By: Jason Lee
Your online dating profile is the key to whether or not you’re going to have success finding what you’re looking for. No matter if you’re looking for love, marriage, casual dating, or just friendship—a great online dating profile decides your level of success.
One of the best ways to craft a witty online dating profile that truly showcases who you are is by seeing successful examples. In this guide, we’re going to load you up with plenty of the best dating profile examples out there for every section of your profile, including the Headline, About Me, What You’re Looking For, and more!
Before we jump into the examples, here are a few other resources and FAQs that will help when you’re writing your dating profile.
The Guide to Writing the Perfect Online Dating Profile
This guide is actually the second part of a complete guide to writing the perfect online dating profile. In that guide, we break down literally everything you could ever want to know about crafting the perfect dating profile.
What we highly recommend you do is click the link above to the first guide and start there. Don’t worry, it opens in a new tab, so you’ll have this open as well. As you work through that guide, these examples can help you understand exactly how to write an amazing and witty dating profile! Oh, and that guide is completely free too!
> See “How to Write the Perfect Dating Profile” Guide Now
Are These Good Online Dating Profile Examples to Copy?
This is always a popular and interesting question. Yes, these are great online dating profile examples. Should you copy them word for word? Probably not. A great online dating profile is one that showcases you and what uniquely makes you—you. If you just cut and paste, you won’t achieve that goal.
That being said, you can certainly use these to copy and make some tweaks to make it unique to you! It’s totally fine if your profile looks fairly similar to these dating profile examples. Not everyone is a writer, which shouldn’t hold you back from finding love.
Can I Use the Same Info on Different Online Dating Apps?
Yes! There’s no rule that you have to use different information on different dating apps. At the end of the day, you’re the same you on every site! The only caveat to this is that you may want to make some slight adjustments if an online dating app is targeting something different. Other than that, though, you can 100% use the exact, word-for-word dating profile on multiple dating apps.
This brings up a second question on whether or not you should be using multiple online dating apps to find what you’re looking for. Absolutely! The more lines you can get in the water, the better your chances of finding exactly what you’re looking for. Here are a few of our favorite online dating apps that you can use to expand your search for that special someone.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||The League||Free Trial|
|#4||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Table of Contents:
- Dating Profile Headline Examples
- Dating Profile About Me Examples
- What NOT to Put Into Your Dating Profile
Dating Profile Headline Examples
Again, if you want to find the easiest way to write a perfect dating profile headline, check out our complete guide on how to write an online dating profile (it’s free), where we have a formula for knocking the headline out of the park!
The only goal of your dating profile headline is to get enough interest for the man or woman to click on your profile to read more. A lot of people tend to overthink it. If it gets the clicks to your profile (from the right people), it’s a winner.
Here are some great online dating profile headline examples.
- Music Lover Looking to Write the Next Verse
- Me + You +… JK, You Don’t Have to Do Any Math to Send Me a Message!
- Gamer Chick Hitting Restart and Looking for a High Score in Co-Op Mode
- Country Girl Who Loves to Get Down on the Farm
- Fitness Lover Looking to Find My Swole Mate
- Tired of Online Dating? Let’s Be Each Other’s Reason for Signing Off
- World Traveler Looking for a Lady Who Likes to Explore
- Math Nerd Looking for Someone to Add to My Life and Multiply the Fun
- Life is Great, But Maybe It Can Be Better With You?
- Hopeless Romantic? Nope. HOPEFUL Romantic Positively Searching for My Match!
- We’ll Never Know If We’re a Great Match Unless You Click that Message Me Button
- Fun and Adventurous Guy: Take a Chance and Send Me a Message!
- Art-Loving Women: Let’s Paint a Picture of Life Together
- Book Worm Looking to Write the Next Chapter
- Movie Lover Looking for My Co-Star for a Real Life Romantic Comedy
- Man Who Loves the Outdoors and Hiking: Let’s Build a Path Together
- Fun and Quirky Lady Who Can Definitely Promise You Laughs
- Proud Dog Mom Looking for a Partner In Crime
- Casting Call for Movie Buffs! Send Me Your Favorite Movie Quote
- You Can’t Spell ‘Online Dating’ Without a Bunch of Different Letters
- Quirky Women Looking for the Mashed to My Potatoes
- Accomplished Man Who’s More Fun Than a 200 Foot Water Slide
Where can you use these dating site headlines? Anywhere. They’re great for any app, as long as you have the room to fit them in. You can use them as POF headlines, Match.com headlines, or with any of the best dating apps out there.
