Just because a wedding anniversary is right before a major milestone (your 10th wedding anniversary) doesn’t mean it’s not important! You can’t make it to the decade milestone without first achieving number nine. And because we think every wedding anniversary is important (including this one), we think it’s a great idea to commemorate this milestone with one of the top 9 year wedding anniversary gifts!
But wait…what is the best 9th wedding anniversary gift? How do you pick out the right gift for him or her? Are there any traditional gift ideas you should be looking for?
These are ALL great questions! And the best news is that we’re going to answer every single one of them starting right now.
9th Anniversary Gift Traditions
- Anniversary Stone: Lapis Lazuli
- Anniversary Flower: Bird of Paradise
- Modern U.S. Gift: Leather
- Traditional U.S. Gift: Pottery (or Willow)
- Traditional U.K. Gift: Pottery (or Willow)
The Top 9 Year Anniversary Gifts
1. Gold Bangle With Lapis Lazuli Beads
9 years is a great anniversary, but can sometimes feel overshadowed because it is in the wake of the monumental milestone that is the 10 year anniversary. Don’t let your partner feel that this moment is less important by giving them a traditional gift that glorifies your love.
Lapis Lazuli is the traditional stone of the 9 year anniversary, and this bracelet by Gabriel & Co. is a great way to provide this stunning stone. Not only is it a jaw-dropping addition to any jewelry collection, but the slim banding and bold bead caps help it match with any clothing style!
- Our top Lapis Lazuli gift idea!
- Dainty size makes it stackable with other bangles and bracelets.
- Multiple sizes available to ensure the open bangle fits snuggly.
2. Memory Map Art by GrafoMap
If you are looking for a 9 year anniversary gift that is full of love and emotion but doesn’t break the bank, try out a memory map by GrafoMap!
We adore these customizable art pieces because they are beautiful, come in a variety of styles, and create a loving response from the recipient. You can choose a place that means a lot to you and your spouse and turn it into a custom map that can be hung in your home. You can even add special markers to denote multiple locations, plus customize the color scheme, printing medium, and more!
- Our favorite nostalgic anniversary gift idea!
- See a realtime mockup of your map to ensure it is exactly what you want.
- Can be printed on multiple materials to help match your existing decor.
3. Heated Lumbar Neck Massager
Want to give your partner a gift they will want to use immediately? Try out this heated lumbar neck massager from Brookstone!
This neck-wrapping massager can be worn at the office, in the car, in the living room, or anywhere else your love needs a little relaxation. The massager can be plugged directly into the wall or into a car outlet thanks to the included travel adapter. The massager offers a warm, deep tissue massaging experience.
- Our favorite relaxing gift idea.
- On and directional button located on the massager for convenience.
- Soft cotton material is lush and inviting.
4. Rachel Satchel
The Rachel Satchel is the kind of purse that anyone would love. Whether your partner is into designer bags or just needs something to get them through their day to day, this is the bag for them.
The gorgeous design looks stunning with any outfit and it even comes in a variety of colors. The bag has a large center container and extra pockets, which means it is also usable as an overnight or weekender bag!
- The best purse option for 9 year anniversary gifts.
- Available in four colors of eco leather.
- Comes with a removable key medallion.
5. Angel by Thierry Mugler
A beautiful scent is the perfect gift for your 9 year anniversary, but which should you choose? We love scents with unique notes that can be worn at work or out to dance. One such perfume is Angel by Thierry Mugler.
This delicious fragrance has notes of chocolate and caramel for an overall decadent scent with spicy undertones that feel exotic and sexy. The bottle itself is stunning and in the shape of a star, making it a great choice for collectors.
- Top perfume gift choice.
- Comes with 1.7 oz of perfume.
- Available in other sizes as well.
6. Wicker Basket Baker’s Rack
Wicker is another 9 year anniversary gift tradition, but it is one many struggle to work with. Likely because wicker furniture tends to be lawn oriented and not everyone has the space for a large set of wicker chairs or a table. If you want to bring some wicker indoors, give your partner this stunning maker’s rack by Southern Enterprises.
This storage solution looks stunning in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, mud room, or anywhere in between. The wire display shelves offer a place to display anything you like while the wicker baskets make perfect hidden storage solutions.
- Best home improving gift idea.
- Has 1 countertop, 2 wire shelves, and 4 wicker storage baskets.
- The metal frame and dark wicker combination looks great with all decor styles.
7. Perle 2951 Watch
Watches are a fantastic and safe gift idea, but don’t get your partner just any watch for your 9 year anniversary. Consider this beautiful Perle 2951 watch by Sturhling.
The watch has a skeleton detail on the face showing the inner workings alongside a light mother of pearl facade that matches beautifully with the inlaid crystals and bold, black characters. If you want to give your partner a watch that turns heads, this is the one!
- Best watch to give as a 9 year anniversary gift.
- Comes in a variety of band colorations.
- Water resistant up to 165 feet!
8. Traditional Willow Picnic Basket
We’ve discussed a few traditional gift themes already, but one you might not expect is willow wood! Willow is a stunning wood that is used to make baskets and other woven items. If you want to stick to this tradition, consider this traditional picnic basket by Picnic at Ascot.
This is a gift that will turn into even more fun date ideas! Take your love out to a park and enjoy some delicious treats, each other’s company, and the view. The basket interior has plenty of space and the flaps have straps for cutlery and flatware.
- Most unique gift idea.
- Perfect for those who love to spend time outdoors.
- Comes with matching serviceware for 4.
