One of the most important search criteria to a lot of people is how close in proximity they are to their matches. While TV has done a good job lately of romanticizing long distance relationships, it’s just a lot easier to get to know and date someone who lives in your city. So, how do you go about finding the best local dating sites for your area?
That’s where we come in! Below you’ll find a list of the top local dating sites where you’ll find plenty of singles in your area. And after you pick out a site or two to try, make sure you read on to see our tips and tricks to have the most success with these local dating sites.
The Best Local Dating Sites in the USA
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#5||The League||Free Trial|
Local Dating Sites vs. National Dating Sites
For most people, the world of online dating is quite foreign. Thankfully, though, it’s our bread and butter and what we study every single day. So, please allow us to share some of that knowledge that’s important to your search for local dating sites.
There are no dating sites solely dedicated to one local city. Instead, national dating sites have search features where you’re able to put in where you live and how far of a radius out you’d like to search for singles.
In other words, if you live in, say, Boston, there are no dating sites only catering to Boston singles. Instead, there are major mainstream dating apps that offer service all across the United States where you’ll find thousands of Boston singles. All you have to do is put in your zip code and select how many miles out you’d like to see matches from.
Tips to Get the Most Out of Local Dating Sites
- Stick to the national brands – If someday down the road you stumble on a dating site catering to a specific city only, you should run for the hills. We’ve seen sites try this in the past and the result is a site so empty that you’ll be hanging out by yourself for your entire time there. Stick to the major sites we’ve recommended as they have proven track records of connecting singles in cities all over the USA and the world.
- Set your location – If you don’t set your location in your profile, the proximity filters on the site can’t work. There’s no way to find singles near me if the dating site doesn’t know where near you is!
- Use radius instead of city name – Sometimes you’ll have the option of selecting a city that you want to see singles in or a mileage radius around your zip code. When you get this choice, always use the radius option. The problem with the first option is that sometimes areas of your city might be classified as something else. This means that you might be missing out on singles in your city just because of how zoning lines are drawn.
- Master the search parameters – Online dating sites provide you proximity search features for a reason. Take the time to understand how they work and how to get the most mileage (pun intended) out of them. The more specific you can get on exactly what you’re looking for and where, the easier it will be to get quicker and more meaningful results.
- Use more than one option if you need to – Not all the singles in your city are on the same dating site. If you’re not having much luck with the site you’re on, go ahead and try a second one. Before you do that, though, just remember that online dating is a process that can take time. Be patient and give the process time to work.
- Don’t pass on a site based on a bad review from a friend – Often, when people give their online dating site reviews, they’re heavily based on one or two experiences they had with someone they met there. And while these reviews are important, you can probably see how they might be inaccurate or jaded. If the first person they met was not what they were looking for, they probably have a low view of the site. But does that mean the site is terrible or won’t be perfect for you? Probably not.