Dating anywhere these days is hard. We’d argue that it’s even harder in New Jersey for a lot of reasons that we’ll spare you from today because we’re probably preaching to the choir. Instead, we’re going to talk solutions. The best dating sites in New Jersey are the new, innovative, and modern way to find that special someone. Instead of having to troll bars, beaches, and the club, you can streamline the entire process and without ever leaving the house.
In this guide, we’ll showcase the best NJ dating apps, talk about what it’s really like to be single in Jersey, and share some helpful resources and insight to help you find what you’re looking for.
List of the Best Dating Sites in New Jersey
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Being Single in New Jersey – What You Need to Know
- Jersey City ranks 48th and Newark ranks 67th in a recent data study on the best cities in America for singles.
- NJ singles can use location-based search filters when dating online to find singles within the state as well as singles who are close but live across state lines.
- The NJ suburbs outside of New York that are included in the New York City metropolitan showed the highest interest in online dating apps, according to internet search traffic.
- There are more women than men in NJ with a breakdown of 51% women and 49% men.
Two NJ Metropolitan Areas Make the List of Top Cities for Singles
Both Jersey City and Newark made the list of cities studied in a recent look at the best cities in the USA for single men and women. Jersey City came in the highest at 48th, with a strong showing in the dating amenities category, a middle-of-the-road showing in the quality of the dating pool, and a poor showing in the cost of dating category. Newark came in 67th place with a slightly above average showing in the cost of dating and dating amenities categories, but a rather poor showing in the quality of the dating pool category, which looked at things like how many people are single, education levels, diversity of the population, interest in online dating, and more.
- 48th – Jersey City
- 67th – Newark
Areas of NJ Where Online Dating is Most Popular
Many of the cities in NJ are included in the major metropolitan areas of big cities in nearby states when looking at demographics data. The same is true when you breakdown Google Trends and search traffic data. But that can still give us a great look into what areas of New Jersey have the most interest in online dating. Below, you’ll find those results! What’s great, though, is that New Jersey is a small state in size, so you should be able to meet singles from anywhere within the state or neighboring states with a lot of ease.
- New York, NY (and included NJ suburbs)
- Philadelphia, PA (and included NJ suburbs)
New Jersey Singles Dating Statistics
Population in New Jersey by Gender
- 51% of women
- 49% of men
Overall Singles by Gender
- 50% of females in New Jersey are single
- 46% of males in New Jersey are single
Population in New Jersey by Age
- 13% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13% aged from 30-39 years old
- 13% aged from 40-49 years old
- 14% aged from 50-59 years old
- 23% aged 60+
% Households With Internet in NJ
- 84.1% of households in New Jersey have internet access
What Makes These the Best New Jersey Dating Apps?
- Singles from all around the northeast – Jersey is a bit state with just under 10 million people. But because of the smaller landmass size and people living close to other state’s borders, it’s important that a top NJ dating app not only have quality singles from the state but from the surrounding states too.
- Secure platform you can trust – Online dating used to be the wild wild west. Nowadays, it’s much safer and even may be safer than randomly meeting people in person. Of course, this is only true if the New Jersey dating sites you’re using take security seriously. This means things like proper encryption, secure billing, the ability to report and block problem users, and support staff ready to help with any questions or needs at a moment’s notice.
- Mobile friendly options – Yes, some people like to do their online dating from a desktop. Other people like to do it on the go from their mobile phone. We think that everyone should have both options at their disposal without needing to create more than one account. Each of the top NJ dating apps recommended here works masterfully from your desktop, mobile phone, or tablet without the need to create multiple accounts.
- The ability to sort and filter options – People from New Jersey know what they want. And if a dating app can’t hang with that, we’re not interested. The best NJ dating apps give you the ability to rack, stack, and sort your matches by whatever parameters you want. This can be things like age, distance, demographics, interests, religious affiliations, and more.