When it comes to dating, you know Memphis is filled with amazing, attractive, and interesting singles. Of course, you have to know where to find them.
One of the biggest issues facing Memphis singles is that the town is so full of places targeting tourists that there seem to be no places for locals to hang out. It can be frustrating to spend your precious time making connections with people only to discover they are from hundreds, even thousands, of miles away.
So, where do you go to meet actual local singles in Memphis?
Well, there are a few factors to consider when finding the perfect location:
- What is the local to tourist ratio of patrons?
- Is the establishment located in an area with high crime?
- Are products and services considered affordable?
- Are the patrons of the establishment made up of mostly singles?
- Is the environment conducive to meeting people and making connections?
After scouring through everything Memphis has to offer, we’ve found the best bars, events, locations, and digital tools to help you improve your dating game! If you are tired of wasting your charm on tourists, check out this guide to the best places to meet singles in Memphis!
Meet New Singles Safely with Online Dating
Finding great locations to safely date in Memphis doesn’t have to be so difficult. You can always utilize online dating/ dating apps which offer everything you need to find the most compatible singles in the city!
There are some dating sites that are particularly great for Memphis singles, and they offer a multitude of amenities that can improve your dating experience. These include but are not limited to:
- Free trials to let you get a hang of the ropes.
- Bonus features like boosts, incognito mode, and more.
- Personality or algorithmic matching to improve the quality of your results.
- Conversational tools that keep your private contact info safe.
- Map-based searches to ensure your matches are in a specific location.
- Filtering based on a variety of things from religion and age to hobbies and appearance.
- Flexible usability on mobile devices for on-the-go usage.
If you are tired of missing out on the amazing singles in Memphis, try out online dating and get yourself out there like never before!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Memphis
- Silly Goose: This adorably named bar is a perfect place to meet singles in Memphis. Silly Goose is a popular local hangout that features delicious cocktails, wood fired pizzas, and an environment where meeting new people feels natural and easy.
- Silky O’Sullivan’s: Silky O’Sullivan’s has the laid back, hole in the wall vibe of a traditional Irish Pub while serving a full array of classic and modern drinks. It is a place where you can relax, dance, and even meet new friends.
- Mollie Fontaine Lounge: If you are looking for a bar with a little bit of vintage appeal, look no further than the Mollie Fontaine Lounge. If you have an artistic spirit, this is the perfect bar for finding compatible singles.
- Bar DKDC: Bar DKDC is a modern establishment with a general aesthetic that you might find in a place like NYC. It is a perfect hangout for young singles with new-age ideals and a passion for changing the world. If that sounds like you, you’ll definitely want to stop in!
- Tin Roof: Memphis is known for having great bars where live music and new friends can both be found. Of these traditional Memphis bars, Tin Roof is one of our favorites! From the delicious food and drinks to the jaw dropping live performances, Tin Roof has something for everyone.
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Memphis
After researching hundreds of establishments in Memphis, we have found some of the best places in the city to meet singles. These locations are interesting, safe, and tend to be filled with stunning and interesting local singles!
Indie Memphis Film Festival
Memphis’ annual Indie Films Festival is the perfect place to meet singles who love movies and creativity in general. Though the event does attract a few tourists, a huge number of locals show up each year to support indie screenwriters and directors as they debut their newest projects.
The event is five days long, but any day you choose to attend should be great for meeting interesting people. Passes can be a little pricey ($100 + for non-members), but the experience is one you will remember for a lifetime.
River Arts Fest
Another fantastic festival in Memphis is the River Arts Fest. This is another place where creatives can come together and mingle. The festival is a huge hit with locals, making it perfect for trying to look for love.
The two day event features artists, musicians, and some of the best food in Memphis. Tickets are only $10, making it an incredibly affordable place to try your hand at meeting new people!
Shops of Saddle Creek
We love open-air malls for meeting singles. You can target your search to shops that speak to your style and hobbies, making it easy to meet compatible people. Saddle Creek has a wonderful number of shops and is in a clean and safe location.
Even if you don’t find the perfect match, you’re likely to walk away with a few new purchases. Your time at Saddle Creek is always time well spent thanks to the variety of shops and huge number of locals to interact with.
The Beale Street Entertainment District is lined with clubs and bars all featuring live music, tons of locals, and a neverending list of things to do. If you are looking for the perfect place to “bar crawl,” Beale Street is it.
The area can become filled with tourists during certain times of the year, so we recommend avoiding big-name stops like the Hard Rock Café or Coyote Ugly Saloon. If you stick to the smaller bars that are popular with locals, you will have a much more enjoyable time!