When we researched the 100 largest US cities to determine how they rank for singles, we expected Honolulu to be at the top of the list. After all, this is a city on a gorgeous Hawaiian Island, with accepting and loving locals, and tons of things to do.
So, imagine our surprise when Honolulu comes in at #86!
It turns out, the city is so incredibly expensive, that many singles simply can’t afford to constantly be out looking for love. Sure, there are lots of places to go and an average amount of local singles, but you could waste hundreds of dollars a month trying to find them.
Luckily, we know a few ways you can enhance your Honolulu dating experience without having to take out a second mortgage!
From inexpensive digital tools to free or low-cost local destinations, we’ve put together a guide of the best and most affordable places to meet singles in Honolulu!
Stop Wasting Time and Money by Trying Online Dating
Whether your dating concerns involve a lack of local singles, the cost of traditional dating, or just a general lack of enjoyment for the process, online dating can take your experience and mold it into something great!
There are some really great dating sites for Honolulu singles, and they can completely change your dating outlook.
These sites are packed with features and perks like:
- Free trials let you try before you buy!
- Tiered features let you pay what you can afford.
- Incognito mode to keep your dating life private and safe.
- Ice breakers, quizzes, or other fun ways to help get conversations started.
- You can slow down and think about what you want to say (shy people do really well with online dating)!
- You can get to know someone before you meet them in person.
- All communication is filtered through the site or app and your private info stays safe!
Online dating is no longer the butt of overused jokes in tv and film, it is now one of the most respected ways to meet a partner. The percentage of marriages created from online dating is consistently increasing each year, and if you give it a try you may become a part of those statistics some day!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Honolulu
- Barefoot Bar: The Barefoot Bar at the Kale Hoa Hotel embraces all the natural beauty and luxury of being in Honolulu. Dip your toes into the sand and enjoy delicious cocktails among some of the most beautiful and exciting singles on Ouahu’s South Side!
- The Leather Apron: If you prefer a bar that is more intimate and relaxed, then Leather Apron is the perfect venue for your evening. The sultry vibes in Leather Apron make it feel easy to strike up conversations and make connections.
- Suzie Wong’s Hideaway: Suzie Wong’s Hideaway is a little different from other bars on our list. This little dive is also a restaurant and overall a great place to hang out all night long. You can head to Suzie Wong’s for dinner and stick around into the evening to meet other bar goers and local singles.
- In Between Waikiki: In Between is the most popular gay bar in Waikiki and one of the top in all of Honolulu. If you are an LGBTQ single you don’t want to miss out on In Between’s karaoke nights, dessert bar, peep shows, and so much more!
- Haus Supper Club: This upscale eatery and bar is the perfect place to meet the most elite and professional singles in Honolulu. The high-end environment at Haus Supper Club attracts the best of the best, which you don’t want to miss!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Honolulu
Online dating is great, but many people like to supplement it with the occasional foray into traditional, real-world searches for singles. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best events and places to meet singles in Honolulu, tiered by cost. From free places to some of the most luxurious spots in town, there is something here for everyone!
Top Free/Low Cost Places to Meet Singles in Honolulu $
- Waikiki Beach – If you are looking for a place to meet local singles without spending anything, then our top suggestion is Waikiki Beach. This gorgeous location is perfect for catching some sun, dipping your toes in the water, and striking up conversations.
- Ala Moana Center – While you could spend money at this open air shopping center, it is also a nice place to wander around and enjoy the company of other Honolulu locals. You could spend an enjoyable day at Ala Moana Center and never spend a dime.
- Monoa Falls – Another outdoors location with a non-existent price tag is Manoa Falls. This is a great spot to meet locals because it is often less sought out by tourists than the beaches or lighthouse trails.
Top Mid Cost Places to Meet Singles in Honolulu $$
- Honolulu Museum of Art – If you enjoy art and history, this is a great and inexpensive place to look for singles. Admission is only $20 or you can spend $25 on a reservation to tour Shangri La and admission to the museum is included.
- Ke Kani O Ke Kai – This annual concert held by the Honolulu Aquarium is a great stop for music lovers. Tickets to a single of the 5 concerts is only $45 and you can also explore the aquarium grounds during your ticketed slot.
- Kumu Kahua Theater – Performing art lovers will love the Kumu Kahua Theater. This performing arts staple is known for creating unique seating arrangements to make each show feel intimate. Pricing can vary from free tickets up to around $50.
Top High End Places to Meet Singles in Honolulu $$$
- Oahu Swim Tours – Oahu’s guided swim tours may seem like a tourist-only activity, but it is often filled with locals looking to interact with sea turtles and dolphins. Tickets are upwards of $100.
- NextDoor – This popular Honolulu night club is set up in a warehouse style building and boasts DJs and a full bar. It is a fun place to meet singles, but can add up in cost pretty quickly!
- Poke a Stick Lava Tours – This is another tour that is as popular with locals as it is tourists. You can be led on a guided tour of a volcano and interact safely with actual lava. All with a price tag of $115 per person. At that price, you will want to chat up all the singles on the tour as well to get your money’s worth!