By: Jason Lee | Updated 2021
While you won’t hear about Christian dating apps in the scriptures, you’ve surely heard of them mentioned at church, during bible study, on social media, or from some of your friends. If you’ve never used Christian dating apps before, though, you may have a lot of questions. In this guide, we’re going to look at the best Christian dating sites out there, answer your burning Christian dating questions, and give you some tips and resources to get set up for religious online dating success!
The Top 9 Christian Dating Sites
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#1||eHarmony||Free Trial||Best Overall for Relationships|
|#2||Christian Mingle||Free Trial||Best for 100% Faith Focused|
|#3||Zoosk||Free Trial||Best for More Casual Dating|
|#4||Christian Cafe||Free Trial||Best Christian-Owned Site|
|#5||Big Church||Free Trial||Best for Christian Friends First|
|#6||SilverSingles||Free Trial||Best for 50+ Aged Christians|
|#7||Elite Singles||Free Trial||Best for Young Professionals|
|#8||Christian Cupid||Free Trial||Best for Cupid Network|
|#9||Catholic Match||Free Trial||Best for Catholic Singles|
Comparing the Top Christian Dating Sites
|Site||Founded||Monthly Visitors||% U.S. Traffic||# of U.S. Visitors (Monthly)||Profiles Viewed Per Visit|
eHarmony – Best Christian Dating Site (Top Pick)
Just because an online dating site is not 100% only for Christians does not mean that it can’t be an incredible resource for Christian singles. The perfect example of what we’re talking about is none other than the famous eHarmony.
This Christian dating site is responsible for more marriages than any other app on the planet, which should grab your attention. According to the site, someone finds love on the site every 14 minutes!
eHarmony has some powerful sorting and matching algorithms that make it one of the best Christian dating apps on the planet. The site asks you what your denomination is and how important that is to you. Additionally, expect to answer a lot of other questions about faith, values, ethics, and the other factors that make up who you are as a Christian.
And here’s the best part…eHarmony doesn’t just ask those questions for fun or just to put them on your profile. The app uses your answers in its highly-proven algorithm to find the perfect matches for you. Because of this, it should be no surprise that eHarmony is one of our top Christian dating apps by a long ways.
If you’re serious about finding Christian love and eventually marriage, you have got to check out eHarmony right now.
- Available on App Store (iOS)? Yes
- Available on Google Play? Yes
- App Store Rating – 4.0/5.0 (4.8k reviews)
- Google Play Rating – 2.7/5.0 (38k reviews)
- 5,000,000+ Google Play Installs
2. Christian Mingle – Best for 100% Faith-Focused Pool of Singles
When it comes to the industry-leader in the religious dating realm, it’s really close between two sites — Christian Mingle and eHarmony. Both sites offer an incredible app platform to help you find the faith-focused relationship you’re looking for.
But because Christian Mingle is 100% focused on Christians (and the fact it’s in the company name), it edges out eHarmony by a hair.
Christian Mingle is part of the powerful Spark Network of dating sites and has been helping Christian singles find love since the early 2000’s. The site has an impressive network of over 15 million singles, which further solidifies its position as one of the best Christian dating apps.
Once you create an account, you can put a lot of information about your faith, your denomination, and what’s most important to you in your daily life and spiritual life.
Here are the current membership costs for Christian Mingle.
- Available on App Store (iOS)? Yes
- Available on Google Play? Yes
- App Store Rating: 3.7/5.0 (17.6k reviews)
- Google Play Rating:1.8/5.0 (8.5k reviews)
- 1,000,000+ Google Play Installs
3. Zoosk – Best Christian Dating App for More Casual Dating
With over three million messages sent daily, there’s no worries about whether or not the Christian singles on Zoosk are active. And according to the Zoosk homepage, there are currently 40 million singles on the site, which means plenty of men and women to choose from.
Now, it’s important to point out that Zoosk is not solely a Christian dating site. The site does cater to people from all faith groups, as well as secular singles who aren’t interested in a faith-based relationship.
But here’s the good news. Number one—this dating app is packed with plenty of Christian singles. Number two—the site comes with a robust suite of features to help you weed out the people you’re not interested in and dial in on the singles looking to build a relationship based around Christianity.
- Available on App Store (iOS)? Yes
- Available on Google Play? Yes
- App Store Rating: 4.3/5.0 (69.4k reviews)
- Google Play Rating:3.6/5.0 (601k reviews)
- 10,000,000+ Google Play Installs
4. Christian Café – Best Christian-Owned Dating Site
The dating website Christian Café has been in the game since 1999. With over two decades of experience in the dating game, it’s certainly an attractive option to consider. The one drawback to the site that we’d like to see is a graphics and layout facelift. Overall, the functionality is easy, the members are great, and it’s not hard to get started on there. It just looks a little like the early 2000’s.
