With over 100 million users in the U.S. (45% of smartphone users), it’s no secret that iPhones are super popular. As smartphones can help us with everything under the sun, we shouldn’t be surprised that the best dating apps for iPhone can help us find that special someone.
No matter what you’re looking for, there’s an iOS dating app out there that can connect you with like-minded singles. But how do you find the best dating app for iPhone for you? We’re here to help.
Here’s a look at the top five iOS dating apps for all kinds of dating wants and needs. You’re only minutes away from searching through singles in your area (or around the globe).
The Top iPhone Dating Apps
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||The League||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#7||Catholic Match||Free Trial|
1. eHarmony – Best Overall iPhone Dating App
- Most prominent dating app for marriages and serious relationships
- In-depth profile tests to best match you with compatible singles
- Over 2.3 million messages sent between single men and women every week
The Bottom Line – If you’re committed to finding a serious relationship that could turn into something long-term or even marriage, there aren’t many options that can even come close to matching what eHarmony can deliver. The eHarmony cost of a membership is a bit pricier than other iPhone dating apps, but worth every penny.
2. Zoosk – Best iOS App for Dating Options
- 40 million members
- 3 million messages sent daily
- 4.3 rating over 70k reviews
The Bottom Line – It’s really hard not to get excited about an online dating app with over 40 million members. Hopefully, you’re just looking for that one special person, and that gets a lot easier when you have a ton of options—and here, you literally have millions of them. Zoosk is certainly one of the top iPhone dating apps that’s absolutely at a minimum at least worth searching who is available in your area.
3. Elite Singles – Best iOS Dating App for Casual and Serious Relationships
- Known for attracting more educated singles and professionals
- Over 85% of singles on the site have an above-average level of education
- Only takes minutes to get signed up
The Bottom Line – Whether you’re a single who is ready to dive into a serious relationship or you just want to casually date for a while, Elite Singles is the iOS app for you. The dating app is great for young professionals, educated singles, and has people looking for all levels of commitment.
4. The League – Best iOS Dating App for Highest Quality Singles
- Known as one of the trendiest dating apps, especially around major cities
- Big on the quality singles over quantity approach
- Exclusive – requires a waiting list and approval to get in
The Bottom Line – The League dating app is one of the most famous dating apps when it comes to exclusivity. Members have to go through a waiting and voting process to get into The League (unless they pay extra to expedite the wait). What does this mean? The highest quality of singles. If you’re looking to meet Mr. Amazing or Miss Rock Your Socks off—check out The League right now.
5. Christian Mingle – Best iPhone App for Christian Dating
- Top iOS dating app for Christian Singles
- 15 million Christian men and women and growing
- Signing up takes just a few minutes
The Bottom Line – When it comes to Christian dating apps for iPhone, hardly anyone can rival what Christian Mingle brings to the table. The app is easy to use, has a massive following, and a great track record for helping to form faith-focused relationships.
6. Jdate – Best Dating App for iPhone for Jewish Singles
- #1 rated iOS dating app for Jewish singles
- Known for having one of the easiest to use apps
- Rich profiles with a lot of space to share about yourself
The Bottom Line – The best dating app for Jewish singles with iPhones is without a doubt JDate. The app is easy to use, filled with high-quality Jewish singles, and is ready for you right now.
7. Catholic Match – Best Catholic Dating App for iOS
- Recommended by top Catholic Church leaders
- Top Catholic dating app for iPhone users
- Known for an easy to use interface
The Bottom Line – Catholic singles who own iPhones have a home when it comes to finding love. Catholic Match is the leader in faith-based relationships for Catholic singles.
Helpful Tips for Dating Apps for iPhone
- Keep your app up to date. Many of the top iOS apps for dating update their platforms regularly. This allows them to fix any bugs, release great updates, and stay up with the most recent iOS version. Unless you have automatic updates on, make sure you keep things updated when new versions come out.
- Look at what’s on the list of updates. One drawback to automatic updates is you don’t get to see the list of updates the developers have for you. Often with dating apps, this list includes new features that are now available to you. Take the time to see what is included in an update, so you know you’re getting the most out of your online dating experience.
- Set your notifications. For some people, they want to know every time anything happens with an iPhone dating app. For others, that would be a little overwhelming. If you’re getting a lot of messages, likes, or profile flirts, your phone could be dinging and buzzing all day long. The good news is that you can adjust all of these notifications. Generally, the adjustments can be made from within the app or from the settings screen of your iPhone.
- Take advantage of cross-device functionality. That’s just a fancy way of saying the best dating apps for iPhone also work on other iOS devices like your iPad. Additionally, most of these apps also work on your desktop (even if it’s not a Mac). So, you can use any of these platforms to access the same account, which is an awesome perk.
Should I pay attention to the ratings in the App Store?
Yes and no. While it’s always good to know what other people think, online dating apps as a whole across the lifestyle genre have lower than expected ratings. Why? Most likely it’s because people get upset that someone doesn’t like them or something like that and they take it out on the app. You can find some decent and helpful reviews, but you need to look past the emotionally charged people firing off one-star reviews like it’s their day job.
If you want to get the best idea of what to expect from these dating apps for iOS, check them out for yourself. Every link here sets you up with a free trial account that you can use to look around yourself. You can also check out our dating site reviews if you want to know our opinions.
Nothing is better than you checking it out yourself, though.
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.