The Lone Star State doesn’t need to be the lonely star state if you’re someone looking for love. In a state with over 28 million people, there are definitely plenty of high-quality Texas singles ready to get to know you. In this guide, our experts break down helpful data on the singles community, a list of the best Texas dating sites, and provide several great resources to get you started on your love search today.
The Best Dating Sites in Texas
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Key Takeaways About Dating in the State of Texas
- Arlington ranks as the 9th best city for singles in the entire United States.
- Laredo barely missed last place in the same study coming in at 87th.
- Access to online dating in Texas is high with 89.2% of households in the state having internet access.
- San Antonio had the highest levels of search traffic for online dating over the past 12 months.
How Dating Stacks Up in Specific Cities in Texas
Did you know that a record-breaking 12 cities in the state of Texas made the top 100 in our list of the best cities for singles in the U.S.? Well, if you didn’t, you know now! What’s wild is that only one city made the top 10 and the rest are scattered throughout the listings. Here’s a quick look at the cities that made it and the cities that are trailing.
The study looked at each of the top 100 cities in the nation over 36 different data points. Each city received a score in three categories that make up the overall score and ranking:
- Dating Pool Score – This metric looked to capture the quality of the dating pool in each city. Examples of factors included are % of the population that are single, diversity of males vs. females, Google search trends for dating in the area, and the % of high school graduates in the city.
- Cost of Dating Score – This metric aims to see how expensive it is to date in each city. Examples of included factors are cost of living index, average costs of dining out, movie tickets, cocktails, and gym memberships (to stay fit, of course).
- Dating Amenities Score – With this category, the study looked at the available amenities for dating in the area. Some example factors include total number of entertainment locations, crime statistics, food and bar locations, and the Park Score index.
Arlington Cracks the Top 10 (9th)
- 78th in Dating Pool Score
- 9th in Cost of Dating Score
- 4th in Dating Amenities Score
Dallas Ranks 39th Overall
- 49th in Dating Pool Score
- 47th in Cost of Dating Score
- 38th in Dating Amenities Score
- Dallas Singles
Fort Worth Just Misses the Top 40 (41st)
- 74th in Dating Pool Score
- 41st in Cost of Dating Score
- 22nd in Dating Amenities Score
- Fort Worth Singles
Austin, TX Clocks in at 46th
- 15th in Dating Pool Score
- 72nd in Cost of Dating Score
- 48th in Dating Amenities Score
- Austin Singles
Lubbock Comes in At 50th Overall
- 40th in Dating Pool Score
- 13th in Cost of Dating Score
- 88th in Dating Amenities Score
Plano, TX is Close Behind at 56th
- 79th in Dating Pool Score
- 53rd in Cost of Dating Score
- 18th in Dating Amenities Score
El Paso Ranks 58th
- 81st in Dating Pool Score
- 4th in Cost of Dating Score
- 75th in Dating Amenities Score
San Antonio Towards the Bottom at 64th
- 57th in Dating Pool Score
- 19th in Cost of Dating Score
- 84th in Dating Amenities Score
- San Antonio Singles
Houston, TX Slides in at 69th
- 55th in Dating Pool Score
- 40th in Cost of Dating Score
- 73rd in Dating Amenities Score
- Houston Singles
Irving, TX Falls to the Lower Quarter of Cities at 79th
- 87th in Dating Pool Score
- 48th in Cost of Dating Score
- 32nd in Dating Amenities Score
Corpus Christi In the Bottom 10 at 85th
- 77th in Dating Pool Score
- 35th in Cost of Dating Score
- 82nd in Dating Amenities Score
- Corpus Christi Singles
Laredo Barely Escapes Last Place at 87th Out of 90
- 86th in Dating Pool Score
- 58th in Cost of Dating Score
- 78th in Dating Amenities Score
The full study on the Best U.S. Cities for Singles can be found here.
What Texas Cities Are the Most Interested in Online Dating?
A really cool way to look at the online dating picture in the state of Texas is to find out which cities show the most interest. Even though there are thousands of singles in every city in TX, this is a neat way to get some insight into the single’s scene. What our team did was pull the Google Trends data for the last 12 months for all cities in the state to see which metropolitan areas had the highest search traffic for online dating. Here are the results.
- San Antonio TX – (100)
- Tyler-Longview(Lufkin & Nacogdoches) TX – (96)
- Houston TX – (84)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth TX – (79)
- Waco-Temple-Bryan TX – (77)
- Austin TX – (73)
- Corpus Christi TX – (64)
- Harlingen-Weslaco-Brownsville-McAllen TX – (52)
- El Paso TX – (34)
- Shreveport LA – (27)
- Abilene-Sweetwater TX – (20)
San Antonio takes the top spot with the most search traffic in Texas for online dating over the last 12 months. Surprisingly, the Tyler-Longview metropolitan area was a very close second with 96% of the level of traffic seen in San Antonio. The final spot on the podium goes to Houston, with Dallas-Ft. Worth, Waco, and Austin close behind.
Texas Singles – Dating Statistics
We tend to believe that the cliché “knowing is half the battle” is actually quite correct. Before you can start your search for Texas singles, it’s probably wise to get to know what you’re getting into. In the next few sections, our team of dating researchers breaks down all of the important information you need to know. We’ll talk age, the number of singles, access to the internet, and a whole lot more!
Population in Texas by Gender
- 50% women in Texas
- 50% men in Texas
Overall Singles by Gender
- 50% of women in Texas are single
- 48% of men in Texas are single
Population in Texas by Age
- 14.3% aged from 20-29 years old
- 14.2% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13.0% aged from 40-49 years old
- 11.9% aged from 50-59 years old
- 18.0% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in TX
- 89.2% of households in Texas have internet access
What Makes These the Best Texas Dating Sites?
- Plenty of Texas singles in the major cities and outlying areas
- Affordable paid memberships that deliver a ton of value
- Easy to use mobile and desktop interfaces
- Flexibility in searching features so you can find exactly what you want
- Singles from all different age groups and walks of life
While bigger is better may be the motto in parts of Texas, it’s only part of the equation when we’re looking for the best Texas dating sites. Sure, we want to see a lot of quantity, but we also want to see quality. All of the best Texas dating sites have tons of singles, quality members who are active, and a management team that cares about you having success.
Whether you choose to use a free dating site or pay to upgrade, you should be getting quality service. Everything we have recommended here has been vetted, tested, and retested to ensure quality.
TX Dating Apps
Not only are these Texas dating sites great to use on your computer, but they also have great mobile apps as well. If you want to find love on the go, you’re covered whether you use Apple, Android, Google, Windows, or most any other provider out there. Finding love shouldn’t mean you have to stay home and can only connect from a desktop.
Best Free Trials for Dating Sites in Texas
The best thing about quality online dating sites is that you can usually give them a test drive for free. All of the Texas dating sites we’ve recommended here come with free trials. How do you get a free trial? Glad you asked! All you have to do is click the links below, and you will automatically be set up with a free trial. The best way to find the best dating site in Texas for you is to test drive it yourself!