But in reality, that won’t have that big of an effect on your Christian singles search. Chances are low that when you and your future wife or husband are reminiscing about how you met, no one’s going to say, “Honey, remember how slightly dated that site looked.” You’ll just be happy that you met.
At the very least, we highly recommend hoping over to Christian Café and at least running some searches in your area to see what you find. You might be pleasantly surprised!
5. Big Church – Best Christian Dating App for Friends First
From the makers of FriendFinder comes a Christian dating app that’s been around for a long time just like Christian Café. Because of the affiliation with FriendFinder, it’s no surprise that the Big Church dating app promotes itself as a way to make new Christian friendships. If you’re looking for love and marriage, though, don’t worry. The site also talks about connecting Christian singles to experience romance and find love online.
Much like with Christian Cafe, we recommend jumping in with the free trial linked here and doing some test searches. If you don’t see anything you like, no harm, no foul. If you do, though, you can start to connect! Go ahead and
6. Silver Singles – Best Senior-Focused Dating App for Christians
Most of the other Christian dating sites in this guide work great for middle-aged and senior singles. But maybe you’re looking for an option that specifically caters to older men and women? If you are, then Silver Singles is certainly the option that should be at the top of your list. The site is extremely easy to use for people who might not be great with technology, comes with a super helpful support team, and is only for singles 50 years of age or older.
Now, much like some of the other options on our list of the best Christian dating apps, this one is not 100% aimed at faith-based relationships. But with the search features and the robust profile options, it’s easy to find like-minded Christian singles looking for people just like you. Go ahead and
7. Elite Singles – Best Christian Dating App for Young Professionals
A great option for Christian singles looking for young professionals is Elite Singles. Here are the highlights. Elite Singles gets just under 400,000 new members every month, 85% of the members hold an above-average education, and the majority of the members are in their 30s or older.
Just to be clear, the site isn’t a Christian dating app only, but a quick search of the members shows there are tons of Christian singles ready to meet. Want to see for yourself? We think that’s a great idea 🙂
8. Christian Cupid – Best New Christian Dating Site
If you’ve been around online dating for a while, then you may be familiar with the Cupid family of dating apps. The company is one of the leaders in niche dating websites where they cater to specific demographics or interest groups. The latest creation from Cupid Group? Christian Cupid. We think the site is rather small at this point, but it’s really affordable and somewhere you can head over and search around before you decide to sign up.
9. Catholic Match – Best for Catholic Singles
We’re not going to get into the theoretical discussion of whether or not Catholics fall under the umbrella of Christians or not, but we are going to offer an awesome dating app option for Catholic singles. Catholic Match is backed by many leaders of the Catholic Church, has a very faith-based approach to dating, and is a must try for anyone looking for more options outside of the guys and gals you meet at Mass!
The Editor’s Favorites for Christian Singles
“I am a big fan of Christian Mingle because it’s super-focused on Christians only, but it’s hard for me not to pick eHarmony as my favorite. The site does an incredible job of getting quality Christian singles and helping to match people based on the importance of their faith. For me, I’d have to say both if you can afford it and have the time, but eHarmony if you only want to pick one Christian app.”
– Jason Lee, Chief Editor of Best Online Dating
“My favorite Christian dating app is Christian Mingle. It’s so easy to use and has people looking for serious relationships and looking to take it slow. If you’re really serious about finding someone to marry, though, eHarmony is always a winner.”
– Christina Anne, Contributing Writer
Table of Contents: More Christian Dating Site Resources
- Comparing Christian Dating Sites
- Reasons These Are the Best Christian Dating Apps
- Benefits of Online Dating for Christian Singles
- Is Everyone a Christian That Uses Online Dating Sites?
- What Denominations Can Use Christian Dating Apps?
- What Are the Most Popular Christian Dating Sites?
- Does God Approve of Christian Dating Apps?
- Tips for Finding the Right Christian Dating App for You
Comparing Christian Dating Sites
Stuck between one or the other? Trying to figure out which Christian dating app or website is best for you? We totally get that. And since there are lots of things that might make the difference, we put together this table to help. It looks at all of the quick yet important details you may want to know to decide where to start your journey. Oh, and of course we’ve included free trial links so you can check things out.
|Site||Founded||Size||Christian Only?||Starting Price (Mo.)||iOS App?||Android App?|
|eHarmony||Free Trial||2000||29 million||No||$35.90||Yes||Yes|
|Christian Mingle||Free Trial||2001||15 million||Yes||$12.99||Yes||Yes|
|Zoosk||Free Trial||2007||40 million||No||$12.49||Yes||Yes|
|Christian Café||Free Trial||1999||Not Public||Yes||$8.33||No||No|
|Big Church||Free Trial||2000||Not Public||Yes||$9.99||No||No|
|SilverSingles||Free Trial||1997||Not Public||No||$19.95||Yes||Yes|
|Elite Singles||Free Trial||2009||Not Public||No||$44.95||Yes||Yes|
Additional vs. Resources
- eHarmony vs. Christian Mingle
- Christian Mingle vs. Match
- Christian Mingle vs. Christian Café
- Elite Singles vs. eHarmony
- eHarmony vs. Zoosk
4 Reasons These Are the Best Christian Dating Apps
1. Faith-Based Approach to Finding Love
Many of these Christian dating apps are set up for only Christians. That makes it easy. But the apps that allow people from all walks of life need to have an effective way for you to sort matches and only see people that line up with your faith. Thankfully, everything we have recommended here meets that mark.
