Dating in Corpus Christi is a mess. The city is expensive, culturally homogenous, and, frankly, a bit dangerous. Now, we don’t mean to disparage Corpus Christi because the city is gorgeous and has a ton to offer. But, overcoming the difficulties in dating requires acknowledging where the difficulties lie.
Many people simply can’t afford to constantly go out hoping to meet singles. In certain neighborhoods people don’t feel safe being out late at night. Others simply can’t find the time to meet singles as they are busy working to afford living in such a pricey town.
No matter the reason you find dating difficult, we have some ways to help you improve your dating game.
Stay Safe and Save Money with Online Dating
Online Dating was practically made for singles in Corpus Christi! These apps and websites help you to find singles on your time, which means no more stressing over finding downtime to head to clubs or bars. Plus, signing up can usually be done in 10 minutes or less.
Not only does online dating save you time, but the cost of most dating sites is considerably less than even a single weekend out in Corpus Christi.
The time and money saving is all great, but where online dating really shines is in the safety realm.
Many people hear stories about online dates going wrong (often in the infancy of online dating) and assume it is dangerous. The truth is, online dating is as safe as you make it. When you use the most reputable dating sites for Corpus Christ singles , you already know you are using a site that has great moderation and security features.
These great sites help you avoid catfish and scammers, which means staying safe just comes down to using a little sense when meeting dates in real life. It’s the same safety tips you should use for any first date, no matter where you meet your partner:
- Meet in a public place.
- Let someone you trust know where you are.
- Take separate vehicles.
- Leave the date if anything feels off.
So, online dating is convenient, inexpensive, and safe. That’s enough to make most people want to try it, but there is another advantage to online dating that we’ve yet to mention – you can narrow your search field down and only see singles that actually work for you. In fact, many of the dating sites we love match you to people based on your personality! This means you don’t need to waste your time talking to someone with completely different standards and cultural values than you. It truly is the simplest and most effective way to date!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Corpus Christi
- Hidden Door: Hidden Door is one of the oldest LGBTQ bars in Texas and is definitely the oldest in Corpus Christi. This bar has a wildly fun and friendly environment and is a perfect place for queer singles to meet. But if you are heterosexual, you are also welcome! Everyone has a great time at The Hidden Door!
- Flocking Around: If you want a bar where singles come out in numbers, then Flocking Around is for you. It’s right in the name! This bar is a place where friend groups come together and have a great time. This makes it a place where singles tend to be and where you have a great chance at meeting one that interests you!
- Rockit’s: Rockit’s is a fun place to meet singles. It is a little bit retro, a little bit weird, and a whole lot of fun. The vibe is a mix of modern and laid back, which creates a great environment for mingling and meeting new people. Plus, there are tons of great drinks and delicious varieties of whiskey for you to try.
- Bar Under The Sun: If you enjoy a beachy vibe without crossing the line into Tiki, then Bar Under The Sun is perfect for you. With outdoor seating, food trucks, and live music, this bar offers every ingredient to a successful night of meeting new people! The Downtown location makes Bar Under The Sun a gathering place for locals, so you don’t want to pass this one up.
- Brewster Street: The Brewster Street Ice House has a more industrial vibe than the other bars on our list, but we love the grungy, rock and roll atmosphere. If you love a bar with great live music and a hole in the wall aesthetic, then Brewster Street is a great choice for you. The communal seating means meeting new people happens naturally and there is always something happening, which makes breaking the ice easier!
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Corpus Christi
If you are looking for some unique places or events in Corpus Christi where you can meet great singles, look no further. We have found some of the best places to meet singles and there is something for everyone!
Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History
The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History is a great place to mingle when you enjoy the two subjects at hand. But did you know that this is a perfect place to meet single parents? If you are a single parent looking for a partner who understands, family fun places like the Museum of Science and History are exactly where you should look!
South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center
If you have a passion for nature and gardens, then try meeting singles at the South Texas Botanical Gardens & Nature Center! Not only will you get to spend the day enjoying yourself and embracing your passion, you might just meet the perfect person for you. If you are an animal lover, we recommend stopping in during animal encounters to meet similarly passionate singles!
Heritage Park Market Days
If you are tired of accidentally falling for tourists, consider meeting singles at Heritage Park Market Days. People come out in the hundreds to shop from talented locals. Whether you have a spark with a fellow shopper or a vendor, this is the best place to meet local singles in Corpus Christi!
Concerts on Sunset Island
Sunset Island hosts outdoor concerts throughout the year, but especially in the spring and summer. If you love music, these concerts are perfect events for you to meet interesting singles. Check out the concert calendar on Sunset Island’s website so you can pick events that match your music taste!
Baseball Games at Whataburger Field
Hometown baseball games are a great place to meet singles who love sports as much as you do. While there are fans of all kinds of sports in Corpus Christi (I mean, can you even live in Texas if you don’t love football?) but baseball is a huge deal for most locals. Head to a game, grab a beer and a hotdog, and strike up conversation with all the Hooks fans you could ever want!