By: Jason Lee | Updated 2021
If you’re lost looking for love in the Big Apple, you’re not alone. In such a fast-paced city, expecting to find love at work, in a bar, or just randomly in the streets doesn’t cut it. But good news! We didn’t just show up with doom and gloom today. In this article, we’re going to show you the best dating apps for NYC singles with the most singles, the best technology, and the best proven success rates of helping New York City singles find love.
The Top 5 Best Dating Apps in NYC
- The League – Newest and trendiest dating app in NYC
- eHarmony – Best for serious relationships and marriage
- Elite Singles – Best for business professional dating
- It’s Just Lunch – Best for matchmaking services
- Zoosk – Best for affordable casual or serious dating
1. The League – Newest and trendiest dating app in NYC
NYC is a fast-paced city filled with single men and women who love class, success, and being up with the hottest trends. When it comes to the best dating apps in NYC, the top spot is reserved for The League. The League is an online dating app designed to cater to the successful who have it all together. It’s a no B.S., no games community filled with the highest quality singles in the city.
Oh, and did we mention there may be a wait list? The app is serious when it says it wants to help quality singles meet and date. If you’re ready to see the future of online dating in New York City, it’s time to give The League a go right now.
2. eHarmony – Best for Serious Relationships and Marriage
Just because you live in the fast-paced world of NYC doesn’t mean that you can’t have dreams of a happy marriage, family, and all the great things that come with that. If you’re a marriage-minded single or you’re just looking for something that could turn into something serious, eHarmony is hands-down the best option for you. This dating app boasts helping over 2 million people find love, and there is no reason they can’t make it 2 million plus two (we mean you and the person out there looking for you, by the way).
eHarmony is easily the number one dating app for singles in New York City. It’s not for you if you’re looking for casual fun, though.
3. Elite Singles – Best for Business Professional Dating
If there is one thing NYC isn’t short of, it’s smart, hard-working, and driven men and women. If you’re looking for singles that match that MO, you’re going to want to check out Elite Singles. While the name may come across a little pretentious, that’s certainly not the vibe on this app. The site boasts an impressive 80%+ people signed up having an above-average education.
Elite Singles easily makes our list of the best dating apps for NYC.
4. It’s Just Lunch – Best for Matchmaking Services
You only need to watch a movie about people in New York City to know that we’re busy. But heck, you live here! We don’t need to tell you that you’re busy. Chances are that’s why you’re reaching out to the internet for some assistance. If you’re looking for the ultimate in assistance (we mean literally getting someone else to do the work for you), you’ll want to check out It’s Just Lunch.
Full disclosure, this really isn’t an app—it’s a company. However, just because you don’t have to download something to your phone doesn’t mean they can’t help you find what you’re looking for. It’s Just Lunch is the premier matchmaking service for busy people. If you’re looking for dating apps in NYC but are looking for the most help possible, this is the way you want to go.
5. Zoosk – Best for affordable casual or serious dating
We probably don’t have to tell you that living in New York City is expensive. Transit, housing, food—it’s all up there. If you’re looking for an affordable dating site in NYC that still has plenty of quality singles looking for love, serious dating, or casual dating, then you’re going to want to check out Zoosk. With over 3 million messages sent daily on the site, it’s no wonder that it’s a favorite of people all over the United States and in New York. And the cost of Zoosk is certainly something to get excited about, especially with the quality you get in return.
5 Reasons These Are the Top Dating Apps in NYC
- Plenty of high quality, active NYC singles
- Cutting edge technology and matching algorithms to help in your search
- Affordable pricing and plenty of value for your investment
- Fun! Seriously, dating and online dating can actually be enjoyable with these apps
- Compatibility—all of these dating apps in NYC work well on iOS (Apple), Android, and Google devices
Do NYC Dating Apps Really Work?
