Dating after 60 might not even cross the minds of a lot of seniors. You may think your time to find a relationship has come and gone. Well, rest assured, there are other seniors out there looking for partners like you. A happy, lasting relationship is not out of your reach if you know where to look!
We don’t want you to waste your time researching apps and spending money of dating platforms that don’t work for you. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best dating sites for seniors over 60.
You don’t have to be technically savvy to find love. Read on to find out more.
1. Silver Singles
- Free trial available to test the waters
- Site made just for seniors so no worries about ageism
- The app is easy and fun to use
If you are considering dating after 60, you don’t want to miss out on Silver Singles. The app is easy to use, which makes it ideal for users with little computer experience. You can sign up for a free trial and fill out the personality evaluation to get a feel for what the site has to offer. This app is at the top of our list of the best dating sites for seniors over 60 because it has shown year after year how effective it is at matching singles with the perfect partner.
The Bottom Line – If you want the app that has the best features and amenities specifically catered to singles over 60, Silver Singles is for you.
- Focuses on long-term relationships and marriages
- Utilizes a personality test to make finding compatible singles easy
- Premium membership starts at $10/month
eHarmony is one of the biggest names in online dating. While it isn’t intended exclusively for dating after 60, this app uses in-depth personality assessment and your age, religion, and cultural preferences to introduce you to the best matches for you. There is a large user base of singles over 60, so you don’t need to worry about finding matches that understand where you are in life. eHarmony knows you don’t have time to waste dealing with flings or wishy-washy partners. That’s why their dating environment is for those seeking long-term companionship.
The Bottom Line – If you want the best in matchmaking technology and a large pool of singles of all ages, eHarmony has what you need.
I’m Not Good with Technology. Are These Dating Sites for Seniors Over 60 Hard to Use?
These dating sites for seniors over 60 are easy to use. In fact, if you were able to open and read this article, you can definitely sign up for either of these apps. The process is fast, and each step is simple to understand. If you are ready to get signed up with either app, follow the instructions below.
How to Get Signed Up for a Dating Site for Dating After 60
1. Pick out the right senior dating site for you.
Now that you have an idea of what each of these sites have to offer, it is time for you to pick which is the best option for you. If you want a senior-exclusive community with easy-to-use features – try out Silver Singles. If you are open to a wider range of dating ages or are interested in a scientifically created matching system – try out eHarmony. You really can’t go wrong with either choice.
2. Create your free trial account.
Once you know which site you want to use, follow the link to their website to sign up for a free trial. To do this, fill in the basic information the app asks for. This may include your email, gender, and the gender you are seeking.
Be certain to use an email you can easily access because that is how the app will verify your account later on.
3. Make your profile and start looking at other singles in your area.
Depending on which app you choose, you will need to complete your profile in different ways. eHarmony, for example, asks for your personal information, dating preferences, and then issues you a personality test to help match you to singles with like-minded personalities and interests.
The app will tell you what information is required of you and which is optional. Once you fill out the required information you are free to look at singles in your area! However, we highly recommend you fill out every portion of the profile because it will help other singles get a better feel for who you are.
4. Upgrade to a paid account if you like what you see.
If you are enjoying the free trial and want to access all the features of your chosen app, you need to sign up for a paid membership. At silver singles the prices start as low as 37.95 for six months. At eHarmony, prices start at $10/month paid annually. Each app will then give you access to advanced features like:
- Enhanced messaging
- Monitoring profile views
- Unlimited user profile access
- And more
How Dating Over 60 is Different
- Age Doesn’t Matter as Much – When you were 30 years old, the idea of dating a 20-year-old likely filled you with dread. However, dating over 60 makes those age gaps irrelevant. A 65-year-old and a 75-year-old are typically on the same wavelength and have no issues relating to one another.
- Companionship Becomes Your Main Goal – You are far less worried with getting married and having a big wedding when you are dating after 60. Instead, you want someone who offers companionship and loyalty, but without all the need for ceremony.
- Your Relationship Needs Change– What you want in a relationship after 60 is far different than when you were in your 20’s and 30’s.
- You Have a More Mature View of Priorities in a Relationship – After decades of experience, you know that a relationship can be satisfying and healthy without constantly focusing on your partner or being with them. You will likely both have familial responsibilities that take up some of your time and attention, and that’s completely okay!
Written By: Brandi Brown
Brandi Brown is a daytime copywriter and nighttime novelist. Her projects range from marketing content and commercial scripts all the way to narrative poetry and short fiction. Her debut novel, Bleached, is set to release in 2021.