When we began researching the largest 100 US cities to determine which were the best for singles, we thought Philadelphia would perform well.
On the surface, it is a town with lots of entertainment establishments, diverse people, and a bold, extraverted population.
But, the city came in at the very bottom of the list.
It turns out, in all areas of ranking (entertainment establishments, cost of dating, singles pool, etc.) the city performed average. There was nothing really outstanding to bolster the dating scene, which may explain why there are thousands of posts on social media of Philadelphia singles claiming to be bored of dating in the city.
Luckily, we know that dating in Philadelphia can be exciting again if you know where to target your search! If you are looking to spice up your dating life and find actually compatible singles, read on for a list of the best locations, bars, and digital outlets for finding a partner in Philadelphia!
Make Dating Feel Exciting Again with Online Dating
One of the most modern and exciting ways to date is with quality online dating tools.
We aren’t talking about hookup apps that only aid people in finding a bed for the night. No, we know the best dating sites for Pennsylvania singles who are serious about finding true love.
These sites have everything you need to enjoy your dating experience.
- Easy-to-learn platforms.
- Free trial periods.
- Bonus features to aid in anonymity while searching the site.
- On-site help with building great profiles.
- Games and tools for breaking the ice with matches.
- Personality-based matching for higher relationship success odds.
- So much more!
What we love most about online dating is the way it allows singles to start relationships and build connections on their own time. Busy professionals, full-time students, single parents – they can all benefit from a dating lifestyle that can be done anywhere at any time!
5 Best Bars for Singles in Philadelphia
- Bar: The name might be a bit on the nose, but Bar is truly one of the most original places to meet singles in Philadelphia. From the drinks in a bag to the staff that emboldens making connections, Bar is a perfect hangout for Philadelphia singles.
- a.Bar: Not to be confused with Bar, a.Bar is a modern and sleek location that focuses on providing both a drinking and eating experience like no other. If you get easily intimidated by the traditional, dark aesthetic of most bars, give a.Bar a try!
- Bob and Barbara’s: Bob and Barbara’s has been offering live entertainment to Philadelphia locals since 1969 and the bar’s popularity hasn’t slowed a bit. The bar has a history that you’ll want to be a part of, so stop in and make some memories of your own!
- Tattooed Mom: The Tattooed Mom is one of the most modern bars on our list, but the location hasn’t lost its rock and roll appeal to the ideal of modern design and sleek decor. This is a place where you can meet some of the coolest locals in Philadelphia while enjoying unique treats like the pickletini!
- Howl at The Moon: Lots of people like to look for singles in clubs, but full-on clubs can be a nightmare to actually communicate in. That’s why we prefer club-style bars like Howl at The Moon. You still get to dance, enjoy music, and get a little rowdy, but making connections with people is also on the table.
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Philadelphia
When it comes to picking places to meet singles in Philadelphia, the focus needs to be on choosing places that allow you to enjoy yourself. If you aren’t relaxed and having a great time, you are going to find it difficult to connect with others. Here are our picks for the most exciting events and places to meet singles in Philadelphia.
At an Eagles Game
There may be no more exciting event at which to meet singles than a Philadelphia Eagles football game. If you are a fan, you know you are going to be surrounded by hundreds of kindred spirits all hyped up on the thrill of the game-day high! Whether in the pre-season, main season, or post-season, The Eagles always put on a show worth watching and attract singles worth meeting!
At the Walnut Street Theater
The Walnut Street Theater is one of many live theaters in the city and the first of two on this list alone. The reason we included Walnut Street Theater is thanks to their amazing lineup and interesting venue layout.
While not small, the theater is shockingly intimate. This creates an atmosphere that is perfect for meeting other showgoers and making connections. If you love live theater, we highly recommend catching a show at the Walnut Street Theater!
At The Academy of Music
The Academy of Music puts on some of the best shows in the city. From modern pieces like Pretty Woman and Hamilton to traditional showings like the Nut Crackers, The Academy of Music hosts some of the greatest live shows you’ll ever see.
The venue even hosts stand up comedians from time to time, so be sure to check out their website for the listing that piques your interest! Once at your event, you will be able to enjoy yourself while also being surrounded by people with similar tastes! It’s a perfect spot to meet someone new.
Shopping on Second and Third
At the heart of Philadelphia’s historic district is the shopping on Second Street and Third Street. This is a place filled with locals walking around, enjoying the city, and grabbing a few eclectic pieces or delicious treats.
If you want to spend some time outside and get to know the heart of the city, we highly recommend checking out the shops on Second and Third. Even if you don’t meet your soulmate, you could still walk away with a great find from one of the shops!