The word ‘Elite’ means a lot of different things to a lot of different people, especially when you’re talking about dating apps. For some, it might mean the most expensive. For others, it might just mean dating sites with high-quality men and women. Or even for others, you might be looking for a particular app that has the word ‘Elite’ in the name.
Whichever one of those camps you fall into, we have the answers. This guide is going to breakdown all of the best dating apps for elite singles—whatever that may mean for you.
Top Elite Dating Apps
- Elite Singles – Top Pick for Elite Dating
- eHarmony – Best for Serious Relationships
- The League – Best Newer App
Yes, the list is short on purpose. Higher caliber and upper echelon dating apps are not as popular as you might think, mainly because they tend to attract smaller pools of singles.
Featured Pick – Elite Singles
If we had to guess, most of you are probably looking for the dating app Elite Singles. Maybe a friend mentioned it, or you heard it on a commercial but couldn’t quite remember the name. You knew it was Elite-something-or-other!
The app you’re looking for is one of the leading dating apps for singles looking for professional, mature, and educated men and women. The majority of the singles on the site have an above-average level of education or specialized training in a field. We’re talking college grads, doctors, lawyers, business professionals, medical workers, and more.
If you’re in your early 20s, it might not be the right site for you unless you like dating older. If you’re in your late 20s, 30s, or 40s—it’s the perfect dating app for you. If you want to know more before giving it a try, you can always check out this Elite Singles review for more info.
Other Exclusive Dating Apps
Some of you might be just interested in learning about some of the more exclusive and elite style dating apps out there. While these are fun to think about, they’re not really great for finding love because of smaller membership sizes.
Here are some of the dating apps that fit this definition of the word elite.
- Raya – This is a private, members only dating app that requires you to go through an extensive admissions process to get on. Once you fill out the application, it goes through an algorithmic review and then gets kicked to anonymous committee members around the world for approval.
- Luxy – This dating app is designed for wealthy people who fall into the category of millionaires. According to the company, 60% of the members have a verified annual income of over $200,000. If you’re looking for a sugar daddy dating app, Luxy isn’t for you.
What Makes a Dating App ‘Elite’?
This is a great question. Obviously, all dating apps should be striving to be the best they can be, but what separates an elite dating app out ahead of the pack? Well, the answer is that it can be several things, as the term may mean something different to different people. Let’s look at a few of the top reasons.
- The Site’s Name – A lot of people that are searching for ‘elite dating app’ are really looking for a specific dating app called Elite Singles. Luckily, this dating app also meets several of the other criteria for being in the higher-profile and higher tier, so it’s not just a coincidence of the same name.
- The Quality of the Members – When many people use the term elite dating, they’re referring to looking at a dating app with a higher caliber of people. Usually, this doesn’t just mean better people, but it more specifically means people that are more affluent, more influential, wealthier, or famous.
- The Quality of the Results – For some people, the term elite dating just means a site that’s going to deliver quality results. It means a site where they’re okay paying a few bucks extra to have better results. They might not be looking for a rich or famous person; they’re just looking for people who are going somewhere in life, have it somewhat together, and are on a platform that can handle the connections and introductions effectively an efficiently. eHarmony is a site that falls perfectly into this category of elite dating.
Sometimes when people talk about elite dating apps, they’re looking for the full VIP experience. If that’s you, you’re probably looking for a matchmaker. Matchmakers do all of the work for you when it comes to finding what you’re looking for. You meet, share some information about yourself, tell them what you’re looking for, and they go to work.
If you want some more information on options similar to this, check out our list of the best dating apps for busy business professionals.
Are Elite Dating Apps Worth It?
It really depends on what you’re looking for. If you’ve got a specific reason that you’re not okay being on a dating site with a lot of singles all over the spectrum, then yes, it will be worth it. But honestly, we think that might be a little pretentious.
What you should do instead (in our opinion), is join a dating site that is open to everyone but caters to more educated, more professional, and more interesting people. What you get is the best of both worlds. Even when you’re fishing for the best fish in the ocean you go where the most total fish are.
Here’s what we recommend. Start with Elite Singles. If that isn’t the right fit for you, we’ve got a great list of our top dating apps regularly updated. These are great resources to get you started the right way on your search for love or someone cool to hang out with.
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.