Absolutely. There’s a reason the online dating industry continues to be a multi-billion dollar industry year after year for multiple decades. If it weren’t working, people would stop using it. Instead, the industry continues to grow year over year.
But just because you join one of the top dating apps in NYC doesn’t automatically mean you’ll find love without doing anything else? You’ll have to become engaged in the process and actually put in some work! Look, we know that New Yorkers aren’t scared of rolling up their sleeves and getting after something they want. The good news here, though, is that this “work” is really just going to be a lot of fun finding that special someone.
We didn’t want to send you out the door without some guiding words of advice. Below, you’ll find some of our top tips for really having success with these NYC dating apps.
Tips for Getting the Most out of Dating Apps in NYC
- Complete your profile the right way. Your profile is the key to finding that special someone. It’s the first (and maybe the last) thing that another single man or woman will see when deciding if they want to get to know you. You HAVE to put your best foot forward. To help you out, we’ve put together a guide to writing the perfect dating profile, complete with examples.
- Understand how New Yorkers operate. Again, we don’t need to tell you this if you’re lived in the city for a while. However, some of you reading this guide may be brand new to dating in NYC. New York is a no-bs, fast-paced, cut to the chase kind of city. People are busy, and they’re using online dating to try and help them balance their life without wasting time. Understand this when you’re dating. Understand this when you’re communicating. As long as you respect their time, they will respect yours, and you’ll have immense success dating online in NYC.
- Invest in yourself. It almost seems silly telling people in New York City the importance of investing, but we’re going to do it anyway. Invest in yourself. Sure, you could run out and join the free dating apps. But here’s a spoiler…Don’t expect to find much quality on those apps. While a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, it’s not a winning strategy. Use the free trials we’ve linked for you from this page, and then once you find a site you like, pay for a membership. We’re not telling you what to do, but we are telling you how to succeed dating online in NYC.
Top New York City Date Night Ideas
Even residents in the city that never sleeps can sometimes come up short with unique New York City date ideas. So, we’re sharing a few new ideas all over the board – and the island.
CocuSocial – Couples Cooking Classes
One of the best New York City date ideas is a couples cooking class.
Why? Because it’s an excellent opportunity to get to know each other, as you work together to prepare your meal. You might even make some new friends as you meet other couples in the kitchen.
With so many of the country’s top chefs based in NYC, you’ll learn from the best. You can select from a variety of classes ranging from sushi to wine and fondue. Part of the reservation process includes picking a chef and cuisine.
For example, you could book Italian Date Night for $89 per person. You and your special someone will prepare Truffled Alfredo Linguini and farm to table small seasonal plates. You can bring your own wine or beer and, of course, dinner is provided.
A coffee shop, record store, and nightclub, all in one. Only in NYC, right?
In a sea of nightlife choices, The VNYL stands out as a Vintage New York Lifestyle restaurant. It’s a four-story experience in the East Village designed in 1970s décor.
You’ll head upstairs for margaritas, mojitos, and more, but be sure to spend some time in the first-floor store. If you’re a fan of Entourage, you’ll appreciate that the music is curated by Adrian Grenier, aka Vincent.
The VNYL might be over the top in its premise, but not the pricing. Cocktails are in the $10 to $12 range and $15 to $17 for sliders and salads.
Le Scandal! Cabaret
Le Scandal! Cabaret is the longest-running burlesque-variety show and one of the best date ideas in Manhattan.
The shows change weekly, so if you’ve seen one, you haven’t seen them all. You’ll enjoy a top-notch line-up of acrobats, magicians, belly dancers, and contortionists. Plus, who doesn’t appreciate a good torch singing fan dancer, right?
Performances are limited to 10:30 pm on Saturday nights and are at the Laurie Beechman Theatre on West 42nd. General admission is $25. If you’re really out to impress, though, go for the $55 VIP experience with priority seating and a gift.
Get Started Now – Free Trial NYC Dating Apps
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||The League||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||It's Just Lunch||Free Trial|
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.