Dating apps are supposed to make dating easier, so it is pretty frustrating when we come across apps that are impossible to figure out! Badoo claims to be built with the purpose of being the most intuitive dating site out there, which definitely has our ears perked!
Of course, we’ve learned to do a little more digging before believing any hype. You can rest assured that we got to the bottom of this one. We looked at the platform, the amenities, the user base, the cost, and even the customer support system to ensure that Badoo is truly as great as they claim.
Overall Badoo Rating
|Ease of Use||9.0/10.0|
Pros and Cons of the Badoo Dating App
- Badoo offers multiple communication methods, including video chat.
- Badoo utilizes user verification to help reduce fake accounts.
- Badoo strictly monitors uploaded content to help keep unsolicited, explicit media out of your inbox.
- Though Badoo says they are adding new features in the future, the current selection is minimal when compared to similar sites.
- Badoo doesn’t have a history of performing well on tests of privacy and app security.
- Badoo matching is based on photos and attraction, not true compatibility.
Badoo Alternatives and Comparisons to Similar Apps
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Badoo vs Tinder
The Badoo app has been around about 6 years longer than Tinder, but what have they done with that time? Let’s take a look at how these 2 dating apps compare, shall we?
- Tinder is geared toward casual dating and in this way Badoo and tinder are very similar bothing matching singles based on appearances alone. Both are often viewed as “hook up apps”.
- If you’re looking for options Badoo takes the cake. Badoo is the world’s most downloaded dating app with over 400 million users registered since launch. (Over 300 Million more than Tinder)
- Tinder was rated lower overall by our team (7.75/10) – See Tinder Review
So what’s the final answer for Tinder vs Badoo? Our best advice here is to check out both and see which one you like more. Both dating apps are well rated and used by millions. If you’re looking for relaxed casual dating you can’t really go wrong with either one.
Badoo vs Bumble
Are you a woman? If so, the consensus from our team is that Bumble is better than Badoo for 2022. Why?
- Women send the first messages on Bumble!
- Bumble has behavioral matchmaking giving you better matches.
- Bumble was given a higher overall rating than Badoo by our team – See Bumble Review
It is worth noting that Bumble costs more than Badoo is all cases so if cost is a big factor for you, or you’re someone who doesn’t want to wait for women to reach out first, Bumble may not be for you.
Badoo vs Hinge
With this one, we have to look at the majority vote. There has to be a reason that Badoo is usually rated 2.5 stars higher than Hinge by users. But does this mean Hinge is garbage compared to the Badoo dating app?
Not necessarily. Hinge does have a few nice features that Badoo doesn’t like advanced search filters, real-time connection options, and anti-spam measures to limit fake profiles from being created. To make a fully informed decision we recommend you check out our Hinge review if you’re weighing these two options.
Is Badoo Worth It? – The Bottom Line Upfront
If you love casual dating apps but are completely over Tinder, we think Badoo is a great choice for you. The approach to dating is very similar but there are some added features and layers of security that helps the Badoo app to stand on its own. In fact, many users in other countries prefer Badoo to Tinder and other swipe-style dating apps.
If you are on the search for something a little more serious or prefer to be matched to singles based on true compatibility, you may want to skip Badoo and head to a more serious dating site like EliteSingles or eHarmony.
Who Badoo Is Good For
- Singles who want a truly casual online dating experience.
- Those who prefer to meet singles based on physical attraction.
- Anyone looking for a dating app that approaches dating from a fun, game-like angle.
Who Badoo Might Not Be Best For
- Those seeking a serious relationship with long-term commitment potential.
- Older singles or singles seeking a partner who is older and/or more established in life.
- Singles who prefer sites with a large number of features that are proven to improve dating odds.
- Those who are deeply concerned with the security of their information while using apps.
Fast Facts About Badoo
- Started as a Facebook gaming app, but as a dating app has been downloaded over 400 million times, worldwide.
- Badoo has 60 million “active” users.
- Services around 190 countries, but is mostly popular in South American and European countries.
- 4.6 star rating and over 60,000 reviews on the Apple store.
- 3.8 star rating and over 12,000 reviews on the Google Play store.
Badoo Review Information
- Site Name: Badoo.com
- Paid or Free: Free site with premium option
- Average Sign-Up Time: 2 minutes
Paid Membership Pricing: Plans starting as low as $9.99 per month
Badoo Review – Table of Contents
- Badoo Features Overview
- The Quality of Singles at Badoo
- How to Sign Up at Badoo
- Price | How Much Does Badoo Cost?
