San Francisco is one of the largest cities in all of the US with a huge pool of singles to match. You’d think that when every other person you meet is single, it would be simple to find dates. Unfortunately, that’s not the case.
While polls show that it is a breeze to hookup and have flings in San Francisco, those looking for more committed romance are struggling. One term that gets tossed around a lot when discussing singles in San Francisco is “peter pan syndrome.”
While the phrase can be used in a few settings, in this case it refers to singles who are so focused on “living for today,” that they refuse to commit to any form of a long term relationship.
If you are tired of wasting time on singles who just want to hit it and quit it, then it is time to start looking for love in the right places. From online dating to cultural parades, we’ve mapped out all the best places for San Francisco singles to find one another.
Ready to improve your dating game and find real connections? Check out our list and see how you can adjust your search for singles!
Find Singles That Are in It for the Long Haul With Online Dating
Online dating is a perfect way to avoid tourists and commitment-fearing singles in San Francisco!
When you use the best online dating sites for San Francisco singles, you are given the opportunity to only spend your time communicating with singles you know are interested in more than a fling. Plus, you can even narrow those singles down based on traits that matter to you.
Some of the interesting search filters you can use on dating sites include:
- Smoking Habits
- Drinking Habits
We love that the best online dating sites even use personality testing to help you determine whether the singles you are talking to are actually right for you! That can help eliminate awkward first dates that end in frustration and wasted time/money.
Hundreds of thousands of people have found long term commitment through online dating and you can too! These sites aren’t just for desperate people like early 2000’s television would have you believe! These dating sites are filled with talented, stunning singles who are simply struggling to find the time to date, just like you.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||The League||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in San Francisco
- Alchemist Bar and Lounge: Alchemist’s is a breath of fresh air in an area of SF that is completely dominated by sports bars and lounges. The bar is located near Oracle Park, making it popular among locals who know where to look for great cocktail drinks. If you want to meet local singles with a more refined taste, check out Alchemist Bar and Lounge.
- Charmaine’s: Charmaine’s is Proper Hotel’s answer to the popular rooftop bars in more temperate areas of California. In SF, days get too bright and sunny for traditional rooftop seating, so Charmain’s gives you all the rooftop views without the blistering sun. The result is an atmosphere so naturally exciting and romantic that it makes talking to strangers a breeze!
- Smuggler’s Cove: Smuggler’s Cove is an exotic drinking paradise that feels like a Tiki Bar that’s grown up a bit. It is the kind of bar you would expect to actually find on an exotic island. The mature vibes and tropical decor create a feeling of paradise that makes you feel ready to mingle and make new acquaintances!
- Rickhouse: If you are less interested in cocktails or craft beer and instead want to meet singles with a shared love for whiskey and modern drinking, then check out Rickhouse. This snug, sultry bar has a sexy vibe that makes it perfect for meeting singles. Plus, you will get to drink the best whiskey in all of San Fran!
- Trick Dog: Trick Dog is a local favorite in San Francisco. If you find yourself overwhelmed with tourists while bar hopping, you should stop in to Trick Dog. They have some of the best drinks and grub in the city and you are bound to meet amazing locals while there. It’s a win-win situation!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in San Francisco
San Francisco is a huge city, filled with singles that enjoy a plethora of activities. To find the best singles for you, try looking at events and places that highlight your passions. Whether you love baseball or are passionate about your culture’s history, we know places you can find the perfect singles for you.
Catch a Game at Oracle Park
Oracle Park is the home of the San Francisco Giants and a perfect place to spend the day enjoying baseball and meeting singles. Even if it isn’t baseball season, there are tons of fun events held at Oracle Park including fundraisers, training camps, and much more!
Attend a Cultural Parade/ Festival
San Francisco is nothing if not diverse, and the number of cultural events and festivals clearly back that up! Whether you are looking for a parade to celebrate Chinese New Year, a festival celebrating Japanese culture, a Dia De Los Muertos dance, or anything else, San Fran has it! Check out San Fran’s main tourism site for info on all the cultural heritage events!
Spend Time at The How Weird Festival
The How Weird Festival is the perfect place to meet singles that enjoy expressing themselves. The event celebrates the unique blend of styles and cultures that exist in San Francisco by letting locals display all the things that make them strange and unique.
Dress up For San Fran Comic Con
San Francisco has one of the largest comic cons in the nation, and you don’t want to miss it! If you enjoy comic book culture and want to meet singles with a similar vibe, SF Comic Con is the place for you! Cosplay is huge at the con, so consider dressing up and using anonymity as a confidence booster for your dating endeavors!