We’re not sure when it happened, but somewhere over the past however many years, society decided that height was some super important factor in gauging someone’s romantic worth.
Frankly, we think it’s silly. There are plenty of short guys and tall guys that are amazing, and there are plenty of short guys and tall guys that are complete turds. The same goes for women.
Now, just because height isn’t an issue to us doesn’t mean that everyone in the world feels the same way. And if you find yourself dating a taller woman or interested in dating a taller woman, you may have questions and concerns about what to expect. More importantly, you may have questions about how to make the relationship work.
We’re going to dig into all of that today.
Table of Contents:
Where to Meet a Tall Woman
There are probably two groups of people here. One group are people who are dating or considering dating a taller woman and are concerned about the issues that it may create. The other group are people who find taller women attractive and are interested in how to meet them and how to make a relationship work!
If you’re in the first group, the entire rest of this guide is for you. If you’re in that second group and want to know how to meet a taller woman, this section is for you.
Here’s a list of some of the best places to meet a taller woman.
Online Dating Sites for Taller Woman
No, there are no niche dating apps like supertallwomen.com or plentyoftallfish.com. It would be nice, but it’s not the case. What there are, though, are dating apps with a lot of quality single women where height is showcased on profiles (and may also be searchable). Here are some of the best dating sites for taller women that you can try right now.
|Rank||Site||Free Trial Link|
|#2||Higher Bond||Free Trial|
|#3||Elite Singles||Free Trial|
|#5||Christian Mingle||Free Trial|
|#6||The League||Free Trial|
Sports Leagues and Teams
For men, the taller you are, the better you generally are at certain sports where height is an advantage. The same is true for women. If you’re looking for taller women, consider going to places where these height-sensitive sports are being played. The biggest sports to consider are volleyball, basketball, track and field, and lacrosse. There are other sports as well, but these are the biggest.
And to find where these sports are played? There are professional leagues, recreational leagues, college teams, and even hobbyist at local parks and such. Open your eyes for opportunities, and you should have some luck.
Yes, the pun is intended here. When you’re out and about, look up for taller women. Much like shorter women, they do things like go to the gym, go to the grocery store, and literally everything else that women of other heights do. If you open your eyes when you’re out on the town, you may notice that there are a lot more tall women walking around.
How to Make a Taller Woman Like You
If you’re a shorter guy looking to make a taller woman like you, awesome! Maybe you have a special lady in mind or you’re just into taller women? Whatever the case, here are a few tips to help you tip the scales in your favor.
- Don’t make height a big deal. – Just because other people in the world make height such a big deal doesn’t mean you should. Honestly, you’re best not drawing any attention to the height disparity. If you don’t make it an issue, the chances are way higher she won’t even think about it.
- Be confident. – We’re not talking about being obnoxiously confident where people start calling you out for a “Napoleon Complex.” What we are saying, though, is be confident in who you are, how you look, and what you’re doing with your life. There is so much more to you than how tall you are. If you act like there’s something wrong with you, she’ll treat you that way. If you act confident but not cocky, it will go a long way.
- Choose dates wisely. – While we think you should be loud and proud about who you are, it may be something you want to ease in, especially if you’re worried the girl might not be a fan of shorter guys. What you can do to accomplish this is pick dates that don’t showcase height. For example, dates where you’re sitting down are a great idea (coffee, drinks, food, etc). If you go hiking or something more active where you’re upright and your height may cause an issue, it will make a bigger issue out of it earlier.
Benefits of Dating Taller Women
Guess what? While we don’t think height is a big deal at all, that doesn’t mean you don’t get to cash in on the perks that come with dating a taller woman! To get you excited and motivated, here are a few of the benefits you can expect:
- It’s A Power Move – Handled correctly, walking into a room with the tallest woman for miles places you at a high level of perceived confidence and interest among the crowd. Is she a model? Is he a baller? Everyone will want to know your story.
- Nobody Wants To Fight Her – You won’t have to protect your girl from drunk women just because she accidentally shoulder bumped one of them. Smaller women tend to be more forgiving when towered over by someone that looks like an Amazonian warrior.
- Clothes – She will still “borrow” your clothes, but at least she won’t be swimming in your hoodies at home and tossing them aside as soon as she leaves the house. Depending on her size, you might also get a chance to swipe a couple of hers. Don’t sleep on the power of the double wardrobe.
- Good Posture – Even the most confident men have to admit that you tend to stand up a little more straight around her when your girlfriend is taller.
- Legs For Days – If you’re a legs guy, then those model thighs will drive you crazy. Not to mention the cuddles are better as well. You two will be wrapped around each other snug as a bug in a rug.
