Congratulations on your bundle of joy! We know this is an exciting time in your life, and we also know you may not want to spend the next 10 months practicing involuntary celibacy just because you are pregnant. It is completely possible to still have a fun and an effective dating life as a pregnant woman; you just need to know where to look and how to approach the task.
We have put together a list of the best and safest dating apps for pregnant moms, so you don’t have to waste your precious energy doing the leg work yourself. So, before you jump into your online dating journey, browse through our list of apps and tips for safe online dating.
The 6 Best Apps for Pregnant Women
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||Catholic Match||Free Trial|
Why Are These Dating Sites Good During Pregnancy?
As a pregnant single, you don’t have time to waste with crummy sites or people looking to play games. For that reason, our team takes the ranking and recommendation process extremely seriously. What we’d like to do in order to instill some confidence in our picks is share with you why we chose these sites as the best pregnant dating sites.
Here are the top reasons we love these options:
- They’re Safe – There is no more important word for online dating, whether you’re pregnant or not. But as a woman who may not be as mobile as you were prior to being pregnant (and the fact you’re in charge of two people now), safety is even more important. The best pregnant dating sites are ones that have systems and features in place to keep you and your little one onboard safe.
- They’re Affordable – You’ve got expensive doctor’s appointments, future costs on the horizon, and random late night cravings for peanut butter and pickles. All of these things can get expensive. For that reason, it’s important that dating sites for pregnant singles are affordable. We’re not huge fans of 100% free pregnant dating sites because you get a lot of riff-raff and lose out on safety, but we still want things to be cost effective.
- Time Respective – Another way to put this characteristic would be user-friendly features. Is the app designed in a way that it’s easy to use and helps you to meet matches quickly? Or do you have to constantly close and reopen, fight with features that don’t work, and try and stay calm? We want pregnant dating sites that are efficient and effective. As we mentioned, you’ve already got to juggle doctor’s appointments, ultrasounds, eating healthy, and everything else that comes with being a mom.
These are not pregnant-niche dating apps.
As you probably already see, these are more mainstream dating apps and not ones 100% dedicated to pregnant dating. Why? It’s because from our experience, those sites attract the fetishist or have so few members that it’s not worth your time. By using mainstream apps, you get access to a safer collection of singles. And with the search and filter functions, you can still have success.
Curious about the niche sites that are out there? We’ll share some here for you, but be aware we are not recommending these.
- Pregnant Hookup – This site looks like it’s straight out of the 1990s and is strictly for people who want pregnant hookups. Honestly, we consider this emotionally high-risk behavior and would not recommend getting involved. We’re not even going to link to the site but wanted to mention it for the sake of completeness.
- Tender Meets – Not to be confused with Tinder, this dating app looks to be a mainstream app that does have a marketing aspect targeting pregnant women. The site feels a little more along that the previous one mentioned, but still like it hasn’t seen an upgrade since the early 2000s. Again, not one we’re recommending you spend anytime with.
- Peanut – Technically, this really isn’t a dating app, but more of a support type website for women going through things like pregnancy, fertility issues, and motherhood. Again, not a dating app, but it’s a great way to make new friends who may be able to help set you up with someone.
That’s really about it when it comes to niche-focused app options. And even some of these apps really aren’t specifically niched down, they just try to come across that way. Ultimately, you’re going to have more success with the mainstream pregnancy dating apps we’ve recommended at the top of the guide.
Challenges of Pregnant Dating
- The “Finding a Daddy” Stigma – We know that dating as a pregnant woman is complicated because a lot of men assume you are looking for a father for your baby. They worry that you will pretend to like them just to get into their billfolds.
- Avoiding Fetishists – On the other end of the dating problems spectrum are the fetishists who seek pregnant women just for sexual kicks. Sure, if you are into it that’s all fine and dandy, but someone pretending to like you when all they want is sex isn’t a very good feeling.
- Safety is Even More Important – We all worry about our safety when dating someone we met online, but we can usually leave our children at home where they are safe. Pregnant moms don’t have that luxury, which means being safe is doubly important.
- Answering all the Questions – It is simply a fact that you will need to disclose your pregnancy to any partners you are seriously interested in. This will inevitably lead to multiple questions about your pregnancy and the baby’s father that might be really uncomfortable.
- Hormones – If this is your first pregnancy, be aware that your hormones will be on fire, which means you may be more emotional or reactive than you would be normally. There’s nothing wrong with this; it’s your body naturally taking care of the baby. However, it is something to be aware of, especially when dating someone new.
Don’t get discouraged! Dealing with one or all these challenges as a pregnant woman dating online can make finding love seem hopeless. We assure you there are good matches out there, and you can and will find them!
Navigating Mainstream Dating Apps as a Pregnant Mom
When it comes to a lot of dating preferences or personality features, there are niche dating sites. However, you won’t find this in regard to pregnant women. Mostly, this lack of dating apps for pregnant women is to protect women and their unborn babies from creeps and fetishists. Alternatively, the market isn’t particularly lucrative because pregnant women have an easy time finding love through traditional, mainstream dating apps.
Still, traversing a mainstream app means your matches won’t immediately be aware of your situation. This can be complicated, so we’ve thrown together some helpful tips to help you navigate online dating.
