned to determine if it is truly worth your time!
Cupid.com – The Bottom Line Up Front
Let’s just get right to it – if you are a UK single looking for more than a one night stand – Cupid.com can definitely help you! There are a few struggles with the app (mostly the fake accounts), but they are issues that are found universally in the lower-cost dating app world.
The amenities that Cupid offers are incredibly useful and the profiles include great details for finding a match that is actually worth your time.
Who Cupid.com Is Good For
- UK Singles look for a casual dating experience
- Users who like to know when others have last been online
- Singles wanting a modern but not overly complicated online dating journey
Who Cupid.com Might Not Be Best For
- Singles outside the UK
- Singles looking for scientifically backed compatibility matching
Overall Cupid.com Rating
|Ease of Use||9.0/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the Cupid.com Dating App
- Signup is super fast and easy
- The site is welcoming to LGBT users
- The UK user base is very large
- You can pay for premium services by the day
- Some profiles are fake
- Free profiles cannot use the messaging system
Cupid.com Review – Table of Contents
- Cupid.com Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at Cupid.com
- How to Sign Up at Cupid.com
- Price | How Much Does Cupid.com Cost?
- Customer Support Options
Fast Facts About Cupid.com
- Site Name: Cupid.com
- Paid or Free: Paid site with a limited free option
- Average Sign-Up Time: ~ 5 minutes
- Paid Membership Pricing: Plans starting as low as $0.99 per day
- Unique Cupid.com Facts and Figures
- Has a total of 2.5 million members
- Users outside the UK are welcome but the site is mostly UK singles
- You are only known by your username on the app
- UK members can get a 24 hour trial pass that shows all features
- Free users can only send winks but not messages
Cupid.com Features Overview
There are a ton of useful features on Cupid.com. Some dating sites don’t allow free accounts access to messaging to avoid pointing out that messaging is the only additional feature on the premium account. However, Cupid.com isn’t playing any tricks!
Their paid accounts are flush with interesting features in addition to unlimited messaging. Here are a few of the most interesting:
This is Cupid.com’s answer to traditional compatibility matching. You will answer multiple choice questions regarding hobbies and lifestyle, and your answers will help narrow down the results of singles you see in the search results.
Safe Mode is a great way to avoid fake accounts and catfish! You can choose to leave safe mode off, on basic, or on full.
Off – anybody on the site can find and contact you.
On Basic – Only users in high standing with the site and considered reputable can contact you.
On Full – Only users that have gone through a verification process can contact you.
LikeBook is the fastest way to meet singles on Cupid.com. You will be shown one user at a time and be able to quickly swipe through saying if you are or are not interested in the user. If you like them, you will be able to quickly transition into messaging them.
The Quality of Singles at Cupid.com
A Cupid.com review wouldn’t be complete without mentioning the fun and outgoing singles that make up the user base. We love how many users have flush profiles and are willing to reach out and begin a conversation.
Despite the lack of scientifically-backed personality testing, users on Cupid.com seem eager to speak to one another and do the leg work toward finding a great partner.
If you are looking for a dating site where other singles are actually willing to engage, Cupid.com is perfect.
The only downside to the user pool on Cupid.com is that the lack of stringent verification means there are fake accounts on the site They can be easy to spot if you look for the signs of a scammer/catfish:
- Photos appear fake or can be reverse searched to other sites.
- Stories are too good to be true
- They ask for money
- They ask for private details (financial or otherwise)
- They won’t talk on the phone or over video
How to Sign Up at Cupid.com
Cupid.com has one of the simplest sign up processes of any dating site we’ve reviewed. It starts by selecting your gender and sexual orientation. Then you will input your age, location, and email. Select a password, and you are ready to start!
You will need to verify your email, so make sure you use an address you have access to!
With your email confirmed, you will be able to upload photos and add personal details to your account, but you are not required to do so immediately. If you’d prefer to look around the site first, you can come back and update your information later.
Price | How Much Does Cupid.com Cost?
|Premium||Daily||$1.29 per day|
|Premium||Weekly||$8.33 per week|
|Premium||Monthly||$30.58 per month|
|Premium||Yearly||$27.83 per month|
Customer Support Options
Support on Cupid.com consists of a small helpboard with pre-answered questions and a contact form that can be confusing to navigate. If you need to contact Cupid.com support directly, follow these steps:
- Click “Help and Support” from the drop down menu or the bottom of the webpage.
- Look for the tab labeled “contact us” and click it to make it the active tab.
- Use the drop down menus to select your issue, or an issue as closely related as possible.
- A solution will auto populate that may resolve your problem. If it does not or you still want to contact customer support, select “no” from the section that asks if the answer solved your problem.
- A new message window will open where you can type in your question and concerns. Once you have written your message, click send.
Try Cupid.com Now
Is Cupid.com Only For UK Singles?
Cupid.com is mainly intended for users in the UK, but non-UK users can sign up for the site. However, the non-UK user base is quite small when compared to the entire app. US users make up around 600,000 of the 2.5 million users.
Is Cupid.com LGBTQ+Friendly?
Yes! When signing up you can choose any combination of genders when discussing your sexual orientation. However, there is no place to choose non-binary or other denotations. This can understandably make the site difficult to navigate for some users.
Can I Use Cupid.com On My Phone?
While there are no dedicated apps available for Cupid.com, the site is completely mobile friendly. All you have to do is go to your phone’s browser and type m.cupid.com for access to the mobile site.
What Is The Difference Between Free And Paid Cupid.com Accounts?
Free accounts only have access to searching, friending, and sending winks. For messaging features and all bonus features you will need to pay for a premium membership.
Can I Buy Perks A La Carte?
Yes. Cupid has a pack of bonus features known as Cupid’s Arrows. These features are bought separate from a premium membership and include invisible browsing and search boosts.
How Do I Try Cupid.com for Free?
To try Cupid.com totally free, simply follow the link in this article. You will be able to set up your account and try out the platform without spending a dime or even adding payment information! Once you decide you’d like access to the full features, simply choose “subscribe” from the main menu.