Dating in North Carolina can be tough, but the fact you’re here with us today probably means you already know that! But never fear, we’re not here with just doom and gloom today; we’ve come with some hope. Thanks to the best dating sites in North Carolina, finding love, friends, marriage, or casual dating is easier than ever!
In this guide, our team breaks down several key resources for people looking to connect with North Carolina Singles. We’ll talk the best dating apps in NC, data on the singles scene, and link you to some additional resources that can help to turbocharge your search for love in the Tar Heel state.
The Best Dating Sites in North Carolina
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Why We Like These Dating Apps
The process of slicing and dicing the thousands of options out there in the online dating realm is an intense one—but it’s one we love. So, just how did we determine that these truly were the best of the best when it comes to dating apps in North Carolina?
Well, the full list of reasons is pretty extensive and one we’d need a lot more space to get through. Instead of trying to give you an exhaustive list, we decided it would be best to share a few of the top reasons we chose these as the best options.
Let’s look at those now!
- An impressive number of quality North Carolina singles from all around the state. This includes the major cities like Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro, but also the smaller more rural areas like Concord, High Point, Fayetteville, etc.
- Singles from the four states that border North Carolina (South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, and Tennessee). This is important for people who live close to the border in a state that is only 150 miles wide.
- An easy-to-use way to use the app or website on the go. In a state that borders the beach and has 41 beautiful state parks, you’re going to want to be able to keep up with your online dating life without being stuck inside with a desktop computer.
- The fun factor! – Okay, that might sound cheesy but it’s an important one. Yes, dating is an important and serious matter, but it’s also one that should be fun! The best North Carolina dating apps and sites understand this and have the right mix of keeping it real and keeping it real fun.
Additional Information In This Article:
Where is Online Dating Most Popular in North Carolina?
What a fun question, right? Ever wonder which cities in your state have the most interest in online dating? Heck, if it’s a city you live in or close by, that could mean an ever better shot at meeting that special lady or fella’ online.
The answer to the question lies in Google search traffic volumes. By looking at the major metro areas where online dating topics are searched the most, we can see which areas have the most interest.
The top 3 winners taking home a podium finish are Wilmington, Raleigh-Durham, and Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem!
Here’s the full breakdown of the results:
- Wilmington NC – (100)
- Greensboro-High Point-Winston Salem NC – (71)
- Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville) – (NC 68)
- Greenville-New Bern-Washington – (NC 52)
- Charlotte NC – (52)
- Florence-Myrtle Beach – (SC 9)
- Greenville-Spartanburg SC-Asheville NC-Anderson SC – (8)
- Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News VA – (2)
Why are their South Carolina cities on the list? Remember, the data is pulled by major metropolitan areas. Sometimes, parts of one city are connected in with a major metro that is technically in another state. We just wanted to point that out for full clarity.
North Carolina Singles Dating Statistics and Trends
The first step in finding love is knowing where to meet people. So far, we’ve shared some great options for dating sites in North Carolina to get you headed in the right direction.
But what waits out there for you? What’s the dating scene in North Carolina really like? Is there any data or important trends to know about that could help give you some insight and an advantage? To answer these questions, we want to share some great information about the scene in the state.
- There are slightly more females than males in the state of North Carolina (51% vs. 49%). Additionally, more women than men in the state are unmarried. If you’re someone interested in women, this is a small but sizeable advantage.
- Singles interested in dating someone in the military will be excited to hear that there are eight military bases in the state with Fort Bragg (just outside of Fayetteville) being the largest by far.
- The number of people over the age of 60 increased from 16% in recent years to 23% of the population recently. This means that anyone interested in senior dating sites or dating people seasoned in life will have A LOT more options.
- While this is purely anecdotal (but we believe it to be spot on), beach life is a pretty big trend along the coast, but it breaks into two groups. You have your Salt-life, surf-loving, living in flip-flops singles, and you have your upscale, loafers, sport coats, and big hat singles. Nothing wrong with either of these groups, but if you live by the beach and are looking to date, you may have to figure out which culture you click best with.
- North Carolina is the 10th most religious state in the country where 73% of the people in the state say they believe in God with absolute certainty. As you can imagine, this is going to have a pretty big impact on your dating life. This is a spot where online dating sites can really help you to ensure you’re talking with singles who share the same faith as you do (if that’s important). As a large percentage of that group is Christianity, Christian dating sites play a big role in North Carolina.
- Even if singles aren’t part of the religious majority, expect to see a lot of people who believe in southern hospitality and chivalry. This is less so in the major cities like Charlotte, but anywhere rural or smaller towns—stereotypical south does exist. We’re not saying this is a good or a bad thing, just something to be aware of.
Population in North Carolina by Gender
- 51% women in North Carolina
- 49% men in North Carolina
Overall Singles by Gender
- 50.1% of women in North Carolina are single
- 47.6% of men in North Carolina are single
Population in North Carolina by Age
- 13% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in NC
- 78.3% of households in North Carolina have internet access
5 Cities in NC Make the List of Best Cities for Singles
It’s impressive when one city in your state makes the list of the best cities for singles in a recent data study. But five? That’s beyond impressive. We almost need two hands to count them all! Here are the five cities that made the list and where they finished in the overall rankings. Feel free to click the above link to get more in-depth details about the results.
- 10th – Raleigh
- 25th – Greensboro
- 34th – Winston-Salem
- 38th – Charlotte
- 65th – Durham
The study did take into account the interest in online dating as one of the 36 different data points analyzed, which is why we feel this is certainly more relevant than just a “what city is best for singles” study that fails to include the shift towards online dating in a lot of communities in the US and more specifically in North Carolina.
Getting Started With Free Dating Sites in North Carolina
Want to take things out for a test drive before you commit? We totally get that! And thankfully, the best North Carolina dating sites get it too. Each of the options we’ve recommended comes with some form of a free trial—some more robust and some more limited than others. For most of them, you’ll be able to set up your profile, upload pictures, and really get a feel for how it all works. Some may even let you start searching singles and possibly even respond to messages!
To get started, head back to the top of this guide and select one (or more) of the options you want to try. It’ll take just a few minutes to get set up and check things out for yourself!