If you hail from the Hoosier State and have been on the dating scene for any amount of time, you already know that it can be challenging. Yes, there are some amazing single men and women in the state, but it can feel like a real challenge to find them! Well, guess what? There are some options out there that can help you cut through the noise and find what you’re looking for, whether you live in Ft. Wayne, Indianapolis, Bloomington, Muncie, or literally anywhere in between.
What the heck are we talking about? We’re talking about the best Indiana dating sites offering service to your area. These dating sites are equipped with the technology needed to connect likeminded singles from all over the state, neighboring states, or even around the globe if you’re really looking for that international flair.
Let’s take a look at the top dating app options in Indiana, how you can get started, and what the IN singles scene really looks like these days.
The Top 5 Dating Sites in Indiana
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
Key Takeaways of These Indiana Dating Apps
- Every IN dating app linked here automatically sets you up with a free trial (you can use more than one, too).
- Free trials let you upload pictures, set up your dating profile, take dating quizzes, and start looking through the pics and profiles of other singles in your area
- Each of these dating apps is safe, secure, and focuses on promoting privacy.
- Indianapolis ranked 47th best city for singles in America.
- Ft. Wayne had the highest volume of internet search traffic for online dating topics over the past 12 months. (Details below)
Which Indiana Cities Are Most Interested in Online Dating Apps?
A really cool way to get a pulse on the singles scene in Indiana is to look at which cities within the state are most interested in online dating. How do we go about doing this? Well, our team pulled data on search traffic for the entire state looking at major metropolitan areas. What we looked for was which cities had the highest search traffic over the past year for online dating topics.
The city with the most interest and search traffic for online dating topics in Indiana over the past 12 months is Ft. Wayne. Indianapolis came in second place with about 84% of the search traffic we saw in Ft. Wayne. The rest of the top nine cities are listed below. And just to be clear, even if you don’t see your city on here, that doesn’t mean there aren’t tons of high quality singles in your area. These are just the hot spots.
- Ft. Wayne IN – (100)
- Indianapolis IN – (84)
- South Bend-Elkhart IN – (76)
- Evansville IN – (47)
- Louisville KY – (16)
- Chicago IL – (5)
- Cincinnati OH – (3)
- Lafayette IN
- Terre Haute IN
Two Indiana Cities Make the List of Top Cities for Singles in the US
In a recent data study, Ft. Wayne and Indianapolis made the list of best cities for singles in the United States. The study took a look at 36 different data sets broken down into three main categories. The results showed which cities in the U.S. are the best for singles.
- 45th – Ft. Wayne
- 47th – Indianapolis (See the best dating apps in Indianapolis now)
The Indiana Singles Scene – Dating Statistics
Population in Indiana by Gender
- 51% women in Indiana
- 49% men in Indiana
Overall Singles by Gender
- 51% of women in Indiana are single
- 49% of men in Indiana are single
Population in Indiana by Age
- 14% aged from 20-29 years old
- 13% aged from 30-39 years old
- 12% aged from 40-49 years old
- 13% aged from 50-59 years old
- 21% aged 60+ years old
% Households With Internet in IN
- 77.6% of households in Indiana have internet access
What Makes These the Best Indiana Dating Apps?
- Quality singles
- Singles from Indiana and the surrounding midwestern states
- Mobile-friendly options to date on the go
- Accessible and helpful customer service options
- Affordable and value-adding premium membership plan options
- An overall high-quality user experience
- Track record of taking care of customers the right way
IN Mobile Dating Apps
Looking for an option to date on the go? Confused about the difference between dating apps and dating websites? Let’s break it down and get you squared away.
First, the terms app or website are fairly interchangeable these days. Technically, an Indiana dating app is a program that you download on your phone. A website, on the other hand, is something that you access through your web browser. In the early days, you would have to have a dating app to be able to have any semblance of quality dating experience from a mobile phone.
Today? Mobile-friendly websites have bridged the gap and now offer a top-notch experience without the need to download a dedicated dating app. The options we’ve listed in this guide come with one or the other, or in a lot of situations, both. That gives you the full flexibility to tailor your Indiana dating experience as best as possible.
Do we favor one over the other? Yes. We are big fans of mobile-friendly websites because they work on every device, don’t require a download, and you don’t have to download updates to keep it safe, secure, and working. All you have to do is access the website and everything snaps to the right size based on the device you’re using.
Free Dating Sites in Indiana
Below, we’ve collected a list of our favorited Indiana dating apps offering free trials. Why are free trials awesome? Well, for one, they’re free! And two, they allow you to pick out which dating site is going to be the right and best fit for you. That way, when you’re ready to invest in your love life and upgrade to a premium membership (which is the best way to get results), you’ll know what you’re getting and can be confident you’re joining the right site. Nothing like a little peace of mind, right?