When we did our study to find the best cities for dating in the US, we were surprised to find that Phoenix did not fare well. They have a lower number of singles overall, the temperature isn’t conducive with dating, the cost of living is extremely high, and the general thoughts from locals is that standard dating is a mess.
Since meeting singles in Phoenix is tough for a variety of reasons, it is hard to pinpoint exactly how to improve your dating experience. Some locals even say they have considered moving to a new city exclusively because of their troubles with dating.
We know packing up and shipping out isn’t an option for everyone, so we have a few better ideas of ways to find singles in Phoenix. Check out our list for tips on online dating, great bars to stop by, and a few unique places to meet singles.
Find the Perfect Partner from Your Couch with Online Dating
These days, you don’t have to leave your home for most things. Need some groceries? Have them delivered to your door. Want some food? Have it delivered to your door. Looking for love? Well, you can’t have a lover delivered to your door, but you can have a list of amazing singles delivered directly to your phone!
Online dating is the best way to narrow down your search and begin chatting with singles that actually interest you. You can make the apps work for you on your schedule and there are a variety of price points to fit into any budget.
There is a huge variety of dating apps out there and some aren’t so incredible. Be sure to use only the best apps for singles in your area. If you need help picking an app, check out our list of the best dating apps for singles in Phoenix. Our list comes with info on pricing, details regarding the platforms pros and cons, and even links to free trials!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Phoenix
- Sazerac – Sazerac is the epitome of the perfect local watering hole. It is filled with locals enjoying time after work and has a real “Cheers” vibe where everyone knows your name. And if they don’t, they want to learn it! Sazerac is the perfect place to make new friends and meet amazing local singles.
- The Lost Leaf – If you enjoy bars where having conversations with strangers is a main event, then you will love The Lost Leaf. They call themselves an establishment built on community on conversation, and that is a feeling shared by locals who have reviewed the bar. Sometimes it can be nerve wracking to chat up a stranger, so choosing a bar like The Lost Leaf where they are likely to chat you up first is a great way to navigate the dating scene!
- Cobra Arcade Bar – Sometimes you can head to an amazing bar and meet cool people all night and you still don’t have any luck. That’s why we think it is important to always choose places where your good time doesn’t rely on romantic success! Cobra Arcade Bar is one of those places. With the arcade cabinets, music, and food, you are going to enjoy yourself no matter what happens!
- Floor 13 Rooftop Bar – We’ve complained a lot about Phoenix’s weather, but honestly there are some really beautiful sites and gorgeous sunny days to enjoy in Phoenix. The Floor 13 Rooftop Bar is a perfect spot to head to on those beautiful nights. It is a popular spot among local business people, which means it is a top spot for meeting financially stable and ambitious singles!
- The Whining Pig Bar – If you are a beer and wine drinker, you don’t want to miss out on The Whining Pig Bar. There, you will find a small but charming location with hundreds of beers and wines to choose from, delicious food, and even some tabletop games. The cozy location is first come first serve vs reserved seating which makes it popular with local singles!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Phoenix
Watch a Show at The Orpheum Theater
The Orpheum Theater is a beautiful piece of Phoenix history and a great place to meet singles. There is a wide variety of shows, so you can choose one that really piques your interest. This means others at the show are likely to have similar taste to you, which makes for a top tier talking point!
Swim and Splash at a Local Pool
Have we mentioned that Phoenix is ridiculously hot in the summers? Beat the heat by heading to a public pool where you can cool off and meet others looking to lounge and have a good time in the Phoenix heat. Plus, there is something vulnerable and refreshing about meeting others while in your bathing suit!
Catch a Game at Chase Field
If you love baseball but don’t like the inevitable sunburn, you might be interested in knowing that Chas Field is a completely covered stadium. That means you can catch a game and meet other baseball lovers without worrying about blistering under the Phoenix sun! Hitting on a hottie while dripping with sweat is not a great look, so you’ll enjoy the environment at Chase field!
Nerd Out at The Arizona Science Center
The Arizona Science Center might seem like a place for school trips and family outings,but it actually draws in a huge number of individual science enthusiasts looking to learn and meet new people. If you are looking for a single with a curious mind, this is the perfect place to spend a day out!
Hunt for Ghosts at Goldfield
The Goldfield Ghost Town is a seriously fun place to spend a day. You can enjoy watching historic actors giving their all, get a feel for what life was like in the wild west, and meet others who find the idea of watching a staged gun fight alluring. It is a quirky place filled with unique people, which makes it a perfect spot for meeting local singles!