By: Jason Lee | Updated April 2021
eHarmony is a premiere online dating site boasting over 2 million people finding love and a new match being made every 14 minutes! But how much does eHarmony cost? Is eHarmony expensive? Is the price worth the features you’re getting?
Unfortunately, most online dating apps don’t share their pricing models publicly until after you sign up. That’s where we come in! Our team keeps an updated record of the price of every eHarmony membership and what features you get. Additionally, we’re here to help you answer those pressing questions like ‘Is it worth it?’ and ‘Is eHarmony expensive?’
eHarmony Cost for Premium Memberships
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
|Premium Light||6 Months||$65.90 per month|
|Premium Plus||12 Months||$45.90 per month|
|Premium Extra||24 Months||$35.90 per month|
*** eHarmony frequently runs sales for as much as 50-60% off that are ONLY shown to you once you create a free trial account.
Some eHarmony Alternatives to Try
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#2||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Silver Singles||Free Trial|
Is eHarmony Expensive?
This is the question we get from singles the most. Compared to other online dating apps, eHarmony is generally costs a few bucks more. However, you get a lot more features and access to a really effective online dating app.
So, while you might pay a few bucks more for your dating membership now, you may save in the long run over a less effective dating app that takes you longer to find what you’re looking for.
The bottom line is we think the eHarmony cost is worth every penny, as long as you’re looking for a serious relationship and are ready to put a little effort into the process.
- Membership costs range from $35.90 monthly to $65.90 for one month.
- All plans come with 100% of the same features.
- The only differences between each of the eHarmony memberships is how much they cost and how long you sign up for.
- An eHarmony free trial account gives you access to take the compatibility quiz, set up your profile, and start seeing if the dating app is right for you.
Table of Contents:
- Is It Worth Paying for eHarmony?
- Can You Use eHarmony for Free?
- How Much Does Each eHarmony Plan Cost?
- What Payment Options Does eHarmony Accept?
- Recent Changes to the eHarmony Cost Structure
- Sales, Discounts, Free Trials, and Promotions
- Do eHarmony Memberships Auto-Renew?
- FAQ – eHarmony Prices and Costs
Is It Worth Paying for eHarmony?
“I hear about a lot of people who think eHarmony is more expensive than it really is. In reality, it is slightly higher priced than some other online dating sites, but only by a few dollars a month. However, what’s more important is when you compare the price to the track record of results eHarmony has, it’s really worth every penny.”
– Jason Lee, Relationship Science and Data Analyst
“I have to say, at first, I was worried that eHarmony might be a little too expensive. However, when I stopped to really look at the results they deliver, my mind changed. Trust me—it’s worth spending a few extra dollars to get something done right the first time.”
– Linda Morris, Associate Reviews Editor
“If you’re serious about finding a real relationship and just maybe finding the forever guy or gal down the road, you should be excited about eHarmony’s pricing. It’s low enough to be affordable but high enough that it deters people who aren’t really serious about the process. In other words, less games and less flakes. Worth it in my eyes!”
– Christina Anne, Dating Coach and Contributing Writer
The million-dollar question is whether or not the eHarmony cost is worth it. At first glance, you might think that eHarmony is a bit too expensive and you’ll be tempted to go with one of the cheaper options available.
The thing with online dating that you have to remember is this. You are going to get what you pay for. While this is not 100% true across the board, it’s a good rule of thumb that is correct most of the time. And with the cost of eHarmony? It’s 100% the case.
Cheaper and even free sites are going to be filled with a lot of garbage. More expensive sites do a great job of weeding out the riff-raff and allowing the quality singles to rise to the top.
With a site like eHarmony, people have to fill out an extensive profile before joining and pay a slightly higher rate to join. These act as a filter for quality and a barrier to entry. The people that are flaky and aren’t as invested in the process aren’t going to take the time to fill out their profiles or pay the membership cost.
This should be a big win for you. eHarmony is notoriously known in the industry for having some of the highest quality matches, the best matching algorithms and systems, and the most serious daters who are looking for something long term. All of these together are a recipe for an insanely successful online dating site.
The bottom line is that yes, the eHarmony cost for a membership is a bit more than some other sites, but you’re going to be pleased with the quality that you find. Remember, you’re not looking for a new pair of pants or a new gym. You’re looking for someone that you’re going to potentially fall in love with and potentially spend the rest of your life with.
If that’s not worth a few extra bucks to you for a couple of months, you may want to check on your priorities before you start dating.
Can You Use eHarmony for Free?
Yes! You can get a free trial account to check out eHarmony through the link we’ve posted above. Are you going to have full functionality? No. You won’t be able to send messages or see your matches pictures. What do you get with the eHarmony free trial? Quite a bit still.
- Ability to take and complete the compatibility questionnaire (the patented matching algorithm)
- You can set up your complete profile with your pictures and all the great information about you
- Send like/thumbs up and smiley flirts to your matches
- See the complete profiles of all your matches
- See how many current members have sent you messages
How Much Does Each eHarmony Plan Cost?
Whether you commit to six months or two years, you will get access to all of the available features. There is no longer an “edge” to those that choose to pay additional money. Every membership comes with all of the great features eHarmony has to offer!
You’ll find three premium plans you can choose from if you decide to upgrade. As stated, the only differences between these plans are how long you are committing for and what you are going to pay.
Each plan comes with the option of paying all subscription fees upfront as a lump sum, as two equal payments, as three equal payments, and now (as of July 2020) as four equal payments. These payment options are available with all three plans.
