Have you tried your hand at online dating but keep striking out? While no one likes rejection, it hits a little harder when you’re deaf. You feel like people dismiss you without giving you a chance, and you’re not sure if you want to get back out there.
But you won’t find that special someone if you sit on the sidelines, so it’s time to give it another try. This time, though, shake things up by using one of the best deaf dating apps. Get the details so you can turn your dating life into a success story.
Best Dating Apps for Deaf Singles
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#4||Catholic Match||Free Trial|
|#5||Social ASL||Free Trial|
Zoosk – Best for Figuring Out Your Relationship Style
It’s easy for the hearing population to figure out what they want in relationships. They start talking about their feelings in middle school and continue the conversation into adulthood. By the time they’re ready to date, they know who to pursue.
But it’s not as easy for deaf people.
If you’re deaf, there’s a good chance you missed some of those conversations. Your friends might not have excluded you, but it’s hard to pick up on everything people say. That explains why you feel a little lost right now.
Fortunately, you’ll get up to speed in no time if you use Zoosk. While most dating apps expect you to know what you want from the jump, it’ll take its time to learn about your dating style.
After signing up, you’ll flip through profiles, giving “hearts” to the ones you like and “Xs” to those that don’t grab your interest. Then, Zoosk’s SmartPick technology will analyze your actions and bring back matches that check all the boxes.
Oh, and it never stops working, so it’ll adjust as you go from a dating newbie to an expert.
So, how does that work?
Let’s say you find yourself drawn to people who are low-key and casual. Zoosk will figure it out and send more of those profiles your way. But then what if you change lanes and start going after singles looking for serious relationships? It’s always adapting, so it’ll send you guys or gals that want the same thing.
And speaking of guys and gals, over 40 million of them use the dating site. With such a large membership base, you can find people looking for all kinds of things. That includes a nice mixture of straight and LGBTQ+ singles.
If you want to stop stressing and start finding deaf singles online, create your free profile on Zoosk today. It’ll help you learn more about your needs so you can land the ideal date.
eHarmony – Best App to Help Deaf Singles Beat the Odds
So, something stood out to us when looking at relationships in the deaf community. According to some estimates, deaf people are four times more likely to get divorced. Because of our shock, we decided to dig in and find out why.
Now, deaf folks get divorced for various reasons, but more times than not, it comes down to communication. Partners that can’t communicate are less likely to get along, so their marriages break up.
And that got us thinking about dating apps that match people based on communication styles. You’d think there’d be tons of apps out there that prioritize it, but it’s slim pickings.
And that’s OK because eHarmony does it so well that you’ll never need another deaf dating app again.
Most dating sites have new members answer a few questions when setting up profiles, but eHarmony takes it further. You’ll answer a long questionnaire that covers your communication style and other aspects of your personality.
Then, eHarmony uses the 32 dimensions compatibility system to find matches. And those matches often lead to successful marriages. In fact, couples that meet on eHarmony are less likely to get divorced.
If you want something serious, this is the best deaf dating app around. Be sure to create your free profile so you can browse your match and beat the odds.
SilverSingles – Best for Deaf Seniors Looking for Judgment-Free Dating
If you were born deaf, you might not give much thought to age-related hearing loss. Still, countless men and women start losing their hearing in their 40s and 50s, and it gets worse with age. That explains why around 25 percent of people over 60 have disabling hearing loss.
And here’s something to think about…
Because so many seniors have hearing problems, you won’t have to worry about judgment or discrimination when using a dating site geared toward the older crowd. There are various options out there, but none stand up to SilverSingles.
It has the features you’d expect with a mainstream app, including personality and interest-based matching. And most importantly, you’ll enjoy a safe, welcoming community after signing up.
This isn’t just one of the best deaf dating apps. It’s also a great fit for anyone 50 and up. Get started by creating your free profile today.
CatholicMatch – Best Deaf Dating Site Religious Singles
Did you know that over five million Catholics in the U.S. are deaf or hard of hearing? And while their faith is important to them, around 96 percent don’t attend church.
We understand that deaf Catholics often feel isolated, explaining why they rarely go to church. At the same time, many want to find ways to include their faith in their daily lives. And that’s when we realized that the right dating app could make that easier. It might not bring people to Mass, but it’ll help them include their faith in their lives.
After reviewing countless sites, we feel confident recommending CatholicMatch.
Now, it’s not just for deaf people, but it’s full of singles who are as serious about their religion as they are about finding someone special. On top of that, most of the members are warm, welcoming, and unlikely to discriminate, so you’ll love it here.
