Augusta, Georgia, sometimes referred to as the Golf Capital of Georgia, is a flummoxing place to be single. It all comes down to the difficulty in finding singles in the right age range.
Younger singles look around at the old-school culture and golfing tourism and feel they aren’t catered to.
Older singles look at the dozens of night clubs and modern eateries and feel the same.
So, how can each age group of singles find their perfect match in a city in which they feel outnumbered? Simple! They just need to know where to look.
We’ve put together a list of the best places to meet singles in Augusta along with some information on how digital tools can enhance your dating experience.
Ready to get out of your single slump? Read on and get on track to find love in Augusta, today!
Find Singles your Own Age with Online Dating
When it comes to dating struggles, online dating is the tool that keeps on giving! Whether you live in a dinky little farming town or a city so large you simply can’t meet everyone, online dating can help you.
It is a tool that accumulates all the people you are looking for and presents them to you without you ever needing to leave your home. We simply can’t praise it enough!
Of course, you will want to be using reputable dating sites that actually work for singles in Augusta! Avoiding scam sites and hookup venues is important for finding compatible and emotionally available singles.
Here are some tips to help you avoid scams on dating sites:
- Use the sites we have deeply researched and vetted.
- Utilize free trials and base level memberships to get to know a site before spending money.
- Check the Trust Pilot rating of the dating site you are planning to use.
- Check out the app reviews for the site/app on your mobile device.
- Look into the site’s features to see if they utilize user verification (this is used to avoid fake accounts and scammers).
When you feel that you’ve picked a good, reputable site (feel free to refer to our researched list), it is time to take advantage of everything the site has to offer. You can narrow your search by location, age, religious affiliation, political views, physical traits, and sometimes even hobbies! It is the fastest and most effective way to narrow your dating pool down to the singles who can actually make you happy in the long run!
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#6||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#7||Catholic Match||Free Trial|
5 Best Bars for Singles in Augusta
- The Indian Queen: This bar is relatively young, but has quickly gained a regular customer base in Augusta. The Indian Queen is known for the laid back and relaxed atmosphere, amazing drinks, and friendly environment. A perfect combination for meeting singles.
- Ikonz Event Center: This is one of the most unique places in all of Augusta. The Ikonz Event Center is often host to amazing events, but also offers a traditional bar/ nightclub experience. There is even a member’s only cigar club in the adjoining building. If you are looking for a well-rounded night of drinking, Ikonz Event Center can offer it.
- Hideout: Hideout is Augusta’s favorite little watering hole. It is exactly what you’d expect out of a good, southern bar – friendly staff, sudsy beer, and raucous laughter among the patrons. If you want to meet new people in Augusta, Hideout is a perfect place to go.
- Bar West: Where hideout and Indian Queen lean hard into a laid back bar environment, Bar West takes your bar experience and turns it into a sophisticated night out. From the craft cocktails to the modern decor, mature singles will adore what Bar West has to offer.
- Studio Neighborhood Bar: Another local favorite, Studio Neighborhood Bar is a perfect venue for those looking for a live-music bar. The location is perfect for meeting music-loving Augusta singles of all ages (ages over 21 that is). If you want something a little less formal and a lot more fun, head to Studio Neighborhood Bar.
Unique Events and Places to Meet Singles in Augusta
Meeting singles in Augusta isn’t terribly hard, but finding singles in the age range that works for you can be surprisingly difficult. That’s why we’ve rounded up some of the best events and places to meet singles in Augusta, broken down by age range. No matter how old you are or what you are looking for, there is a place on this list that will work for you!
Best Places to Meet Singles 18-25
- Augusta Mall: Malls are a perfect place to meet singles, especially those under the age of 30. You can narrow your search to stores that interest you and it is easy to keep costs low.
- PDGA International Disc Golf Center: Though Disc Golf has been around since the 1970’s, the sport is still loved by younger athletes. Perhaps it is the prevalence of courses on college campuses or the inexpensive entry cost, but participating in disc golf events and heading to the PDGA are great options for meeting young singles in Augusta.
- Augusta Commons: The Augusta Commons are often home to free events like concerts, art exhibits, dog gatherings, and more. These are perfect places to meet singles on a tight budget and in a narrow demographic.
Best Places to Meet Singles 26-45
- Imperial Theater: If you love performing arts and Augusta history, then you can combine those passions by attending shows at the Imperial Theater. It is a wonderful place to meet singles and enjoy some of the best talent August has to offer.
- The Augusta Market at The River: At a certain age, meeting singles isn’t about attending nightclubs or concerts, it becomes about not wasting hundreds of dollars and letting things happen naturally. If you are looking for a real meet-cute, spend some time shopping at the Augusta Market at the River!
- Dupont Planetarium: 26-45 is the most common age range for single parents, which is why we’ve included a great place to meet other single parents! The Dupont Planetarium is perfect for entertaining your kids while giving you a chance to casually mingle.
Best Places to Meet Singles 46+
- Sacred Heart Cultural Center: As we get older, it is easier to appreciate quiet and interesting locations like the Sacred Heart Cultural Center. Their general demographic skews a bit older, making it a perfect place to meet other cultured and interesting singles.
- Bartram Trail Golf Club: If you are one of the thousands of golf lovers in Augusta, then we recommend joining the Bartram Trail Golf Club. This is a great place to spend your days enjoying your favorite sport while meeting amazing singles with similar tastes.
- Cold Creek Nursery: Are you a lover of plants and gardening? You will enjoy seeing the stunning Cold Creek Nursery and meeting other singles. You may come home with a great new plant for your collection or a few phone numbers!