If dating’s really a numbers game, China should be the best place to find love. Over 240 million single adults live here, which is more than any other country in the world. But since there are around 35 more single men than women in China, it’s not as easy as it seems.
Because of that, many Chinese singles have turned to online dating. And they aren’t just sticking to China when looking for partners. We’ve noticed that people use dating apps for local and international dating. Plus, some Chinese citizens hop on apps to find love in the Western world.
So, where should you look? We’ve identified the best Chinese dating apps for local, international, and U.S. dating. Click on a link below to get started.
- I Live in the U.S. and Want to Meet Chinese Singles
- International Chinese Dating
- Local Chinese Dating
Best Chinese Dating Apps in the United States
eHarmony – Best for Finding Long-Term Love
Having a successful marriage is one of the biggest goals for Asian Americans, according to the Pew Research Center. And that made us think – what dating app can Chinese American folks use to turn that dream into reality?
It didn’t take long for us to realize that eHarmony is the clear choice.
This dating app isn’t just for Chinese American singles, but it has lots of Asian members that are looking for marriage. You can find them close to home or around the United States. Plus, it lets you search in other countries, too.
- Most members are looking for serious relationships
- Compatibility test finds out what members bring to relationships
- Matching system pairs people based on long-term compatibility
- Many couples report long-term success
The Final Say: eHarmony is the best Chinese dating site for finding a long-term partner in the United States. Sign up for a free account today.
EliteSingles – Best for Connecting with Professionals
Chinese Americans are among the most successful folks in the United States. Many of them have built high-powered careers in architecture, engineering, technology, and other key industries and earn nice paychecks as a result.
If you’re among the elite, you want someone who can keep up with you at work and home. And that’s what you’ll find when using EliteSingles to search for Chinese singles in the United States.
- Almost all members are career-oriented, highly educated professionals
- Match with people with similar income and education levels
- Search by ethnicity and religion
- Most members want serious relationships
The Final Say: EliteSingles isn’t just open to Chinese Americans, but it has lots of Asian members that are looking for love. It’s the best option for successful singles, and you can create a free account today.
Best International Chinese Dating Apps
Zoosk – Best for Keeping Your Options Open at Home and Abroad
When it comes to the Chinese dating scene, one thing rings true above all else – Chinese singles need more options. As we discussed earlier, there’s a massive gender imbalance, leaving lots of men without possible dates.
There’s another reason why Chinese singles need more options. While most still date with the intention of marriage, casual dating is surging among Chinese people at home and abroad. And if there’s one thing we know about casual dating, it’s that you need access to lots of singles so you can play the field.
International dating is the way to go if you want to increase your options, especially if you use Zoosk.
With tens of millions of members in China and around the globe, everyone can find a match on Zoosk. And you can find those matches at home or abroad, so there are no limits with this Chinese dating site.
- More than 40 million members in China and around the globe
- Most members are looking for casual or short-term relationships
- Can be used for local and international dating
- SmartPick™ technology takes the guesswork out of matchmaking
- Location-based app allows you to meet singles when traveling
The Final Say: Zoosk is one of the largest dating sites in China and the world, making it an excellent fit for singles that need more options. Try it for yourself by creating a free profile on Zoosk today.
AsianDating – Best for Searching for Partners Around the World
AsianDating is also part of Cupid Media, but it’s not quite the same as ChinaLoveCupid. It’s popular throughout Asia and the western world, allowing you to expand your options. Otherwise, it has the same features, including message translation, if you pay for a membership.
- Chinese citizens can use it for local and international dating
- Connects singles from China to people throughout the western world
- Automatic message translation included with paid memberships
- Members can add their relocation preferences to their profiles
The Final Say: This is the best dating app for connecting Chinese citizens with singles in the Western world. Get started by setting up your free account on AsianDating today.
AsianDate – Best for Connecting Chinese Women with Western Men
AsianDate specializes in connecting Asian women with Western men, and most people are interested in getting married. And connecting is easy with features like phone call reservations, live chat, and video calls. Oh, and you can even send gifts through this Chinese dating site.
- Chinese women can set up profiles to connect with Western men
- Get to know each other with phone calls and video chat
- Option to woo singles by sending virtual and real gifts
- Most members are interested in marriage
The Final Say: If you’re a Chinese woman searching for a Western man (or the other way around), this dating site is for you. You can give it a test drive by setting up a free account today.
ChinaLoveCupid – Best for Pairing Chinese Singles with American Mates
So, we mentioned that casual dating is on the rise in China, but make no mistake: most folks still want to find someone to marry. And when they’ve exhausted their options at home, they turn to international dating sites.
While there are lots of marriage-minded international dating sites, ChinaLoveCupid is one of the most popular – and most successful.
As part of Cupid Media’s network of sites, it attracts lots of users, with most coming from China and the United States. Most Chinese singles want to find an American, but you’ll come across some that are interested in local dating, too.