Dating Profile About Me Examples
Your dating profile about me section should do three things:
- Introduce yourself
- Tell a little bit about what you do and like to do
- Briefly talk about what you’re looking for
You don’t have to give every single detail of your life or give a massive checklist for what you need. As you’ll see in these dating profile about me examples, they’re simple, short, sweet, and straight to the point. The idea is just to arouse enough interest for someone to send you a message or a flirt to start the conversation where you can get to know each other better.
Here are some great About Me dating profile examples.
Hi! My name is Mark, and I am brand new to online dating. While I’m still figuring this all out, here’s something I know for sure—I’m excited to be here! The chance to meet unique, engaging, and interesting women is pretty dang neat. If you think you might fit that mold, drop me a message.
I work in the finance industry. And while I like to work hard, I make sure to leave time to enjoy life. I’m a fan of wine, movies, hiking, and getting out of town for the weekend. Let’s chat and see if maybe we’re a good fit!
Isn’t online dating a blast? Okay, maybe it can be challenging at times, but it’s still exciting that you have the chance to meet someone special who you might have never met elsewhere.
My name’s Sarah! I’m a proud dog mom, an avid gym-goer, and, if you ask my friends, a bit quirky at times. I’m looking for a man who compliments my life and is ready to enjoy all that this world has to bring to the table. If you think we might be a good match, send me a message.
My name is Beth and if I had to pick three words to describe me they would be positive, a little shy, and someone who loves to laugh. Okay, that was a few more than three words, but it’s fun to break the rules from time to time, right?
I’m new to online dating, but I know what I’m looking for in a man. My Christian faith is important to me, so I want to find a man who feels the same way. Additionally, I’m really into movies, so a guy who likes to cuddle up on the couch instead of going out on a Friday night is the right match for me.
If you think maybe we could be right for each other, send me a message! I’m kind of shy, but if you reach out, I come out of my shell.
Hi, I’m Ted! Thanks for stopping by my online dating profile. I’m not the best at describing myself, so I reached out to a few friends and asked them to tell me what I’m like so I could share that with you. Here’s what they had to say.
- Ted is driven, goal-oriented, and goes after what he wants in life.
- Ted is a real catch. He’s caring, dependable, and someone who could really be your rock.
If you want to see if my friends are right or they’re just telling me what I want to hear (kidding), we should chat! Send me a message and let’s start the conversation..
Do these about me examples work for short bio examples too?
Yes! Even if the section isn’t explicitly called “About Me,” these descriptions of who who are work as a fantastic dating profile template. As long as the section is a spot for you to talk about who you are and what you’re looking for, these short dating profile examples will work well.
Things NOT to Put In Your Online Dating Profile: Bad Examples
Writing the best online dating profile is as much about what you put in your profile as it is about what you choose to leave out. Here are a few things you should never include in your online dating profile. Some of these things should be omitted for safety reasons, some because they aren’t helpful, and some because they’re so overdone.
- Never include personally identifiable information. You can share contact information or specific information about things like where you work or where you live after you start a conversation and get to know someone. But you don’t want those things shared with everyone on an online dating site.
- Don’t talk about how you hate talking about yourself. EVERYONE and their mother mention how awkward online dating is and how much they hate talking about themselves in their profile. If it weren’t so overused, it would be something nice to add to your profile. But for the sake of success, leave it out. The only instance where you might be able to hint at it is if you do something like we showed in About Me Example 4 where you get quotes from friends.
- Don’t talk about your exes. Here’s an example of a terrible online dating profile. All this does is signal to good men or women that you may have past issues you haven’t worked through yet.
- Hi, I’m Shelly and I am looking for a real man. My ex was a piece of garbage and didn’t know how to treat me right. He used to say mean things to me and never respected me. If you are different than that, hit me up, but not if you’re a piece of garbage like he was.
The Goal of Your Dating Profile Sections
As you can see in these dating profile examples, everything is fairly short and simple. Here’s why. The goal is not to tell someone everything about you or everything you’re looking for. The goal is to get to the conversation part of the process where you can start to get to know each other.
- The goal of the dating profile headline is to get them to click on your profile to read your About Me section.
- Once you get them to your About Me section, the only goal is to get them interested and informed enough to send you a message.
- From there, it’s just a conversation to start to see if they’re someone you might be interested in getting to know more 🙂
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.