When you’re a farmer, life is enjoyably different. You know what the sunrise looks like, you understand the value of hard work, and songs about tractors hit you a little bit differently than they do for everyone else. But just because aspects of your life are a little different doesn’t mean that you don’t have the same romantic wants and needs as people from the city.
Luckily, you don’t have to settle just because you live acres away from town thanks to farmers dating sites. These online websites allow you to meet people from right down the road or a few towns over who understand and embrace the farming lifestyle. Or, if you’re looking to meet someone with a little more city in their blood—that’s an option to.
To get you started, let’s look at the best farmers dating sites, compare mainstream apps to farmers only dating options, and give you some tips to get the most out of your online experience.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#3||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#4||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
1. eHarmony – Best Overall Dating Site for Farmers
For farmers dating sites, our top pick is an easy one—eHarmony. Yes, this is not a farmers only dating site that keeps city-folk on the other side of the fence. eHarmony does embrace people from all walks of life. But here’s where they shine. Number one—they have tons of singles from the more rural parts of America (aka farming country). Number two—the site is only designed for singles looking for serious relationships. And for single farmers who don’t have time to waste with games, it’s a huge win.
If you’re looking for the best farmers dating site, you’ll want to sign up at eHarmony and at the very least see what singles are available in your area (which you can do for free).
2. Zoosk – Best for Rural Farmer Dating
The biggest challenge when it comes to meeting farmers for dating is proximity. The chances are high that if you live in a farming community, there aren’t that many people who you run into on a day to day basis. What this means is that you’re going to want a way to get access to the most singles and options possible. That solution is Zoosk. With somewhere between 35 and 40 million singles on the site, your chances of meeting an amazing guy or gal in your area goes through the silo roof! If you’re looking for an option that has the most options, Zoosk is your winner.
3. Higher Bond – Best for Christian Farmers
In many parts of the US, there’s a strong correlation between farming, family, and faith. And if you fall into that group where your faith is a big part of your relationship search, you may want to check out Higher Bond. This brand new dating site for Christian singles is designed for those whose relationship with Jesus is at the heart of their relationship decisions.
Anyone who signs up now for Higher Bond will get a free 3-month premium membership with literally no obligations. If you’re a farmer who is Christian and wants someone who shares your beliefs, check out Higher Bond!
4. Christian Mingle – Best Second Option for Christian Farmers
Yes, we know that Christian Mingle’s homepage banner shows a beach and not a corn field, but that doesn’t mean it’s still not an amazing option to meet farmers. And while we only have anecdotal evidence, it does seem that a lot of farmer’s tend to be religious—especially of the Christian faith. For that reason, it just makes sense that a Christian dating app with over 15 million singles in the US makes the list of the best farmer dating sites! If you’re faith is important to you (and not just praying for rain), you can’t go wrong with Christian Mingle.
5. SilverSingles – Best for Senior Farmers
It’s no secret that farmers as a whole in America are getting a little older. According to the most recent Census of Agriculture, the average age of farmers in the US is 57.5, which is up about 1.2 years from the previous Census (5 years earlier). Because of this, it seems like a no-brainer that we should have an over 50 dating site on the list. If you fall into the majority of farmers who are in their later seasons, SilverSingles is going to be a great option for you, whether you just want friends, something casual, or serious dating.
6. Elite Singles – Best for Business-Minded Farmers
If you take a real professional approach to your farming, you may be just as much a businessman or businesswoman as you are a farmer. Trust us; we’ve seen more than our fair share of dirt under the fingernails in the boardroom (and we love it)! If that’s you, you may really like the singles that are on Elite Singles. The site boasts that 85% of its users hold an above-average form of education. And while this may favor more city-type folks, there are plenty of highly educated farmers out there—or at the very least, ones who find traditional education and success attractive. If we’re speaking your language, check out Elite Singles.
Table of Contents:
Why We Love These Farmer Dating Sites
There are quite a few reasons we’re so big on these farmer dating sites. Here are a few of the bigger reasons:
Single Farmers From All Corners of the United States
It’s no secret that most farms are in more rural areas. And with the average farm size being 441 acres, that just spreads things out even more. For that reason, the best farmers dating apps must have singles from all over the country—and lots of them. This means singles right down the road, a few farms over, or at least in the neighboring towns.
