For a lot of people, the first stop on their online dating journey is Match.com. It’s a well-known online dating app that markets heavily to people from the U.S. and around the world. But for a lot of people, Match.com comes up short with what they’re looking for. Often, this revolves around wanting more features or wanting access to more people looking for a serious and committed relationship.
If that’s you, rest assured knowing you’re not alone. In this guide, we’re going to share a few of the best Match.com alternatives out there that offer similar or better levels of service!
eHarmony – The Top Match Alternative
The biggest battle of all time in the online dating world has always been Match.com vs. eHarmony. And the reason for this is that both dating sites offer a fairly similar service. However, what a lot of people quickly realize is that Match.com focuses on both casual dating and committed dating. eHarmony, on the other hand, focuses solely on serious relationships.
If that’s the reason that you’re looking for an alternative to Match.com, then eHarmony is certainly going to be the option you’re looking for. Additionally, eHarmony has some extra features like a more in-depth matching algorithm and video dating options that can add the new spice you’re looking for.
You don’t want identical to Match.com because the fact you’re here shows it wasn’t the right fit for you. Why not give eHarmony a try?
The League – Best Match.com Alternative for Quality Singles
One of the newest online dating apps that really focuses on attractive quality singles is The League. As Match.com is known for having pretty good quality, it puts it in the same boat as The League. The big difference, though, is that Match.com goes more for the traditional quantity approach (tons of singles to sort through). The League goes more for quality with just a few expertly procured matches a day.
Oh, and did we mention it has a waiting list? Yes, it’s different than Match.com. However, the quality of the singles you’ll find makes it a viable alternative.
Christian Mingle – Best Match.com Alternative for Christian Singles
Much like eHarmony, a lot of people assume that Match.com is a Christian dating site. Surprising to some, that’s actually not the case, even though a lot of the singles on there are Christian. But if you are one of those people and you’re looking for a Match.com alternative that has a lot of Christian singles, you should check out Christian Mingle.
What Makes These Great Match.com Alternatives.
- High-quality singles – People don’t join Match.com looking for riff-raff or to play games. A great alternative option has to have higher quality singles.
- Different features – Many of these Match alternatives have some of the same features that you’re going to find on Match. However, many of them employ different ways to match you with other singles. Here’s the thing; you don’t want something identical to Match.com because if Match was perfect for you, you wouldn’t be here looking for a substitute!
- eHarmony – Takes a more structured approach to matching and puts a lot more weight on the algorithm and matching features.
- The League – Gets you away from the “catalog” and “shopping” type feel of dating apps like Match. Instead of endless profiles to swipe through, you have just a few high-quality singles every day to look at.
- Similar pricing – When it comes to the price for all of these online dating apps, they’re all relatively in the same ballpark. Christian Mingle is a bit less expensive than the rest, but everything is still within the same realm. You probably already know that you get what you pay for when it comes to online dating, but that’s still no reason to ever overspend. You’ll find that all of these options should fit a single person with a similar budget to those at Match.com.