You’ll also find that it’s easy for people to get to know the real you on CatholicMatch. You’ll answer questions about your religion, personality, and interests, and it’ll find compatible members for you.
Do you want to find someone you can share everything with, including your faith? That won’t be a problem on CatholicMatch, so create your profile today. It’s free to join, so sign up and check out your matches.
Reasons We Prefer Mainstream Over Niche-Deaf Dating Apps
Did you notice that all our favorite deaf dating sites are open to hearing and deaf singles? We researched deaf-only dating sites, but the mainstream apps beat them out. Check out why we think mainstream apps are the right choice for deaf singles.
- Win the Numbers Game – Even though there are more than 70 million deaf people around the world, few use niche dating sites. That means you’ll have a hard time finding people in your area. On the other hand, you’ll access millions of singles on the mainstream apps.
- Find Matches Based on Compatibility – The niche sites don’t go out of their way to help people find compatible matches. Sure, they show you nearby singles, but that’s about it. Fortunately, mainstream apps use advanced matching algorithms, allowing them to provide high-quality matches.
- Access to Advanced Sorting and Filtering Features – If you spend much time on a deaf-only dating app, expect to get frustrated by the poor sorting and filtering options. You can avoid that problem by sticking to mainstream apps. These sites have advanced features that make it easy to filter through your matches, so you can find your ideal partner.
- More Authentic Users – Fake profiles are a real problem on niche dating apps, so you could end up getting catfished. Fortunately, mainstream apps have systems in place to find the fakers, so you can browse and match without fear.
Deaf-Only Dating Dating Site Reviews
Even though we prefer mainstream sites, we know you might want to hang out with other deaf singles. With that in mind, we decided to review some of the most popular options. Take a look, so you’ll know if they’re worth your time.
- Social ASL – We love that you can pull up a map to see where the singles are located. That being said, there are so few users that the map practically looks blank in some areas of the United States. And if you live in another country, you can expect to find even fewer potential matches. We think this is the niche deaf dating app with the most potential to grow into something useful in the future—It’s just not there yet.
- Kiss of Deaf – This site has more features than we expected, but unfortunately, there aren’t many members. You’ll probably have a hard time finding singles in your area, so you’ll need to expand your search radius. With so few local singles, you’ll have more luck making friends than landing dates.
- Deaf Match – This dating site is powered by Deafs.com, which also runs Kiss of Deaf. That means you’ll have access to cool features but only a handful of members. You can also expect to find some of the same members on both sites, so there’s no reason to sign up for it and Kiss of Deaf.
- Deaf Dating – With more members than the competition, you might find singles in your local area on this dating site. Also, it has a verification option, allowing you to avoid scammers. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a powerful matching algorithm, making it hard to find compatible matches.
- DeafPassions – From the sluggish site to the lack of members, there’s not much to like about DeafPassions. Plus, there are far too many accounts without photos. How can you know if you want to connect if you can’t see who’s behind the account? We aren’t impressed at all, so it’s a good idea to skip this one.
Deaf Dating Apps FAQ
Is online dating difficult for deaf people?
The largest issue deaf singles run into when dating is communication and for this reason online dating is actually an excellent option. Users of these deaf dating sites can easily get to know other singles and see how well they’re able to communicate before meeting them in person. This can save a lot of time and frustration.
Can I download these deaf dating apps to my phone?
Absolutely! All the best dating apps for deaf (or hearing singles) will work flawlessly on computers as well as Android and iOS devices through native apps.
Should deaf singles date hearing singles?
Why not? The deaf community is amazing, but if you’d like to take a step outside and meet new people we’d encourage you to do so! Be patient with each other, be understanding, and give the relationship the time it needs and there’s no reason things can’t work out.
Many deaf singles have found meaningful and happy relationships with hearing singles.
Where can I find deaf singles in the United States?
You can look for hearing and deaf singles when using any of our recommended dating apps. This is by far the most convenient way to meet deaf singles and will give you the broadest possible dating pool. But, if you’d like to meet deaf singles in person it may be worth spending some time in one of these cities:
- Rochester, NY
- Washington, D.C.
- Austin, TX
- Boston, MA
- Phoenix, AZ
These cities already have large deaf populations that seem to be growing by the year. That means the odds are in your favor when looking for singles in these areas.
Will I face discrimination dating online as a deaf single?
Unfortunately, just like in the real world, the internet is full of ignorant people. So while we hope you would never struggle to find love in either realm we feel it’s necessary to warn you that it is possible. If this happens keep your head up! Be upfront about who you are and the right people are going to love you, deafness and all.