Whew – where do we even start with these two awesome dating sites! Welcome Christian Mingle vs Match: two of the best known online dating sites with really quality, attractive and interesting singles to choose from. But which option is right for you? How do you know which site to join?
Well, we got you! Read on below to take a dive into everything you need to know about the matchup of Christian Mingle vs. Match. We’ll talk feature differences, pricing, members, and who each option could be best suited for.
Key Differences Between Christian Mingle and Match
- An obvious difference is the religious focus in the forefront on Christian Mingle, while Match has a great diverse community of mature singles with many (or no) religious practice. If you’re looking for a faith-focused relationship, you’re going to love Christian Mingle. If you’re not, though, you’re better off trying out Match or one of the other amazing dating apps we’re fans of.
- Match is good for people who want casual or serious relationships. Christian Mingle is more focused on helping to connect people and build committed relationships. If you’re looking for something serious, you may not be a fan of dealing with casual daters on Match.com.
- With Christian Mingle, you get all of the available features with every premium plan. With Match.com, you’ll have to decide between which plan you want, as you don’t get everything with the entry level option.
Here’s the bottom line.
- If you’re a Christian single looking for a serious, faith-focused relationship, Christian Mingle beats our Match any day.
- If you’re not interested in a Christian relationship or are looking for casual dating, you can either check out Match or try one of the app options we linked above.
Christian Mingle vs. Match Feature Comparison
- Match has slightly more robust profiles for people who want a little more in-depth. Christian Mingle keeps it a bit simpler, but still has a ton of opportunities for singles to express themselves.
- Both sites have around 80% of their traffic coming from the U.S. As a mainstream dating site (all faiths), Match.com has a higher level of traffic of about 6.8 million monthly visitors. As a niche site, Christian Mingle has around 200k monthly visitors on average, which is leading amongst most Christian-only dating sites.
- The dating experience on both sites is fairly comparable and follows a traditional “search and find” option. In other words, you create your profile, get sent matches, and are free to search through the available singles in your area at your own pace.
- Christian Mingle has a swipe-style dating feature called the LookBook. It’s like the dating app Tinder, except it focuses more on the information from your profile. If you and someone else show mutual interest, it lets you know!
Written By: Matthew J. Seymour, MSF
Matthew J. Seymour is a dating industry expert with over a decade of experience coaching singles, reviewing dating apps, and analyzing trends within the industry. Matt is a published author with his most recent work “Get More Dates: How to Master Online Dating Apps” that hit shelves in 2023. With a Masters of Science in Finance (MSF) degree from the University of Florida and extensive knowledge of the innerworkings of the online dating industry, Matt frequently serves in an advisory role to some of the largest dating apps on the market. In Matt’s current role with Healthy Framework, he leads the interview team that regularly interviews key dating industry leaders, and leverages his financial knowledge and dating app experience to review and share what singles need to know to get the most out of dating online.