Online dating is a great way for anyone to meet new people, but it is especially handy for gamers. There are a lot of features and concepts that translate so well to the gaming community, you just need to know where to look! If you are a gamer who is ready to find love, take a look at our choices of the best dating apps for gamers!
Need some tips on setting up your profile and starting conversations? Just read on for some of our best tips and tricks to making online dating work for you!
Why These Are The Best Dating Apps for Gamers
They Help You Expand Your Horizons
Sometimes we can get caught up in wanting to find a partner that matches all our hobbies and interests exactly. However, these dating apps can help show you that great matches exist outside any strict criteria you may have built up in your mind.
They Focus on True Compatibility
Hookup apps can be a bummer because they are such surface level interactions. These apps use matching algorithms to pair up results based on true, deep compatibility.
They Have Features and Functionality Gamers Can Appreciate
Gamers will love all the features of these sites and feel right at home using the filtering systems, advanced communication features, and more.
The Virtual Communication Feels Natural to Gamers
Gamers know all about communicating online and building friendships virtually. These dating apps and their communication platforms will keep gamers in their comfort zone, which makes dating a whole lot easier.
Helpful Tips for Shy Gamers Dating Online
We firmly believe that the idea of gamers being nerdy is totally outdated. Many gamers are super outgoing, focus on sport-based hobbies as well, and blow that stereotype out of the water. But, some gamers (just like any single really) will be a little less skilled at dating and other intense social interactions.
So, if you are a shy gamer who needs a little help, below are some dating tips for you:
- Put Your Best Foot Forward – We’ve all seen the cringe worthy posts online of the people who flirt too hard with someone only to turn on them and call them horrible names when their feelings aren’t returned. That’s no way to live life. Focus on being the best person you can be and trust that your kindness and geniality will reward you when the right person comes along.
- Know That You Are a Catch – Being a gamer does not take away from your desirability. Never let someone treat you badly or walk all over you just because you think you can’t do better.
- Be Yourself – It is always best to be yourself when getting to know people. Sure, you may be able to put on a persona and fake your way through interactions, but eventually the shroud will fall and the relationship will be severely damaged. Focus on finding someone who loves you for you.
- Don’t Settle Just to Avoid Being Alone – Unfortunately, this happens all too often. Lonely singles will settle for bad partners just because they don’t want to be alone. You owe it to yourself to hold out for a partner that will treat you right and make you happy.
- Share Your Hobbies – Often, singles might try to hide their “nerdier” hobbies, but we have seen that dates actually love to be involved in these hobbies. Try setting up a gaming date and share your passion with your potential partner!
Are These Sites Good for Girl Gamers?
Yes! We know that being a girl gamer can be a struggle when it comes to dating. These apps are great because they have some really great searching features but also great moderators. So, the first time a match tries to pull the whole, “you aren’t a real gamer,” or any other prejudice-type nonsense, you can get the mods to help you out!
Are There Good Dating Apps for LGBTQ+ Gamers?
Yes! Many of our apps are some of the best apps on the market for LGBTQ+ singles, gamers or otherwise. We want you to be able to find your perfect love, no matter who they are! Be sure to utilize the great search and filtering features on these apps to help you properly narrow down your results.
Tips To Making Online Dating Work For You
Use Photos that Work
Online dating professionals agree, the best way to bring in more matches is by using great pictures. This doesn’t mean you need to hire a pro photographer, just use pictures that give a good depiction of who you are. Candid photos from your favorite hobbies or pictures that show off fun memories are a great place to start.
Show Your Personality
Don’t be afraid to get a little quirky with your profile bio. It is far better to come off a little goofy and silly than to put out the same boring profile your matches have seen a dozen times.
Update Your Information As Needed
Don’t let your profile get super outdated. You don’t want to get great matches in a town you don’t live in anymore.
Don’t Ghost Your Matches by Accident
We all get busy, but forgetting to check your app for weeks at a time can cause you to miss out on some really great matches. You don’t need to be obsessive, but maybe check in once every 48 hours or so.
Pick The Best App for You
There are a lot of dating apps out there, so be sure to use the one that best matches your needs and goals. For instance, those wanting a marriage will want to avoid hookup apps. Similarly, those only interested in singles of the same faith may want to use a niche dating app for their religion.
Reach Out First
Whether you are a girl, guy, or any other gender, there are no rules anymore about who reaches out first. If you are interested in someone, message them! They will appreciate knowing you are interested.
Use a Good Opener
We tend to see people leaning one of two directions. They either start their conversations with boring messages that don’t invite any interest, or they start with an over the top pickup line that is unlikely to land. Try to stick in the middle with a line that shows effort, but doesn’t seem like you are trying too hard.
5 Good Chat Openers for Gamers
- If You Know They Game, but That’s It: “PC, Xbox, Nintendo, or PlayStation?”
- If You Aren’t Sure if They Game: “What’s your favorite hobby and how did you get into it?”
- If They Are a PC Gamer: “What is a game mod you can’t live without?”
- If They Are a PlayStation or Xbox Gamer: “What’s your favorite two player game?” (Note: You can easily use this as a segue to set up a game together.)
- If They Are a Nintendo Gamer: “What are your thoughts on people who throw blue turtle shells?”