2. Plenty of Active Christian Singles
While you’re only looking for that one special person, the sheer odds of finding them online go up when use the top Christian dating apps. Each of these apps has been tested (and is constantly retested) by our team to make sure there are plenty of active Christian singles for you to meet.
3. Top of the Line App Technology
As you’ll see when we answer the question, “Does God approve of Christian dating apps?” that there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of technology in the right way. Each of these dating apps has the best tech in the industry that will help you find Mr. or Mrs. Right.
4. Wholesome Safety Measures and Precautions
While we can’t shield ourselves from all of the negative of the world, there are situations where we can avoid some of that ugliness. When we select the best Christian dating apps, we look for apps that have systems and procedures in place to keep you safe.
Benefits of Online Dating for Christian Singles
You Can Only Meet So Many People at Church
The most obvious place to find Christian singles who hold the same values and views on faith as you is at your church. However, the dating pool of singles there might be small. Maybe you go to a smaller church, or maybe the singles ministry isn’t big (or doesn’t exist yet)? And even if the dating pool is big, you might go to different services as someone that you could be interested in.
Christian online dating sites help to change this by expanding your reach. Instead of being limited to single men and women who go to your church or your service, you can now connect with people from different services and from all over your city, state, or the globe (if you want). You never know when the guy or gal you’re looking for is a few blocks over at a different church or is even at the same church but just goes to a later or earlier service!
Have More Dating Success by Talking Dealbreakers Right Away
Even if you’re the same denomination as another Christian single, it doesn’t always mean you have the same views and goals for your life. For example, maybe you want to have children, but someone else doesn’t. Or maybe you think it’s important to go to church every Sunday, but someone else is a bit more casual with church attendance.
Thanks to the profile settings, search parameters, and matching technology, online Christian dating apps help you to find people that see the world and their faith the same as you. Instead of having to guess where someone stands on major issues or going on dates with someone you’ll never be compatible with, you can greatly increase your success rate simply.
Go At Your Own Pace
Sometimes Christian singles can feel a lot of pressure to find love fast. Whether that pressure is coming from your parents, your family, your friends, your small group members, or even the pastor—it can get you stressed out. With the best Christian dating websites, you can be engaged in the process but at your own pace. If people start giving you a hard time, you can let them know that you’re actively looking, which can alleviate a lot of the pressure.
If you want to go quickly and dedicate a lot of time to the process, great! If you want to take things slowly and meet other Christian singles on your schedule, also great!
Challenges of Using Christian Online Dating Sites
While we’re huge proponents of using the online realm to find faith-focused love, there are some challenges you should be aware of. The key to having success dating online as a Christian single is fully understanding the process, so you can be prepared.
- It’s not a magic solution. – Some people think that all they have to do is sign up for a Christian dating app and they’ll find the man or woman of their dreams in five minutes without putting in any effort. This isn’t the case. While online dating apps are incredibly effective, you still have to do your part. This includes things like fully filling out your profile, sending out messages, responding to singles who show interest in you and being patient with the process.
- Not everyone online is a Christian. – If you choose a more mainstream dating app (which is totally fine), you’re going to be on a dating app with people who aren’t Christians. And if your faith is important to you, you’ll have to be prepared to tell people who don’t share the same views on God that you’re not interested. If you’re not firm in your religious convictions, this could be a challenge when you start to get some attention.
- Not everyone is at the same point in their Christian walk. This really isn’t a drawback by any means, but it’s something we want to mention. Be prepared to meet Christian singles at all different points in their walk. You’ll find some Christians who have been in the church for decades. You’ll also find some Christian singles who are brand new in their walk. Is this a bad thing? Absolutely not! We just want to make sure you’re aware of this and are prepared to share where you are and who you’re comfortable dating.
Is Everyone a Christian That Uses Online Dating Sites?
No, not everyone who uses online dating websites is a Christian. In fact, not everyone who uses Christian-only dating apps is a Christian. There are no tests, requirements, or validation that someone who joins a faith-focused dating website has the same views on religion as you.
The good news is that the best Christian dating websites are predominantly made up of people on the same faith walk as you, but it’s just not 100%.
