When it comes to online dating, there aren’t a lot of names as well known as Match.com. But is Match a great fit for you? Well, if you’re trying to answer that question, you have a few different options. One—you can check out our Match.com reviews to see what the experts have to say. Or two—you can snag a Match.com free trial and check things out for yourself.
Which of these options is the best way to get a good feel for the situation? We recommend both. Check out the review, and then conduct your own review (at no cost) thanks to the features you get with the Match.com free trial. And if you do find out that Match isn’t the best fit for you (which is okay), we’ve also included some links below to other great free trials, so you can really find the right dating app for you.
Let’s talk now about what you get with the Match free trial, what you don’t get, how to get signed up, and other Match.com alternatives you might be interested in.
What You Get With Your Match.com Free Trial
- Ability to search for singles in your area by interest, age, and demographics
- Use the swipe-style like or skip feature to review singles in your area
- Create your profile, upload your pictures, and get prepared in case you decide to upgrade your account
- You may get the ability to message one of your best matches for free (not publicly posted, but we’ve seen randomly given out to Match.com free trial account holders
- Depending on the current offer the site has live, you may also get access to a 3-day or 7-day trial where you can send messages to other members. From our observation, this isn’t always available, but may be from time to time.
- You’ll also get the ability to test out the features to see if the site is a good match or not for what you’re looking for.
What You Don’t Get
- Unless there’s a free trial promotion running at the time you sign up (you’ll be able to see through the link provided), you won’t be able to send messages without upgrading.
- Under the same circumstances as we just mentioned, you also won’t be able to read the messages sent to you by other members unless you move up to a premium account.
Best Match.com Alternatives with Free Trials
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#5||The League||Free Trial|
How Much Does the Free Trial on Match Cost?
The Match free trial is truly free – they don’t trick you into needing a credit card during sign up like some other sites do. The sign up is super easy and only takes a few pieces of information to create an account. After creating your free Match account, you’ll be scrolling cute singles within minutes. Through the link we provided, you’ll automatically be credited with the limited free trial to start looking around.
What You Get With the Match.com free trial
Free trial accounts get the ability to perform several different search types, like mutual search, reverse search, and the ability to save searches. This is a nice way to see who is available in your area, and if the quality and type of members are to your liking.
What is nice is that most singles on Match.com have photos up so you’re not searching blind. We tried a few searches around different cities in our state, and numerous singles came up in every search. Some online dating apps blur out member’s photos until you upgrade, so this is a nice touch.
Additionally, the Match.com free trial gets you the ability to set up your profile and upload photos. If you do plan to upgrade to a paid membership, this is a nice way to get that taken care of before you start paying.
What You Don’t Get
It’s important to remember that dating sites like Match are businesses, so they do need to charge for things to keep the lights on and keep offering great services. Unless there is a special promo running directly through the site, you’re not going to be able to send messages or read messages during the Match free trial.
Bummer? Yes, but that is the industry standard. If they gave you these abilities, then there’d be no way for them to make money and keep offering services.
How Long is the Match Free Trial?
The Match free trial effectively lasts forever. Once you get your account created, you’re free to take your time setting up your profile, looking through matches in your area, and deciding if upgrading is worth it for you or not. While the free trial is somewhat limited, it is nice to know that you’re not going to be rushed into making a decision, and you’re able to take your time.
Getting Started with the Match Free Trial Today
If you’re interested in reading more about Match features and about the paid account features, then check out our full review here. And if you’re ready to give the site a try, scroll back up and click the link to activate your Match.com free trial account now. And if you want to check out some of those alternatives, feel free to do that as well. Ultimately, finding the right dating site is extremely important to your success finding that special someone.