- No Reaching – The short girlfriend struggle is real. Anyone who has dated a smaller woman knows at least 20% of your job is reaching things that she can’t.
Challenges That Come With Dating a Woman Taller Than You
This guide would not exist if there weren’t some challenges that come with dating a taller woman. Society loves to hate and unfortunately, this is one of the areas they do it. Not to get you down, but here are a few of those challenges. And don’t worry—after we share these challenges, we’ll talk in the next section about how to ignore and overcome them.
- Society Sucks – As mentioned, society loves to make a big deal out of this when in reality, it doesn’t matter at all. As much as we wish we could control society, we can’t. Just be prepared to get some stares and comments that you probably won’t appreciate.
- The Anti-Power Move – Handled incorrectly, a taller woman can be your worst nightmare. If you let yourself feel belittled by her height, it’s a constant emasculation that will never go away; and yes, it will be used against you in arguments. We’ll address this heavily in the next section about how to overcome.
- Her Insecurities – Obviously, there is a bit of a stigma around dating a man shorter than you. You could very well be her first. If this is the case, then it’s an obstacle that you might have to overcome.
- Dancing – Don’t think that you’ll just be able to start booty poppin’ on the dance floor. You two will have to figure out a sweet spot. Until you get a feel for the right stances to put yourselves in, you’re going to find yourself in awkward positions that leave you suffocating with your face buried in her clavicle.
- Spooning – I’m not going to lie to you; the symmetry is all off when it comes to this. It’s just something you’re going to have to deal with until you get comfortable with it. Maybe you should try being the little spoon for a while.
Tips for Dating a Taller Woman
Now that we’ve laid out some of the challenges of dating a taller woman, how do we overcome them? What steps can we take to make this situation not a situation at all but a happy relationship? Here are some helpful tips.
You need to be completely secure in your manhood to pull this relationship off. People WILL talk and stare. You might have to stand on your tippy-toes a little to kiss, but that’s fine. There will be times when she’ll want to wear heels to look cute for you, ultimately dooming you to an evening of even more stares. Deal with it and embrace it; it’s about you two and no one else.
There’s No Real Difference
The best mindset for you to have is that she’s no different than any other girl you’ve dated, because it’s true. Just because she could ride the adult rides at Disney World a little sooner than you could doesn’t make her any more or less of a normal female. The problems come when you treat her height like it’s a big deal.
Compliment Her Height
Some women feel empowered by their stature, but it can also be a point of insecurity. Growing up taller than everyone can be awkward, especially in middle school. Be sure to remind her that you like it every once in a while. It’ll score you major points.
Address the Haters When You Have To
Ignoring people who stare or make jokes is often the best strategy. However, when people close to you (or not close to you) won’t stop, you may have to address the problem. Be direct and let them know you don’t appreciate the comments. If they still won’t stop, remove them from your life because they clearly care more about jokes than your feelings.
It’s a “Them” Problem
While on the topic of haters, it’s important to point out that their comments and hate are probably coming from their own insecurities and jealousy. They want to be with her, but you are. And because they’re so insecure about that, they end up dealing with it through teasing and awkward stares. Revel in the jealousy!
She Might Not Be Worth It
If there’s a taller woman you’re interested in who doesn’t want to date you because you’re shorter, great! Wait, what? Why is that great? It’s great because you found out that she’s shallow and not worth your time before you wasted any of it on her. Sure, there’s nothing wrong with knowing what you want and being attracted to different things. But if a girl cares more about height than she does about how awesome you are, then she isn’t worth another second of your time.
Tall Woman Dating FAQ
Do guys care if a girl is taller?
Yes, many guys do. Some men simply prefer the tiny figure of a person smaller than them. Others tend to be intimidated by someone towering over them. In either case, a secure man wouldn’t let something like that discourage him. If she’s attractive and has a great personality, there should be no problem.
Do men like tall girls?
Yes, some men prefer it. The tall women fetish is alive and well on the hub. However, not all men are so open to it. It’s something that takes getting used to, but you know what they say; once you go tall, you might as well ball.
What is considered very tall for a woman?
Around the 5’9″ mark is where you’d generally start to be considered “Tall” as a woman. That may vary depending on the height of the guy.
Is it okay to date a taller woman?
It’s great! I encourage it. Tall women bring a different dimension into the dating life that you don’t get with other girls, especially if she’s taller than you. Every outing, date, and interaction is more interesting because of the model sized beauty beside you.
Where can I find a taller woman to date?
Athletic women in basketball, volleyball, tennis, and other sports tend to be taller. Online dating sites like Elite Singles will pair you with other athletic types. If you’re not into sports yourself, then sometimes there is a filter on dating sites that will allow you to single out the women who consider themselves athletes.