What Denominations Can Use Christian Dating Apps?
Any denomination that identifies as Christian can utilize these dating apps. In fact, many Christian dating apps also offer services to Jewish singles and Catholic singles, who sometimes are and sometimes aren’t technically classified as Christians. But if you’re Methodist, Baptist, Episcopalian, non-denominational, or any one of the other denominations out there—these apps are for you.
What Are the Most Popular Christian Dating Sites?
The two most popular Christian dating sites are Christian Mingle and eHarmony. Technically, eHarmony isn’t a 100% faith-focused dating site and does offer services to secular singles. However, it does have an incredibly high percentage of Christian singles who use the app, so we include it as an option in our calculations.
Additionally, each Christian dating app out there serves a slightly different crowd. While the goal is always to help you find faith-driven love, many websites go about it differently. Here’s our top rankings with what each dating site is best known for.
- eHarmony – Best Christian Dating Site for Finding Marriage
- Christian Mingle – Best for 100% Faith-Focused Pool of Singles
- Zoosk – Best Christian Dating App for More Casual Dating
- Christian Café – Best Christian-Owned Dating Site
- Big Church – Best Christian Dating App for Friends First
- Silver Singles – Best Senior-Focused Dating App for Christians
- Elite Singles – Best Christian Dating App for Young Professionals
- Christian Cupid – Best New Christian Dating Site
- Catholic Match – Best for Catholic Singles
Does God Approve of Christian Dating Apps?
If this question didn’t cross your mind, you might be surprised to learn how often we hear it. Many people (and understandably so) want to know if God approves of Christian dating apps. While we’re not going to try and speak for the almighty himself, we will offer our interpretation and opinion on the matter. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. If you do need more clarification or a second opinion, you can always reach out to a pastor or faith leader in your church.
In our humble opinion, we feel that when used properly, Christian dating apps can be a powerful, God-approved tool to find that special someone. What do we mean by used properly? We mean that you use the app for the wholesome search for the faith-focused relationship God intends for you to find.
If you were building a house, would God be mad at you for using a shovel? Probably not. If you were trying to keep pests out of your yard, would God be mad at you for using a fence? Again, probably not. The point we are trying to make here is that God doesn’t get upset when we use tools to help us accomplish his will.
Now, if you were using that shovel to hit your neighbor over the head, that might be a different story. In our opinion, it all comes down to intent and the proper use of the tools we’ve created. Remember, God gave us brains to be thinking creatures and to innovate. As long as you aren’t using Christian dating apps to look for hookups, meet non-Christian singles, or do something that gets in the way of your relationship with God — you should be good to go.
Tips for Finding the Right Christian Dating App for You
- Take advantage of the notification features. Each of these Christian dating apps can notify you when someone flirts with you, likes a photo, reads your message, or responds to a message you sent. You’ll need to set up the notifications in your phone’s settings, though.
- It’s okay to join multiple Christian dating apps. If you have the time and the resources, there is nothing wrong with joining multiple sites. You may see some familiar faces on different apps, but you will also see a lot of Christian singles that are only on one platform.
- Set your preferences properly. Even if you are using one of the 100% Christian dating apps like Christian Mingle, you still need to set your preferences of what you’re looking for. This becomes even more important on dating sites like eHarmony that cater to Christians and secular people. Things you can set on your profile include:
- Your denomination
- How often you attend church
- What you’re looking for in a Christian relationship
- Pray. Just because you are using technology does not mean you should abandon what works the best. Before you use an online dating app for Christians, pray about it. Let God lead your search with the help of the dating apps.
What is the best Christian dating app?
The best Christian dating app does depend a lot on what you are looking for. If you are looking for marriage seriously, then go with eHarmony. If you want to take things a little slower, you might want to try Christian Mingle.
What is the most popular Christian dating site?
Christian Mingle is the most popular Christian-only dating website. eHarmony is a much larger site (and may have more Christians), but it’s hard to say for sure.
Are there any real Christian dating sites?
Yes! There are plenty of real Christian dating sites. You still have to use your best judgement and filter through the people that don’t match your interests. Much like a church, there are people dating online that are in different parts of their walks with Christ.
Are these Christian dating apps safe?
We will never recommend a Christian dating app that we don’t think is safe. That being said, it’s the internet and you still need to observe some basic safety principles to keep the experience safe.
Written By: Jason Lee
Jason Lee is a data analyst with a passion for studying online dating, relationships, personal growth, healthcare, and finance. In 2008, Jason earned a Bachelors of Science from the University of Florida, where he studied business and finance and taught interpersonal communication.
His work has been featured in the likes of The USA Today, MSN, The Motley Fool, Net Health, and The Simple Dollar. As a business owner, relationship strategist, dating coach, and officer in the U.S. military, Jason enjoys sharing his unique knowledge base with the rest of the world.