Badoo has been around the block in the online dating world. They’ve been around since 2006 and have grown with the changing demand in the world of singles. Now, they do their best to create a free platform where users can find real connections.
They also offer a premium membership where experienced digital daters can stretch their legs and try out some advanced features. The way you play is totally up to you. It all comes down to how much you are willing to spend!
Badoo Membership Cost
|Membership Type||Membership Length||Membership Cost|
The Best Paid Badoo Feature – Favorites
Most dating apps let you add profiles to your favorites. This is a great way to organize your matches based on how they impress you. Badoo takes it even further.
With a premium Badoo membership, you can actually see who has added you to their favorites list! This can help you pinpoint your target to members who are actually interested in you. Theoretically, this can greatly reduce the time it takes to meet a great match.
Why Does Badoo Have so Many Membership Lengths?
Badoo offers a variety of membership lengths ranging from a week to a lifetime. They even used to offer a daily membership, although their partnership with Google Play caused them to discontinue that option.
The reason they offer so many options is so that people can adjust their membership so they are getting the most bang for their buck. For some, the monthly option is best while a lifetime membership may be better for others. Deciding which is best for you comes down to considering the pros and cons.
The Pro of Signing up for Long-term Badoo Membership Plans
Many premium dating apps offer a variety of payment plans. The most common variety includes a single monthly payment or a plan that costs more but covers multiple months of membership. Badoo is no exception.
With Badoo, you can pay a small amount every week, a moderate amount each month, or a large amount for 6 months. The amount can feel like a lot, but when you break it down you are actually paying less for each day of use.
Badoo even has the added benefit of offering a one-time, lifetime payment option. This is a great way for long-term users to save a lot of money.
The Cons of Signing up for Longterm Badoo Membership Plans
If paying for a long-term membership saves so much money, why doesn’t everyone choose that option? There are a few reasons that users might opt to pay more overtime:
- They can’t afford the larger payment amounts.
- They have no plans to use the app longterm.
- They don’t want to bother with timing the recurring charges.
The commitment to a long-term membership does come with cons. If you pay for a year and then fall in love in three days, don’t expect the dating app to refund your membership! It can also be frustrating to be surprised by a large recurring charge down the line.
If you are worried about hurting your budget now or later, paying for a long-term, recurring membership is likely not the best choice for you.
Payment Types Accepted at Badoo
Badoo, like many other modern apps, will allow you to pay for your membership with credit/debit cards so long as they are linked through Google Pay. Using Google Pay has the added benefit of allowing users to connect to other payment methods like Paypal or Banking Accounts.
Free Badoo Membership vs. Paid Badoo Membership
The free Badoo membership has no time limit and is also pretty easy-going on features. Free users can search, match, and message. This means that someone could download Badoo, sign up for a free membership, and find love without ever paying for a premium membership.
Still, the premium version of the app does have its perks. Some of the best premium features are:
- Liked you: Get a peak behind the curtain and see all the users who have liked you during “encounters.”
- Most Popular Users: See a list of the most popular users on the app and have the opportunity to match with them.
- Favorites: You can favorite users for yourself to view later, and you can see who favorited you for a fast track to a mutual match.
- Invisible Mode: Spend some time on the app without anyone knowing you’re there.
- Stickers: Gain access to a variety of fun stickers.
- Undo Last Vote: Voting is how you say whether or not you are interested in other singles. Make a mistake while voting? This feature lets you undo your last vote.
- New People: You will be the first to see and potentially match with new members.
- Highlighted Messages: Your messages stand out for all your matches.