Memberships Priced Appropriately
Farmers 100% understand the importance of budgets and pricing, especially in the times of supply chain worries, inflation, and changes in how much the necessities to grow cost. For that reason, we think it’s important that the farmers dating sites we recommend are priced appropriately. This doesn’t mean that they’re going to be free farmers dating sites, though, because the drop-off in quality is just too steep. What it does mean is that they’re affordable and offer adequate value for what you’re paying. Generally, memberships range from around $10 per month to around $60 per month.
- Want to learn more about what farmer dating apps cost? Click here for full pricing breakdowns.
Easy to Use and Get Started
We already touched on the fact that farmers are busy. We don’t have to tell you that. Because of this, we want options that are easy to set up, don’t take hours to figure out, and can have you matched and meeting farmers in your area in no time. You may be a rock star with a John Deere, but computers and phones may not be your thing—and that’s okay. These farmer dating sites understand that and keep the process from being complicated.
Great Mobile Capabilities
While you may spend a lot of time on your farm or property, that doesn’t mean you spend a lot of time in one spot. And because of this, we think it’s only right that farmers dating apps cater to those needs. So, if you’re on the tractor, in the barn, or just sitting on your front porch sipping some sweet tea (yes, we’re from the south), then you should be able to meet and match with other farmers without having to get up from that comfy chair.
Farmers Only Dating Sites
If you’ve seen the commercials, you’ve probably heard of dating sites that are 100% dedicated to farmers. Things like Farmers Only or Love On the Farm, or whatever it is they’re called. While you might think that those sites are what you’re looking for, we’d disagree pretty strongly.
Look, we love the idea of dating sites dedicated 100% for single farmers. And we’ll even go as far as commending the sites that gave it a try. The problem? These sites are about as bare as a barn in a drought.
Chances are when you log in, there are going to be very few (if any) farmers in your area. These farmers dating sites would be incredible if they worked, but there are just too few people on them. What you’re much better off doing is using an online dating site with millions of people and then sorting by people that are farmers or that live in your area (where it’s probably mostly farmers anyways).
As a farmer, you understand the importance of planting seeds in fertile ground where you have the right resources to grow. The same is true about your love life.
Dating sites for farmers only are a great idea, but the resources (other singles) you need to grow your love life just aren’t there.
Instead, take advantage of more mainstream dating sites and use the filters and features to turn it into your own farmers only dating site. You’ll meet more people, have more success, and get way more out of your experience dating online.
That all being said, we do want to offer the most complete guide about farmers dating sites. For that reason, we’re going to share some of the more common sites that are only for farmers. Again, we aren’t really big on recommending most of these sites, but we wanted to include for the sake of the discussion.
- FarmersOnly.com – Probably the most well known site on the list is FarmersOnly.com. The main reason for this is that when the site launched in 2005, they went wild with spending on marketing and getting their name out there. The problem, though, is it looks like the effort and support has dropped over significantly over the years. Now? The website looks really outdated and just reminds us of a barn that’s been ignored for years because it hasn’t fallen over. The site may be worth checking out for you, but it’s a no for us.
- FarmersDatingSite.com – Over the past decade or so, we saw an absolutely explosion of cookie-cutter dating websites that had minimal features and were just created in mass. Unfortunately, that’s the vibe we get from this farmers only dating site. Additionally, the US-servicing website is based in the country of Cyprus, which we found a little odd and interesting. Again, though, this site isn’t one we’d put on our best of list.
- Farmers.singles – We have to at least give this farmers dating site kudos for having a really nice looking homepage image. Beyond that, though, we didn’t see a lot that got us too excited. They do appear to have a swiping-style feature (like Tinder) for finding quick matches. We wish they’d provide a little more information about their company and history so we could feel a little more secure when it comes to safety.
- Single Farmers Dating – This looks like a dating site trying to help people meet farmers all over the world. They also randomly have a ton of different domains that direct to the same website, which we found to be somewhat odd. The site also links to their social media profiles, which usually is a good sign for reputation. However, the links go absolutely nowhere, which could indicate they either forgot to link them or they just used a cookie cutter site and forgot to update. We couldn’t find their socials, so the odds of the second being the case are more likely.
