St. Louis is an interesting place to be, especially if you’re single. The town has been modernizing more and more over the years, which has attracted a younger more open minded community.
Still, there are many old-school dating values and romantic trends alive in the city. Often, these two lifestyles don’t blend well, which can make dating feel impossible.
If you are struggling to date in St. Louis, it is likely because you aren’t setting yourself up to find singles that share your core values and general personality. Luckily, we have a few ways to make your dating life a lot easier.
The number one best tip for meeting singles in St. Louis is to narrow your search to spaces that work for you. That might mean going to the right bar, attending the right event, or switching your search efforts to the internet where things just make more sense!
Make Finding Love Easy with Online Dating
What are you into? Do you have some hobbies and passions that define your life? Are there traits or values that you insist your partner has?
When you do traditional dating, you get to randomly guess who has the traits you are looking for and work from there. It can often lead to disappointed or genuine heartbreak. Online dating lets you avoid all that nonsense.
When you utilize the best dating sites for singles in St. Louis, you can use their expertly designed search systems and matching algorithms to ensure that you are only spending time talking to singles with real potential.
Once you have a good base of singles, you can then spend time talking with them and getting to know them from a distance. Find out who they are, what they like, if they have annoying habits you don’t want to put up with.
If you decide you aren’t interested in someone, there is no terrible face-to-face breakup. You can just move on to the next person with no hard feelings. Online dating is a way to find real love without worrying about taking constant hits to the heart or self esteem and we can’t recommend it highly enough!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in St. Louis
- The Crack Fox Bar: St. Louis can sometimes feel a little oldschool in their traditions and values. So, if you have a modern pov or eclectic style, you can feel out of place. Not at The Crack Fox Bar. This bar calls themself the “bar for the misfit toys.” If you want to meet singles that are as unique and alt as yourself, then this is the bar for you.
- Pagan Wine Bar: Another bar for those with a modern or eclectic aesthetic is the Pagan Wine Bar. We love that this bar has such unique vibes and an open and welcoming atmosphere, plus wine! If you are less of a spirits person and more of a wine lover, then you don’t want to miss out on The Pagan Wine Bar.
- HandleBar: This isn’t just a great place for pun lovers! The HandleBar is a weird little bike-themed bar with amazing drinks and a friendly environment. You will find it super simple to strike up conversation with the patrons at The HandleBar because everyone seems to show up with a smile on their face.
- Broadway Oyster Bar: Broadway Oyster Bar is a place to enjoy a boisterous nightlife while meeting other St. Louis locals. There is live music seven days a week and some of the most delicious seafood in all of St. Louis. Broadway Oyster Bar is an old school kind of hangout where you can meet a wide variety of music loving St. Louis singles.
- Start Bar: You know we love an arcade bar for meeting singles, and Start Bar does not disappoint! This bar is so upbeat that you can’t help but smile when you’re there. It makes a perfect environment for meeting other singles, challenging them to arcade battles, and making lasting connections that could easily turn into love.
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in St. Louis
When it comes to meeting someone that cares about the same things you do, it takes a little bit of planning. St. Louis has some amazing annual events that celebrate lifestyles, cultures, and the arts. So, if you want to meet someone who gets you, consider looking for them at one of the fantastic annual events.
St. Louis Art Fair
There are lots of places to find art year round in St. Louis, but the most inclusive experience is the yearly St. Louis Art Fair. The fair shows the work of a specially selected group of professional artists along with local amateur artists. They compete with their original works, making a beautiful display where you can enjoy yourself and strike up conversations with other St. Louis art lovers.
Music at The Intersection
Music at The Intersection is the perfect place for music lovers to meet and get to know one another. This yearly event is a celebration of the St. Louis music scene. The event lasts a weekend (usually in September) and covers many genres and cultures of music from Jazz to hip hop.
Gateway to Pride
The Gateway to Pride event is one of the most open-minded and accepting experiences in the St. Louis area. If you have struggled to find connections with the LGBTQ+ community, then get down to Gateway Pride and find your community! Even if you don’t find a love connection, you can still find people to call your own!.
St. Louis International Film Festival
Film lovers congregate each year at the St. Louis International Film Festival, making it a perfect place for cinephiles to meet. If you love movies and want to find a partner that enjoys evaluating plots and spotting inconsistencies as much as you, then the St. Louis International Film Festival is the event for you.
Soulard Mardi Gras
No matter where you are in the US, if you have the opportunity to attend a Mardi Gras event, you should take it! This is one of the most exciting events of the year where people come from all over to drink, listen to music, enjoy parades, and just have a great time. If you are looking for a single that loves to party, then don’t miss this event!