We love Omaha! The singles in the city are attractive, driven, and know what they are looking for in a partner. The problem is, it seems like singles in Omaha have a hard time finding each other!
Maybe it’s the size of the city, or maybe it is how focused the younger crowd is on their careers. All we know is that if you are struggling with dating in Omaha, you are not alone! That’s why we’ve put together this guide for meeting singles in Omaha.
From bars and festivals to online dating, we have the info you need to take your dating game to the next level!
Skip the Bad, Omaha Weather – Try Dating Online
In the summer it is muggy and overcast. In the winter it is freezing and windy. Honestly, it sometimes feels like it is never a good time to just hang out in Omaha. Which, when you are single and looking to mingle, can be incredibly frustrating!
There’s no reason to miss out on a relationship because you can’t find time on a day with fair weather. Online dating is a super easy way to meet singles in your area and get to know them on a deeper level. And online dating is nothing like it was in the early 2000’s! Now, there are dozens of reputable sites that use advanced personality assessments and compatibility surveys to help narrow your results.
If you are a person who feels like you always meet the wrong people or can’t find anyone that thinks like you, then online dating is perfect for you. You can let these sites do all the work and watch as singles you can relate to just pop up on your screen. It almost feels like science fiction! If you are interested, check out our list of the best dating sites for singles in Omaha.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Omaha
- Inkwell Bar – Inkwell is a bar that works hard to keep its atmosphere extremely chill. Their entire motivation is to create a place where you can meet other people and have conversations with friends and strangers while sipping on delicious drinks. If you want a bar where you aren’t screaming over a sound system to chitchat, Inkwell is the place for you!
- Cellar 44- Cellar 44 calls themselves a haven for workers, parents, and anyone needing relief after a rough day. This wine bar feels a little bit fancy, but just enough to make you feel like you are pampering yourself when in reality their prices are extremely reasonable! With a large number of business clientele, Cellar 44 is a great place to try and find motivated and future-focused singles.
- Jerry’s Bar – Jerry’s Bar may look a little old-school, but trust us – that is all intentional! The place was fully renovated in 2012 and upgraded to include a patio seating area, new barstools, and spacious booths. The new, open feeling makes Jerry’s Bar a place where you won’t feel weird walking up to a stranger to say, “hi.”
- Harney Street Tavern – Harney Street Tavern (HST) is another traditional bar, but with a larger focus on the things their guests actually want – like a stage for live music. These musical events charge no cover, which means they bring in a decent-sized audience! If you are a music lover, HST’s live concerts are a great place to meet singles.
- Copacabana – If you want a bar/lounge that feels as swanky as its name, check out The Copacabana! The bar opened in 2014 and has worked to become the fanciest lounge in the area. They even have an onsite Humidor who has curated a large cigar collection for enjoyment in the cigar lounge. However, what we are most interested in is their super popular ladies night event! You may not meet a showgirl named Lola, but you are definitely going to be among some of the most beautiful singles in all of Omaha!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Omaha
Good weather, bad weather – it doesn’t matter! Sometimes you just want to get out of the house and see real people. We get it! That’s why we’ve picked some of our top events and places for you to meet singles in Omaha!
Check Out the Free Live Music at Turner Park
Searching for singles can get expensive! That’s why we recommend taking your search to places where singles actually hang out, and that is also free! Each summer at Midtown Crossing, you can find live musical performances in Turner Park. Bring a blanket big enough for two and you may be able to invite a cute stranger to enjoy the show with you!
Visit The Henry Doorly Zoo During School Hours
Hear us out! We know that it’s one of those places that is always filled with screaming kids and large families. However, if you head out for a day at the zoo during school hours, you will find that many singles and young adults love to check out the amazing exhibits at the Henry Doorly Zoo. There is no other place in Omaha where you can strike up a conversation with an attractive stranger while standing in a huge, indoor desert!
Stroll Through the Annual Greek Festival
Run by the St. John The Baptist Greek Orthodox Church, this yearly event is a tribute to the music, food, dancing, and overall culture of the Greek community. This 3-day event comes at the end of August and brings in people from all over Omaha. If you want to attend an event where you can both meet new people and eat delicious gyros, The Greek Festival is the place to be!
Take Your Dog to the Bark Park
Get your best wingman (or lady) involved in your search for a partner! The Canine Courtyard Bark Park is a great place to let your pup enjoy some play time while also meeting new people. If you are looking for that movie-style meet cute, you won’t do any better than at a dog park!
Written By: Brandi Brown
Brandi Brown is a daytime copywriter and nighttime novelist. Her projects range from marketing content and commercial scripts all the way to narrative poetry and short fiction. Her debut novel, Bleached, is set to release in 2023.
✉ Contact Brandi: [email protected]