Baltimore is a town that is often lauded for its rich history, stunning views, delicious seafood, and booming industry. However, there is one area where Baltimore consistently scores very poorly – the dating scene.
Maybe it’s the high cost of living or the income disparity among neighborhoods, but singles in Baltimore do not speak kindly of the local dating outlook.
While our own research supports that Baltimore isn’t the greatest big city for singles (not even in the top 70), we know that you can easily improve your dating game by focusing your search to the best places to meet singles in the city.
If you are struggling to find compatible singles in the area, this is the guide for you!
Overcome any Dating Terrain with Online Dating
If you’ve been looking into online dating in Baltimore, you may have found a study from 2020 that shows that Baltimore is one of the riskiest cities for online dating. The study goes on to discuss occurrences of fraud and transmission of STDs.
While the research discussed is accurate, it turns out the statistics come from looking at fast dating sites like Tinder and Grindr. These types of sites are meant for people looking for short term romances to match with people based exclusively on looks and availability. It is a formula that leads to disaster!
What we are suggesting is that you use a Maryland dating app built for you. These sites are for those wanting to find long-term, fulfilling romances with partners they can relate to. Compatibility is the name of the game and these dating sites use that as a foundation for building long-lasting relationships.
If you are tired of dealing with meaningless flings and expensive first dates that go nowhere, consider switching to a dating site that can help you find real love on your time.
4 Best Bars for Singles in Baltimore
- Illusions Bar and Theater : Sometimes, the best bars for meeting singles are those that have more to offer than just affordable drinks. Illusions is a great example! This bar and theater is a celebration of magic and illusions, all performed right before your eyes. If you need something to help break the ice with strangers, you need just look around at Illusions!
- The Bluebird : The Bluebird is one of the most modern bars on our list. They offer delicious cocktails and a stunning environment to relax and meet singles. During warmer months there is even patio seating available!
- The Rockwell : If you want a bar that celebrates live music and unforgettable nights, then you want The Rockwell. It may be a little louder than other bars on our list, but no other bar provides a better environment for meeting singles who love to have a good time.
- W.C. Harlan : Considered an under the radar watering hole, W.C. Harlan is a local favorite. If you want an old-school bar environment where everyone seems to know each other and the bartender always has a smile on their face, W.C Harlan is the bar for you.
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Baltimore
When it comes to meeting singles the old fashioned way, you want to make sure you are looking in places that facilitate meeting people with compatible interests. Take a look through our guide to find the best places to meet singles based on your hobbies!
Top 3 Places for Sports Fans
- Catch a Raven’s Game: This is the obvious first suggestion for Baltimore sports fans! Whether you catch a home game during the season or check out an offseason event at the M&T Bank Stadium, you are sure to meet other football loving singles.
- CIAA Tournament: Basketball fans don’t want to miss out on the The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association basketball tournament held in Baltimore. It is a great way to celebrate collegiate athletes and meet compatible singles.
- Camden Yards: Another great Baltimore team, the Orioles, can provide you with a relaxing day of watching baseball and meeting other sports fans. The stadium even has off season events worth checking out!
Top 3 Places for Music Lovers
- Rams Head Live: This intimate music venue is a great place to meet fellow music lovers. The smaller setting makes it easier to strike up conversations. At large venues the people you meet often get lost in the crowd, not at Rams Head!
- Eubie Blake National Jazz and Cultural Center: Whether you are there to see a show, participate in a program, or see a historical gallery of Jazz, this is the perfect place to meet other music lovers. Don’t forget to check out Eubie Live! on the fourth floor of the center!
- Moonrise: If you are more of a dancehall/ electronic music enthusiast, then don’t miss out on Moonrise. This annual electronic music festival is a great event for unwinding and meeting compatible Baltimore singles.
Top 3 Places for Art Enthusiasts
- Arts District Mural Tour: A perfect way to get a little exercise, see urban art in the city, and meet singles who appreciate their craftsmanship as much as you.
- The Walters Art Museum: This is the perfect place to meet art enthusiasts because of the wide span of artistic eras displayed. You will meet art lovers of all kinds at the Walters Art Museum.
- Independent Art Galleries: There are dozens of independent art galleries in Baltimore and they make a great place to meet singles. We love indie galleries because you are supporting local artists and meeting others who do the same.
Top 3 Places for Single Parents
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum: Just because you are spending time with your kids doesn’t mean you can’t find love. When you are taking your little ones out for a fun time at the Port Discovery Children’s Museum, you can chat up other single parents and make real connections.
- The Maryland Zoo: The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is 135+ acres of family fun. When you aren’t getting great videos of your kids feeding animals and having close up encounters, you could be visiting with other parents in the park.
- Maryland Science Center: Another great place to find other parents is the Maryland Science Center. We especially love this option because you may not meet another single parent, but could meet one of the many single volunteers or curators at the center.
Top 3 Places for Lovers of Reading and Learning
- Baltimore Museum of Industry: This one of a kind museum focuses on the industrial history of Baltimore. It is a perfect place to meet other singles with a passion for knowledge and the amazing city in which you live.
- Evergreen Museum and Library: This is a perfect place for bookworms, gardeners, or general lovers of knowledge to meet one another. The place is so stunning, you may come back someday to have a stunning wedding.
- Wicked History Pub Tour: This is a great way to meet other history buffs in Baltimore while also enjoying an evening of delicious drinks and learning interesting facts about the city.