- Available in China, America, and other countries
- Local and international dating options for Chinese singles
- Most singles are interested in marriage
- Automatic message translation for paid members
- Option to add relocation preferences to profiles
The Final Say: If you want to start a Chinese-American romance for the ages, ChinaLoveCupid is the right choice. And you can get started for free by setting up your account today.
Local Chinese Dating Apps
The League – The Best for People with High Standards
With technology, manufacturing, and other bustling industries, China has one of the largest economies in the world – and some of the wealthiest professionals. If you count yourself among them, you have high standards when it comes to dating. You want to find the best of the best, and that’s not always easy.
That’s why we’re so excited to announce that The League has launched in China. It’s slowly opening up in new cities around the world and has added Beijing and Shanghai to its list of options.
So, what makes The League so special? Well, let’s just say it’s the C9 League of dating apps. A lot of talented, high-performing folks want to get in, but only a select few are accepted.
You’ll go on a waiting list after submitting your profile, and a real person will review it to decide if you have what it takes to become a member. And the reviewer won’t just take your word for it, either. The person will check out your LinkedIn profile to make sure you’re The League material.
If you manage to get past the virtual bouncer, you’ll have access to some of the most powerful, ambitious professionals in China. We’re talking lawyers, executives, financial geniuses, and others, so it’ll be easy to maintain your high standards.
- Available for local dating in Beijing, Shanghai, and Taipei
- Open for local dating in other cities around the world
- 20-30% acceptance rate
- Each profile is personally vetted
- High-quality matches
- Close to an equal number of men and women
The Final Say: This Chinese dating app is the best option for singles with high standards. Get started by creating a free profile so you can go on the waiting list.
Other Popular Chinese Dating Apps
- Momo: As the most popular Chinese dating app, Momo is often referred to as the “Tinder of China.” Most people want casual encounters and can find them with features that include live streams, profile videos, and chatrooms. Keep in mind that you’ll need to buy credits to use a lot of the features.
- Tantan: People use this app to make friends, find casual encounters, and meet long-term partners. While some people have success, there are lots of fake accounts on here. Lots of previous users say the app isn’t worth their time, and some people think it’s on its way out.
- Yidui: This app is geared toward Chinese singles living outside of the big cities. The site uses real matchmakers to help people make connections, with long-term relationships the goal. It also verifies users and monitors the chatroom to protect people from harassment.
- Zhenai: This site uses real matchmakers to help Chinese singles in large cities find love. Most of the members are white-collar professionals pursuing serious relationships.
Where to Find Chinese Singles in the United States
When researching Chinese dating sites, we discovered that lots of folks want to find Chinese singles in the United States. And that’s not all that surprising, considering that the country is home to around 5.4 million Chinese people.
But where should you look?
We recommend starting your search close to home, but don’t worry if you strike out. You can change your dating app’s location to a city with a large Chinese population.
You’ll find lots of available Chinese singles if you set your search location to any of the following cities:
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Boston, MA
- Seattle, WA
- Washington D.C.
- Chicago, IL
- Honolulu, HI
- Houston, TX
And that brings us to a second question. Which app should you use?
EliteSingles is our first pick, followed by The League. The League is available in all the cities listed except for San Jose, CA.
Dating Abroad – What You Need to Know
Online dating makes it easy for people in China and the Western World to connect. If you’re interested in finding love in another country, we’ve got some tips for you.
- Learn Some of the Language: You can show that you’re invested by learning some of your match’s language. Mandarin is the predominant language in China, but there are other dialects as well, so get the details first. Then, hop on video chat to show off your new language skills.
- Be Clear with Your Intentions: Most Chinese singles prefer serious relationships. If you aren’t interested in something long-term, be upfront right away.
- Be Ready to Talk About Money: Money might be a taboo subject in the Western World, but it’s not in China. Your online date might ask about your finances before moving things forward. Even if it seems rude to you, it’s part of Chinese culture, so we recommend being forthcoming.
- Don’t Expect Stereotypical Gender Roles: Some Westerners date Chinese women because they think they’ll be submissive. That might have been true in the past, but times have changed. These days, Chinese women expect to be equal partners in relationships and aren’t afraid to leave men that don’t respect their independence.
Chinese Dating App FAQ
What are the Best Chinese Dating Sites for Foreigners?
ChinaLoveCupid, AsianDating, and AsianDate are ideal for foreigners looking for love in China.
What is a Rich Chinese Dating Site?
You can find wealthy men and women on EliteSingles and The League.
Can I Use a Free Chinese Dating App?
You can set up free accounts on all of our recommended sites, but you’ll need to pay for a membership to access premium features. We don’t recommend using dating sites that don’t offer premium memberships. Most free sites are full of scammers, making it hard to connect with real people.