Hold Your Cards Close to Your Chest
When you first meet a match, you are not required or recommended to tell them everything about your pregnancy. This can help you weed out creeps and fetishists who are seeking you out exclusively for your pregnant state. That being said, this is going to be something you’ll want to be upfront about pretty soon, but just not all of the details. So, you can choose to or not to put it on your profile, but you will want to share it within the first few conversations.
Be Honest When the Time Comes
Now, you can’t hide your pregnancy forever. So, at some point you will need to tell your online dating partner about your baby. You don’t want to wait so long that your partner feels betrayed, or so long that you are emotionally invested in the match. There is no hard and fast rule for the perfect time to tell them, but somewhere between strangers and friends is a pretty good starting point.
Trust Your Gut and Watch for Red Flags
If your match is giving off weird vibes, it is best not to ignore it. When we are heavily interested in finding a partner, we can sometimes convince ourselves to overlook glaring personality flaws in others. If your match says something untoward or makes you feel generally uncomfortable, report them to the app’s moderator and move on.
Know What You Are Looking For
Before you begin dating, know what you want out of the experience. Do you just want some quick fun to keep your nights warm? Are you interested in a long-term relationship with the prospect of marriage? Knowing exactly what you are wanting out of the experience can help lead you to the proper dating app for pregnant moms.
Questions You May Get Asked to Prepare For
As we mentioned, one downfall for dating as a pregnant woman is all the inevitable questions. Here are some of the most common questions you might be asked and how to handle them.
How Involved Is the Father In the Process?
This is a fair question. After all, nobody wants to get into a relationship with someone who is secretly already in a relationship. You only need to divulge as much information as is comfortable and necessary. “He isn’t involved at all,” or, “as involved as he needs to be,” are both perfectly acceptable answers. If you want to give more details, you can, but you are not required to share more info for anyone else’s sake.
Are You Keeping the Baby?
Another fair question so long as it is worded appropriately. If a date is pressuring you to make choices about adoption or abortion to make your relationship easier on them, get out of there! It is nobody’s choice but yours how to handle your pregnancy.
Can We Date After the Baby is Born?
Many people are less worried about your being pregnant and more concerned about whether there are long term dating possibilities in your future. Decide going into your dating journey what you are looking for so you don’t lead anyone on one way or the other.
A Final Word of Encouragement for Single Pregnant Women
Dating as a pregnant woman is not the taboo scenario people want you to think it is. Thousands of single women are choosing to get pregnant through means of invitro and donor sperm these days. Motherhood is not just for married women.
You are not the only single mom looking to date online! Even if your pregnancy was accidental, you deserve love and there is someone out there for you.
Pregnant Online Dating FAQ
In this closing section we’ll try to answer any remaining questions you might have about dating online while pregnant. These questions are based around common searches and submissions from our readers. If you have a question about using dating sites while pregnant or anything similar, we encourage you to contact us to see if we can help! Without futher ado, the questions and answers:
Are There Any Dating Sites Just For Pregnant Women?
There are not. At least none that we could find that were reputable or worth your time. There are single parent dating apps though! This is probably the closest to a “pregnant dating app” that exists and maybe that’s a good thing?
Is It Wrong To Start Dating Online if You’re Pregnant?
Absolutely not! Pregnant women have a need and a right to be loved. On top of that, there’s a lot of benefit for your incoming baby to having another strong parental figure in their life should things work out well. Now if you’re still in a relationship with the father that’s a completely different story, but we’ll let you ponder the morality of that one on your own.
Is Dating While Pregnant Hard?
It doesn’t have to be, but ultimately this will depend on the day and what your body is going through. Morning sickness, lack of sleep, mood changes, and more can complicate your dating life noticeably. As long as you’re mindful of your body and don’t push yourself too hard dating while pregnant can be awesome!
Should I Tell My Dating Site Matches I’m Pregnant?
“Should you” is a personal decision. The timing and your method of telling online matches about your pregnancy is completely up how comfortable you feel with the person and the relationship. There’s nothing saying it has to be the first thing you bring up in conversation, but it’s probably good to get out in the open before meeting in person. Honesty leads to the best relationships after all.
Should My Dating Profile Pictures Show That I’m Pregnant?
This depends on the kind of attention you want to draw to your profile. While there’s nothing inherently wrong with showing that you’re pregnant on dating apps doing so may draw clicks from fetishists. Generally these men aren’t interested in dating a pregnant woman long term. To avoid this you can use pre-pregnancy pictures or stick to headshots.
Is Online Dating Safe for Pregnant Women?
Online dating is a lot like skydiving. It can be scary, but as long as you’re properly prepared it’s almost always safe. To keep this analogy going, we don’t want you to try pregnant online dating without a parachute. We’ve links these resources for the safety of you and your little one:
Try The Best Dating Site for Pregnant Moms Today
There are countless options for online dating when you’re pregnant. Let us end this page by pointing you toward the site we think think is most likely to help you find love in 2022. Happy dating mama. We wish you luck!
- This dating app is safe and reputable (Important for you and baby)
- “Video Date” lets you meet matches from the safest of your home
- Most users are looking to find meaningful relationships.
- Excellent success rate for marriage and lasting love.
- Advanced 150 point compatibility matchmaking process.
- Unlimited Free Trial! Never pay if you don’t like the app.
Written By: Brandi Brown
Brandi Brown is a daytime copywriter and nighttime novelist. Her projects range from marketing content and commercial scripts all the way to narrative poetry and short fiction. Her debut novel, Bleached, is set to release in 2023.
✉ Contact Brandi: [email protected]