9. One Speaker by Sonos
Do you have a partner who loves to take their music, podcasts, or audiobooks all around the house? Do they blast the speakers so they can hear their jams in multiple rooms while they go about their day? Consider giving them the One speaker by Sonos.
This marvel or audio engineering can be moved easily from room to room and is even humidity resistant, so you can keep it on your bathroom counter! It has optional voice control commands and can stream your desired audio from any app your partner may choose!
- Best gift idea for music lovers.
- Easily fills a room with full sounds.
- Compact design to help it fit anywhere.
10. Relax on the Beach in Cancun
Want to go big this anniversary? Then consider taking an all inclusive trip to Grand Oasis Palm in Cancun!
From beachside views and an onsite spa, to restaurants, bars, and lounges – this hotel has everything you could ever dream of! Experience the beauty of the Cancun and views of the Grand Lagoon without ever needing to leave your hotel! It is a gift your spouse will never forget.
- Most luxurious 9 year anniversary gift.
- A great way to make lasting memories.
- Multiple room options and price points available.
11. Non-stick Wok by Demeyere
Do you have a partner that loves adventurous cooking? Then step up their kitchen game with this non-stick wok by Demeyere.
Anyone who cooks Asian cuisine can tell you the importance of a good wok, and this is one of the best. The non-stick property is great for beginners who may not be used to working with new ingredients. Your partner will be able to keep their wok clean and prevent sauces from sticking to the pan instead of their meals!
- Best gift idea for home chefs.
- Provides fast and reliable heat distribution.
- Wide base for cooking large meals.
12. Portable Steam Iron
If you are looking for a unique gift that is perfect for travelers and business professionals, then look no further than the portable steam iron by Aipower. One charge gives up to 30 minutes of continuous use up to 284° F.
Your partner will never have to worry about crinkled clothing again. No matter where you are, this mini steamer can get your outfit looking great in just a few minutes! Plus, it is so easy to use and store that many people prefer it to a full-sized steamer!
- Most unique electronic gift idea.
- Available in 2 colors.
- Fully charged in just a few hours.
13. Waterproof packing cubes by Yeti
If you are totally stumped on what to get your partner, consider a gift that is useful to all – a packing cube by Yeti.
This nifty container comes in three sizes and is great for all kind of situations! Want to store emergency gear in your car? Need to keep a change of clothes clean and fresh in your gym bag? Storing your electronics in your hiking pack? The Yeti cube is the best way to store items and keep them safe from the elements!
- Best gift that anyone will love.
- Available in three sizes.
- Expansion zipper for even more space.
14. Mother of Pearl Ophelia Earrings
Do you want to give your partner a stunning piece of jewelry that doesn’t require a second mortgage? Consider these mother of pearl earrings by The Pearl Source.
These black, mother of pearl hearts are surrounded by clear crystals and set in shimmering sterling silver. Your partner will want to wear this set every day, and they definitely can thanks to the high quality of construction and materials!
- Most affordable 9 year anniversary gift.
- AAA quality mother of pearl.
- Matching mother of pearl and freshwater pearl jewelry available.
15. Outland Mega Firebowl
If your partner loves camping, give them the gift of a campfire at home with the outland mega firebowl.
This self-contained fire pit is adorned with adorable flame-shaped cutouts that make the fire pit more beautiful to look at and provides oxygen to the fire to keep it burning longer and brighter. The fire is propane powered and comes with a hose, regulator, and lid. You and your partner will enjoy many hours by the fire thanks to the Outland mega firebowl.
- Best gift idea for campers.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Lightweight and easy to transport.
16. A Gift of New Knowledge with Rosetta Stone
It’s never too late to learn a new language! You and your partner can learn a new language together and see how many amazing adventures it opens for you in the future.
Whether you want to learn the language of your ancestors or the language of a land you’ve dreamt of visiting, Rosetta stone has a program for you. Choose from multiple subscription lengths to adjust to your needs and budget and before you know it, you and your love will be speaking little sweet nothing in a whole new language.
- Best gift subscription.
- Dozens of languages to choose from.
- Long standing reputation as one of the best ways to learn a new language.
Do couples celebrate 9 year anniversaries?
Yes! In our experience, couples thoroughly enjoy celebrating every one of their annual anniversaries. The difference, though, is that some anniversaries are celebrated as a “bigger deal” than others with some couples. Some couples are big on the multiples of fives (5th, 10th, 15th, etc.) and take the ones in between a little less seriously. Other couples love to go all out every year and really enjoy that milestone.
The bottom line is this. It’s completely up to you and your partner if you want to celebrate. This also means it’s completely up to you if you want to buy gifts, go out on a date, or have a celebration. Regarding celebrations, though, we typically see couples celebrate their 9th wedding anniversary alone and not with friends and family like you might see on a milestone like the 25th or 50th.
How to Find the Best 9th Wedding Anniversary Gift
- Set a budget – The first step in finding the best 9th anniversary gift is to set a budget. How much are you comfortable spending that won’t cause any financial headaches? Additionally, keep in mind that next year is a major anniversary milestone where you may want to spend a little more on a gift.
- Think about what your partner likes – Remember, the anniversary gift you’re buying isn’t for you—it’s for your husband of wife. Make sure you think about what THEY like and not what YOU like. And if you’re not sure, just ask them. There’s nothing wrong with getting an idea about what would make them the happiest even if it takes away a little from the surprise.
- Buy early – The worst thing that can happen is that on the day of your 9th anniversary, your partner has a great gift for you and you have nothing because it’s still shipping. If it’s last minute now, order fast! If it’s not, don’t be afraid to get something lined up now so that you have no risk if there are issues with shipping or fulfillment.