Forgive us from sounding negative, but here’s some truth be told. There are a lot of things working against you when dating in Knoxville. From the wide blend of liberal and conservative values to the economic disparity among citizens, there are a lot of roadblocks when it comes to finding love.
After researching Knoxville’s dating scene, we’ve discovered that a major factor at play in finding compatible singles is the search location. If you only ever look for love in your immediate bubble (friends, coworkers, friends of family, etc.), then you are far less likely to find romantic success.
You have to expand your horizons.
We know you don’t want to waste your time with the trial and error of going to new places! That’s why we’ve put together this list of the absolute best places, events, and digital tools for finding singles in Knoxville!
Find Singles that Match Your Lifestyle with Online Dating
Knoxville has so many different personalities that finding dates through traditional means can often lead to disaster. There are only so many people in your social circle to date, plus dating inside your friend circle can be a big mistake.
So, what should you do?
We recommend utilizing amazing dating sites (Try these Knoxville dating sites that are perfect!) to narrow your search while simultaneously broadening your horizons.
There is someone out there for everyone and online dating can help them connect!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Here’s how it works!
- You use free trials to try out the best sites for you until you find a site you love.
- You create a full membership with the site of your choice to gain access to all available features.
- You utilize the site’s search filtering to specifically target singles that are compatible for you.
- The site will offer matches based on your search filters, personality questionnaire, or both.
- You can research the profiles provided to determine who matches your physical requirements.
- You can begin talking to interesting matches from the safety of the platform’s communication portal.
- You begin developing connections without having to ever leave your house.
There is simply no better, easier, or more fun way to meet singles.
5 Best Bars for Singles in Knoxville
- Sutree’s High Gravity Tavern: If you know anything about bars in Knoxville, it’s that you will get a wildly different experience depending on where you go. The experience you’ll get at Sutree’s? One filled with memories of the most unique beer you’ve ever tasted, fun times in an adult arcade, and exciting conversations with some of Knoxville’s most eligible singles!
- Peter Kern Library: There is no better place to have a memorable bar experience than at Knoxville’s only speakeasy, the Peter Kern Library. Located in the historic Kern Building, this bar has all the dark, sexy appeal of true speakeasies from the 1920s!
- Pour Taproom: Have you ever gone out for self-serve frozen yogurt and thought, man, I wish bars were like this? Well, someone did because that is exactly what you get at the Pour Taproom! Mingling around the self-serve taps is a great way to chat up singles with similar tastes!
- Scruffy City Hall: If you want to go to, hands-down, the most interesting bar in all of Knoxville, head to Scruffy City Hall! Only one of 12 bars in “Scruffy City,” Scruffy City Hall is as much an art piece as it is a bar. The unique environment is a perfect choice for meeting singles in Knoxville.
- The Back Door Tavern: The Back Door Tavern is known as Knoxville’s favorite dive bar. It is small, grungy in a good way, and filled with true locals. If you struggle to meet non-tourists while out in Knoxville, we recommend trying the Back Door Tavern!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Knoxville
If you are looking for places in the real world where you can meet Knoxville singles, we’ve got some suggestions for you! Each of these places are specifically picked to cater to a set of hobbies. This way, you can ensure the singles you meet have some basic level of compatibility with you!
Where to Meet Singles as a Book and Comic Lover
- Fanboy Expo: An annual event where comic book fans can get together to meet one another while enjoying signing, photo ops, celebrity panels, and much more!
- House of 1000 Comics: A wild Halloween-themed event that lovers of horror movies, books, and comics will all enjoy.
- McKay’s: A giant book store where bibliophiles can mingle, discuss their favorite authors, and make lasting connections.
Where to Meet Singles as a Sports and Outdoors Fan
- Local Sporting Event: There are hundreds of sporting events in Knoxville throughout the year. Whether you want to watch K2 Volleyball or go to an Ice Bears game, there are plenty of events all year long to keep you meeting sport-loving singles.
- Navitat Knoxville: Navitat is a perfect way to test your skills and meet other athletically inclined singles. It makes for a great day in the stunning Knoxville weather.
Where to Meet Singles as a Video Game and TableTop Gamer
- Token Game Tavern: This adult-focused arcade tavern is a perfect place to let your inner child out a bit and meet other classic-gaming enthusiasts.
- Board Game Days Knoxville: This event is a perfect place for tabletop enthusiasts to mingle, make new friends, and maybe a bit more!
Where to Meet Singles as a Music and Art Enthusiast
- Big Ears Festival: This yearly music festival is a non-profit event that brings together people of all cultures through the joys of music.
- Knoxville Museum of Art: The Knoxville Museum of Art is a perfect place for art enthusiasts to meet and discuss their passions.
Where to Meet Singles as a Single Parent
- Zoo Knoxville: A perfect place to entertain the kids while meeting other parents, Zoo Knoxville offers tons of exhibits and seasonal activities.
- Muse Knoxville: Muse is another spot where kids can enjoy some time of independent play while parents can mingle and get to know one another.