Additionally, it’s important to note there are no eHarmony cost benefits by choosing the lump sum or any of the other three options. You will pay the exact same amount with each method. Choose the method that fits your finances best.
Premium Light Membership: 6-Month Plan
- The cost of this eHarmony plan works out to $65.90 per month
- The plan is available through a one-time payment or can be broken down into two, three, or four equally-sized payments
- Known as the Premium Light Membership
- Payment options:
- Option 1: Four payments of $98.85
- Option 2: Three payments of $131.80
- Option 3: Two payments of $197.70
- Option 4: $395.40 total upfront
Premium Plus Membership: 12-Month Plan
- This eHarmony membership plan will run you $45.90 monthly
- The one-year plan is known as the Premium Plus option
- Also available through one upfront payment, or two, three, or four equally-sized payments
- Payment options:
- Option 1: Four payments of $120.49
- Option 2: Three payments of $160.65
- Option 3: Two payments of $240.98
- Option 4: $481.95 total upfront
Premium Extra Membership: 24-Month Plan
- The eHarmony cost of this premium plan comes out to $35.90 per month
- Payment is available via PayPal or five different credit card or debit card options
- Known as the Premium Extra Membership plan
- Payment Options:
- Option 1: Four payments of $201.93
- Option 2: Three payments of $269.25
- Option 3: Two payments of $403.88
- Option 4: $807.75 total upfront
What Payment Options Does eHarmony Accept?
You can cover your eHarmony costs through the use of a major credit card or through the e-wallet PayPal. You can also use debit cards that have one of the below-mentioned logos on the front as well. There are no discounts or changes in pricing depending on which option you use. Current options include:
- American Express
- Discover Card
Recent Changes to the eHarmony Cost Structure
- All plans now come with 100% of the available premium features.
- The only difference between each plan is how long you are committing to.
- The three-month plan has been eliminated. The options are now 6 months, 12 months (1 year), and 24 months (2 years).
- eHarmony added the option of splitting payments into four installments instead of a maximum of three.
Sales, Discounts, Free Trials, and Promotions
eHarmony does frequently run sales on their memberships. Sometimes the sale is for one membership level, and at some times, it is for every membership they have available. Literally, every time we’ve checked there has been a 50% off deal for new customers that’s available for about 40 hours after your initial sign up. The deal takes 50% off the first three months of every plan, and then the plan converts to the normal pricing listed in the chart above.
Here are the total cost amounts as well as what the payment installments would look like for each plan with the 50% off deal for the first three months applied.
Remember, these deals are only posted and shown once you create a free trial account.
Do eHarmony Memberships Auto-Renew?
One thing that you may not be aware of if you are new to online dating is that most plans you purchase are going to be set to automatically renew at the end of your term. This means that if you pay for a year-long dating plan, on day 366 you are going to be charged again and your membership term will renew. eHarmony has this set up automatically on all of their plans.
The idea behind this is that it is convenient for members. They feel you shouldn’t have to go out of your way if you want to continue using their online dating services.
Here’s the good news if you’re not on board with that. All you have to do is go into your account settings and turn off the auto-renewal. When you do this, your account will quit at the end of your membership term.
If you decide you want to keep going, you can always turn that back on or choose to purchase a different plan at that time. They’re not going to delete your account or your matches if your account lapses or anything like that. Make sure, too, that if you find someone special and no longer need the services that you also turn this off. You can use that renewal money to buy something nice for your new mate 🙂
eHarmony Costs With Auto-Renewal Are Different
Something interesting we uncovered is that all three plans renew at a different rate. Each plan (no matter the length you selected) will renew annually to a 12 month plan. But the price on each 12 month plan is going to be significantly different.
- 6-month eHarmony memberships renew at a price of $838.80 for a 12-month term
- 12-month eHarmony memberships renew at a price of $550.80 for a 12-month term
- 24-month eHarmony memberships renew at a price of $430.80 for a 12-month term
What’s the takeaway here? If you purchase the 6-month plan, you’re better off cancelling initially and signing back up again. Your information and profile will be saved, but you can get a much better annual rate.
Additionally, contacting customer support near your renewal date might be smart as they may be able to work with you if you point out this information. Don’t wait until the last minute, but reach out a few weeks ahead of time.
FAQ – eHarmony Prices and Costs
Is there an eHarmony discount I can get?
eHarmony sometimes offers discounts on memberships but the company only showcases these offers to people who have signed up for a free trial account. You can get your own free trial account right now at the link posted above.
Is eHarmony more expensive than other online dating sites?
Yes, eHarmony is generally more expensive than other online dating sites. However, the difference in price is only a few bucks a month and the added benefits and success rates you get access to are worth every penny. If you’re okay investing in yourself and your future relationship, the higher price of an eHarmony membership is well worth it.
How can I pay for an eHarmony membership?
Paying for an eHarmony membership can be accomplished through credit card, debit card, or by PayPal. Currently, the company accepts VISA, AMEX, Discover, and MasterCard.
Are there different add-ons or extra charges with an eHarmony membership?
Nope! eHarmony only has one level of membership that comes with 100% of the features. Unlike other sites, you can’t pay extra to try and get a leg up on anyone else on the site.
Is the eHarmony cost really worth it?
To us, absolutely. If finding that special someone to spend the rest of your life with is important to you, then it’s worth every penny. As we like to say, you’re not trying to pick out a new pair of pants or a new dress. You’re looking for someone that you might end up spending the rest of your life with. To us, that’s worth every penny.
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.