Oklahoma City is one of the two largest cities in Oklahoma and is located nearly dead center of the state. This means that the town, which is flush with business opportunities, houses Oklahoma natives and implants from Texas, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Arkansas, New Mexico, and even residents of non-bordering states.
This has led to a beautiful blending of cultures and interests that make OKlahoma City a thriving hub for new ideas and business, but also a very confusing place to find love. If you are looking to start a serious relationship in OKC, we suggest a few strategies – know the best bars for singles, check out the best events for meeting people, and utilize digital tools like online dating sites.
Meet Singles Based on Your Interests with Online Dating
In a lot of ways (most in fact) blending cultures and interests is wonderful, but not being able to find singles with your base likes and needs is super frustrating. Luckily, you can skip all that turmoil when you utilize online dating.
Online dating sites have evolved a lot in the last decade. For a while, online dating was an activity people liked to hide. There were running jokes in shows and movies about “online girlfriends” or “online boyfriends,” and how they were definitely scammers or weirdos. It has left a negative stigma on online dating that simply isn’t fair.
When you use good dating sites, like the great ones on our list of the best dating sites in Oklahoma City, you are opening yourself up to a world of amazing, compatible singles that are as interested in long term commitment and romance as you. Great dating sites utilize security features, attentive moderation teams, and constantly upgraded amenities to make the dating process as simple as possible.
When you online date with one of the sites on our list, you will be diving into a digital world where all the singles in your area are simple to find. Then, you can narrow down your search by filters regarding physical attributes, hobbies, personality traits, and more. The end result is a short list of singles that have a high chance of being the perfect person for you!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#5||The League||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Oklahoma City
- Coyote Ugly Saloon – The Coyote Ugly Saloon is called the most famous bar in the world, and it probably is thanks to the amazing movie based on the bar owner’s story. This is a bar with lots of loud music, people, and fun. If you are looking for a bar with a high probability of meeting singles in bulk, The Coyote Ugly Saloon is it.
- The Bunker Club – The Bunker Club is one of the most interesting bars in OKC. The owner says the bar is an ode to art, historical propaganda, and a time many of us never lived to see. All we know is The Bunker Club is a fun and friendly bar with lots of built in talking points.
- Whiskey Chicks – Whiskey Chicks is a great bar for meeting singles that love music (especially rock music). This bar is a common hang out for those before and after attending concerts in Bricktown. The bar even hosts bands in house from time to time. If you want to meet singles who love music, definitely try out Whiskey Chicks.
- PonyBoy – If you are looking for a bar with a dance club feel, then don’t pass up the dance floor at PonyBoy! PonyBoy is a top choice for meeting singles while also being entertained by an ever changing circuit of performances!
- 51st Street Speakeasy – The 51st Street Speakeasy is one of the swaggiest bars in all of bricktown. The old-school appeal creates a romantic atmosphere that is perfect for creating a spark between singles. If you enjoy a more laid back bar environment, check out the 51st Street Speakeasy!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Oklahoma City
Bars not your scene? Check out some of these annual events that make great meeting places for singles:
An Affair of The Heart
An Affair of The Heart is one of the largest craft shows in the Southwest, featuring over 500 exhibitors from more than 30 states. This is a great place to not only find unique items for your home and wardrobe, but also to find OKC locals. We love the idea of meeting singles at a craft fair because every table and every display will contain a unique set of items you can utilize to break the ice with strangers.
See someone admiring an item you really like? You can go right over and start up a conversation about it without it being awkward! This event shows up in OKC three times a year and runs three days each time, so keep your eyes open for the next one.
DeadCenter Film Festival
DeadCenter is a well known film festival not just in Oklahoma, but worldwide. In fact, it has been called one of the top 20 most interesting film festivals in the world. The festival features short films and documentaries from a variety of genres for your viewing pleasure. You may even run into a few celebrities at this event.
If you are a movie buff, you are sure to find compatible singles at this event. The festival usually runs for about 10 days in June, so mark your calendars!
Oklahoma State Fair
The Oklahoma State Fair is one of the biggest OKC events of the year. The fair is full of vendors, rides, displays, and activities, but it is particularly fun for those in the farming and agriculture world. That’s because this fair has some of the biggest showings of agricultural excellence in the Southwest, not just the state.
If you are looking for a partner that is okay with getting a little dirty and sweaty on the back 40, we highly recommend searching in the agricultural area of the OK state fair! The fair usually runs for 10 days in the month of September.
Festival of The Arts
The Festival of The Arts is a celebration of all things art. This means culinary arts, performing arts, and visual arts. At this outdoor festival you will see performances and pieces ranging in media and intent, but all with the same goal – to bring the artistry of Oklahoma natives into the public light.
If you are a bit of an art buff, this festival is a phenomenal place to meet singles! The festival runs for 5 days in June, so check the OKC tourism site for the next festival’s dates.
Oklahoma Regatta Festival
The OK Regatta Festival is one of the 5 largest regatta fests in the entire nation, so if you are a boating enthusiast, you don’t want to miss it! Either show up with a team, prepared to race, or just come to enjoy the show and eat some delicious food from local vendors.
This is a wonderful place to meet singles around Bricktown without dealing with the crippling summer Oklahoma heat (The festival is in October)!