Data on Single Farmers
One way to get a leg up on meeting another single farmer is to have a good lay of the land. If you’ve ever wondered what the community in the US looks like, we’re right there with you. What our team did was take the recent Agricultural Census data on the make up of the farming community and compare it with the percentage trends of singles for the entire population. While it’s not a perfect metric, it should give us a pretty good general idea of what the single farmer population looks like.
As of the most recent Census data, there are 3.4 million farmers in the United States. With an average of 50% of the US population being single (not married), that means that about 1.7 million farmers across the US are still single. Here’s what those numbers look like when we break things down by a few more metrics.
- 64% of farmers are male; 36% are female
- What is exciting is that from 2012 to 2017, we saw a 26.6% increase in the number of female farmers in the US.
- The age of the farm producing population:
- 8% < 35
- 58% 35-64 years old
- 34% 65+
- The ethnic makeup of the farm producing population:
- 95.4% White
- 3.0% Hispanic
- 1.7% American Indian/Alaska Native
- 1.3% Black
- 0.8% More than one race
- 0.6% Asian
- 0.1% Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander
This should give you a little insight into what dating as a farmer may look like. Expect to see more men than women, but that gap is shrinking as more women get involved in farming. Additionally, much of the population is going to be over the age of 35. And when it comes to diversity, it’s not really that diverse with over 95% of the farmers being white. If you’re interested in dating someone from a different culture, you may want to consider looking outside of just farmers only (which the options we suggested here allow you to do)!
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Dating Apps for Farmers
- Stick to the mainstream dating sites. – As we mentioned earlier, there are far too few single farmers on the dedicated dating sites. While it would be awesome to see a farmers only dating site with a ton of singles, it’s just not reality. Instead, use the mainstream sites where there are plenty of people that fit what you’re looking for.
- Learn to use the search and sorting functions. – As a farmer, you understand the important of knowing how to use your tools properly. When it comes to meeting farmers, learn to use the search and sorting functions. Because you’re using mainstream dating sites, there will be some city-slickers on there that don’t know what a sunrise looks like. If you learn to use the search and sorting functions, though, you can find and meet exactly what you’re looking for.
- Tell people you’re looking for a farmer. – Don’t be shy about what you’re looking for! If you don’t tell people you’re looking for other single farmers, then you might get inundated with messages from people that don’t match what you’re looking for. While the attention might feel nice, it’s just going to waste your time. Instead, fill out your dating profile in a way that tells people exactly who you are and what you’re looking for.
- Be open about your availability – If you happen to meet someone online who isn’t a farmer, that’s okay! You’ll want to be open with them about your lifestyle and time restrictions, though. It’s okay to be busy, and it’s okay to have a demanding job like being a farmer. But if you don’t share this with the singles you’re talking to, there’s no way for them to understand your lifestyle. When you don’t share the info, it may make them think you’re just not interested when it takes you a while to respond or to schedule a date.
Farmers Dating Site FAQ
What is the best farmers dating site?
The best farmers dating sites are traditional dating apps that allow you to sort by criteria to meet other farmers. The current best options are eHarmony, Zoosk, Christian Mingle, SilverSingles, and Elite Singles.
Is the Farmers Only dating site a good option?
While you can potentially have luck at any dating site, we’re not huge fans of super niche dating sites like Farmers Only. The reason? There are going to be too few singles in your area to have much luck. Instead, we prefer mainstream dating apps with the right filters to sift through and find what you’re looking for.
Do single farmers use online dating sites?
Yes! The fact that you’re here looking at options should be a great testament to that being true. Every month, thousands of single farmers search for dating apps and dating websites to help them meet other likeminded singles.
Is farmer dating hard?
Dating as a farmer can be tough. You work long hours, you’re secluded from large populations of people, and you may not have a lot of experience when it comes to dating. That’s all okay. Just because something is hard doesn’t mean it’s not possible. This is why we’re huge fans of farmers dating sites because they can help you save time, meet people who aren’t right next door, and help you find the love you’ve been seeking.
Is there a Tinder for farmers?
No, there is no Tinder for farmers. However, several dating apps that are great for meeting farmers do have swipe-style features you can take advantage of. For example, eHarmony has the What If feature, Zoosk has the Carousel feature, and Christian Mingle has the LookBook.
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, NBC, FOX, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.