The weather is cooling and that means it is only a matter of time before all the Hallmark holidays start up. Family holidays, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day – lots of moments to feel unreasonably lonely. You don’t want to be desperately searching for a date a few weeks before, so why not begin your search for a boyfriend now?
If you are looking to end the year with a committed partner, you want to utilize the best dating apps for finding a boyfriend. We have taken our measure of the biggest dating sites on the market and come up with a list of the best options for finding a boyfriend. So, if you are ready to find your other half, just keep reading.
The Top Apps to Find a BF
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||Catholic Match||Free Trial|
Featured Pick: eHarmony – The Best Dating App to Find a BF
- Results in more long-term, happy relationships than any other app
- Affordable pricing with multiple tier options
- One of the most in-depth personality assessments of any dating app
eHarmony is consistently rated one of the top dating companies on the market. This is thanks to them leading the pack in impressive results year after year. We think it is one of the best dating apps for finding a BF because you are matched based on a complex personality assessment and preferences questionnaire that weeds out the majorly incompatible singles.
Another thing that makes eHarmony great is the tiered pricing options and free trial. If you are curious about online dating but aren’t totally sold, just give eHarmony a try for free. Check out all the features and fill out your personality assessment to get a feel for everything you can gain from online dating with eHarmony.
The Full Scoop – eHarmony has every feature you could ever need to find the perfect partner. The sign up process takes a little more time, but the results are definitely worth it!
Why We Love These Dating Sites
- They Focus on User Safety – Each of the sites on our list have fantastic moderators and security features to keep you safe. They monitor and remove fraud accounts quickly and respond to user concerns just as fast.
- Their Platforms are Easy to Use – These app developers know what they are doing thanks to years of experience. Even the most novice computer and smartphone users can work the apps and find their perfect boyfriend.
- They Have a Ton of Search Features – You will find searching for your matches super simple thanks to the easy-to-use search function and multiple filtering options.
- Try Before You Buy – Use the free sign-up and/or trial options to get a feel for these dating apps for finding a boyfriend before you have to spend a dime.
Is Finding a Boyfriend Online Hard?
It doesn’t have to be! In fact, we’d argue that finding a boyfriend is even easier online because you can cut out all the time-consuming legwork that goes into finding an interested partner. With online dating, you know going in that the other singles are looking to date. You can tell exactly what kind of relationship they are looking for and narrow them down based on your preferences.
Are There Quality Men Online?
Statistics show that a large percentage of modern marriages are a result of online dating. Couple this with the outstanding marriage statistics of eHarmony and other dating apps for finding a boyfriend and we think it is safe to say that you can easily find quality men online. The moderation through the dating apps on our list also works to weed out any members with nefarious purposes, so your matches should all be the cream of the crop.
Is Online Dating Different For Men?
Research into online dating and how it varies among men and women has shown that heterosexual men are more likely to find online dating difficult. This is because they statistically receive less messages or unprompted interest from female users. So, if you want to increase your odds of finding an amazing boyfriend through online dating, make the effort to reach out to those who interest you.
How to Increase My Chances of Finding a BF Online
- Don’t Expect Too Much Upfront: Hollywood has left many with the impression that men are supposed to be comfortable with flirting and dating, and therefore should take charge. However, this is simply untrue. Your match is likely just as nervous about everything as you are, so allow them some time to warm up to the conversation before counting them out.
- Make Your Intentions Clear: Don’t beat around the bush when it comes to what you want out of your online dating experience. If you want a long-term partner, let your match know. It is more than a funny joke that men don’t always pick up on subtle cues. Multiple studies have found that men are less capable of reading body language than women. So, if you want something from your match, let him know!
- Leave Your Baggage at The Door: We’ve all been hurt before. We aren’t saying you have to hide your pain, but unloading all your baggage upfront can be intimidating to the men you are matching with. In fact, it can make you come across as a dramatic person, which can scare partners away.
- Be Honest About Yourself: It can be tempting to pretend you are into the hobbies and interests of a particularly fascinating match. However, these antics don’t bode well for the health of your long-term relationship. In fact, you might end up destroying the chances of a good relationship with your dishonesty.
- Don’t Settle: The longer you are single, the more you want to just find someone to love. This mentality can lead you to making poor decisions that will lead to unhappy relationships, breakups, and lost time. Instead, stick to your standards and only proceed with partners that match all your wants and needs. This might make finding a boyfriend take a little more time, but it is definitely worth it!
Written By: Brandi Brown
Brandi Brown is a daytime copywriter and nighttime novelist. Her projects range from marketing content and commercial scripts all the way to narrative poetry and short fiction. Her debut novel, Bleached, is set to release in 2021.