- Customer Support Options
Badoo Features Overview
Badoo creates a casual atmosphere with their use of minimal, but quirky features. Though we find some of the features to not be super helpful when it comes to finding a great relationship, we can’t deny that they are enjoyable to use. Here are a few of the features Badoo has to offer and how to access them!
“Encounters” is the initial stage of matching on Badoo. While in “encounters” you will be determining which singles interest you and which don’t. To land a match, you must like a photo of someone that also liked yours. You can also send a smile, which is Badoo’s equivalent of a super like. This will send a snippet of your profile directly to the match to see if they are interested.
You can also send “crushes” during encounters. This will let you see the person’s full profile without waiting for a like from them. The ability to send crushes is reserved for premium members or can be purchased individually with credits.
Invisible mode is a pretty standard feature among swipe-style dating apps. This feature will allow you to browse singles and search for singles without being visible to anyone else in the app. This feature is available for premium members.
Highlight is a way to push your messages to the top of your contacts’ lists. This makes it more likely that your responses will be read before anyone else’s. This feature is available through a premium membership.
Stickers are essentially emojis that you can purchase with credits and use during conversations. You can access your stickers through the emoji menu. Though most stickers can be purchased for Badoo credits, some are only available to premium members.
Rise up is a feature that can be purchased with Badoo credits. This pushes your photo to the top of the results for other members in your area, which improves your chances of being seen when compared to other singles.
Earn Your Credits
Sometimes Badoo will offer you the opportunity to earn credits, which can be spent on some features like stickers, rise ups, and more. This is usually done by writing a review for the app or completing a survey or general questionnaire.
Gifts can be given to the singles with whom you are chatting. When you choose “send a gift” you will be shown a selection of stickers that can be sent to that person. It doesn’t have a lot of benefits, but it is a cute and fun way to let your match know you are thinking of them.
The Quality of Singles at Badoo
Typically, we don’t find the cream of the crop of singles on swipe-style dating apps. Sure, there can be some really great people, but they are found beneath the pile of catfishers, scammers, and socially inept pickup artists that overwhelm these types of sites.
However, we appreciate that Badoo is so strict on appropriate behavior by offering identity verification features and strict media filtering. This has reduced the amount of trolls on the app and leaves behind a pretty great pool of singles.
The singles pool isn’t going to be stellar for more mature singles because the user base does skew very young (under 35). Those in the appropriate age range will likely be impressed with the singles on Badoo.
How to Sign Up at Badoo
Signing up with Badoo is quick and simple. You simply need to provide an email, password, and date of birth. The app will then ask you for your name, gender, and location, after which you will be able to set up your account.
Price | How Much Does Badoo Cost?
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
Customer Support Options
We love that Badoo allows users to report accounts and block users straight from the messaging center, but we are less impressed with their lack of direct contact to a customer service rep. You can email them through an online form or reach out on social media, but that is the extent of their customer support options.
Get Started Now!
How Much do Badoo Credits Cost?
You can buy 100 Badoo credits for only $2.99. Unfortunately, there is very little you can do with 100 credits – even a pack of virtual chat stickers costs 250 credits. Instead, we recommend buying in a larger chunk. Your options are:
- 100 credits for $2.99
- 550 credits for $7.99
- 1250 credits for $9.99
- 2750 credits for $19.99
Do I Have to Link my Social Media to my Badoo Account?
No! Though this is true of old accounts, members are no longer required to link Badoo to their social media in any way. If you have an old account and need to disconnect from Facebook, you can do so in your account settings.
Is Badoo LGBTQ Friendly?
Yes! Badoo has a large number of LGBTQ users and even dedicates many of their in-depth blog posts to dating in the LGBTQ community and how to have success on their app.
Does Badoo Work on PC?
Yes! The Badoo site works well on any laptop or desktop computer and can be used interchangeably with the Badoo app. This is a convenience not all competitors can match.
Can I try Badoo for Free?
Of course! It is totally free to sign up for Badoo and you can even use the site without paying. However, premium members get a lot of great perks and unlimited access to features. Not to mention, premium members don’t have a limit on the number swipes they can perform and don’t have any ads on their apps.