In this guide, we’re going to answer that question, as well as show you a helpful list of the best 60th anniversary gifts for you, your spouse, or that special friend or family member in your life. Whether you’re looking for the best 60th anniversary gift for him or for her, we’ve got options that will absolutely knock their socks off and put a smile on their face.
60 Year Anniversary Traditional Gifts
- Anniversary Stone/Material: Diamond Jubilee or Star Ruby
- Anniversary Flower: No official flower, but we have a few ideas listed below
- Modern U.S. Gift: Diamond
- Traditional U.S. Gift: Yellow Diamond
- Traditional U.K. Gift: Diamond
Best 60th Wedding Anniversary Gifts
1. Shiatsu Foot Massager
Normal massaging foot baths feel amazing, but can be pretty dangerous to use – especially if your balance isn’t all it used to be. Give your partner the gift of a fantastic foot massage without the need for water and salts.
This shiatsu foot massager can be used while your partner sits in their favorite chair. The massager offers air compression and deep tissue massage for lasting relief to foot pain and tightness.
- Overall favorite 60 year anniversary gift idea
- Perfect way to relax feet without the mess of a foot bath.
- Easy to set up and use.
2. Sugar Free Chocolate Premium Gift Basket
Does your partner love sweets but isn’t allowed too much sugar? This premium gift basket by Ethel M is a great way to indulge their sweet tooth on your 60th anniversary!
The basket is filled with sugar free chocolates made by the Ethel M chocolatiers. The basket includes sugar free chocolate dipped nuts & caramel, sugar free chocolate dipped almonds, sugar free chocolate dipped no sugar added cherries, and eight sugar free dark chocolate bars. Your partner will be in chocolate heaven with this one!
- Best gift idea for sugar restricted people.
- A great choice for all chocolate lovers.
- Lots of flavor variety in one gift basket.
3. Corelle Cheese Board and Serving Bowl
This cheese board and dip serving bowl are beautiful options to bring out during any party, but also make a fantastic lap snacking tray for some daytime tv watching. We love this as a low cost 60 year anniversary gift because it is a beautiful little piece of comfort and convenience for your partner.
The recessed section on the serving board keeps the bowl firmly in place during transport, which is a perfect stabilization addition for keeping things nice and clean. It may seem simple, but if your partner is an entertainer or a snacker, this gift is a perfect choice!
- Best gift idea for snacking and entertaining.
- Easy to clean – the bowl is dishware safe.
- The simple wood style matches with most other serving ware.
4. Brookstone Footed Throw
The footed throw by Brookstone is a great addition to anyone’s napping and lounging game. The foot pocket allows you to keep your feet warm and comfortable, and prevents that irritating dance of trying to recover your feet without readjusting the entire blanket.
Your partner will be relaxing in style when you give them this amazing foot throw blanket. The super soft material keeps them warm and cozy and the gray color matches with most furniture and home decor.
- Best gift for a relaxing nap.
- Made of extremely soft polyester material.
- 70” long and great for tall wearers.
5. Quilted Cardigan Jacket by Weekend Max Marra
If your spouse is all about comfort and style, then look no further than this quilted cardigan jacket! It is the perfect 60 year anniversary gift for your stylish partner!
The jacket is partially woven and partially quilted with pockets and a waist tie. It creates a unique, mixed media style that your partner is going to love! The deep blue color looks stunning in complement to other clothes, so the cardigan can be worn over and over again.
- Best clothing gift idea.
- Comes in sizes XS to 2XL.
- Snap pockets keep items secure in the jacket.
6. Sonos Entertainment System
The entertainment set by Sonos is a fantastic gift idea for your 60 year anniversary. The set is super simple to install and practically turns your television room into a home theater.
The sound system creates crystal clear sounds that reverberate through the room without any annoying humming or buzzing. There are no cords to hook up to the television as the sound is streamed over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, which keeps your tv stand clutter free. If your spouse enjoys watching movies or television at home, this is the gift for them.
- Best entertainment system gift.
- Easy to set up in just a few minutes
- Only two pieces of equipment for a room full of sound.
7. Japanese Akoya Double Pearl Bracelet
A stunning gift idea for your 60th wedding anniversary is this double strand pearl bracelet by The Pearl Source. The piece is available in a variety of pearl colors and there are options for length and the look of the clasp as well.
Your partner will be awestruck when they unwrap this regal piece of jewelry. The pearls are a stunning 6.5mm AA+ quality, which means they are going to turn heads all over town.
- Best pearl gift idea for 60 year anniversary.
- Colors ranging from white to black.
- Magnetic, easy attach clasp is available.
8. Depthmaster Classic by Sturhling
For your 60 year anniversary, consider gifting your spouse with a standout watch that can survive some wild conditions. Does your partner forget to take their watch off when they do the dishes or wash the car? The Sturhling depthmaster will be unbothered.
The best part is, this isn’t some gaudy rubber watch! This is a classy, beautiful design that anyone would love to wear. Your spouse will be proud to wear their new watch each day knowing it came from the one they love.
- Best watch gift option.
- Can be submerged up to 100 meters.
- Link bracelets can be adjusted to fit small wrists.
9. Pumpkin Cocotte by Staub
Does your spouse love to entertain on the Holidays? Their fall parties and events are about to get a lot more fun with this specialty, pumpkin-shaped, cast-iron cocotte. Not only is a Staub cocotte always exceptional at cooking, but the design of this one is something truly special.
Your spouse will be thrilled to add this to their kitchenware and may even break it out for use any time of the year! Still, this pumpkin cocotte will make Thanksgiving dinners a site to behold.
- Best gift idea for home chefs.
- Comes in black, orange, and white.
- Black interior means perfect browning without the need to season the pan.
10. Personalized Picture Frames
For your 60 year anniversary, dig out some old pictures of your time with your spouse and hang them in a personalized picture frame by Things Remembered. These frames are made from natural wood and offer multiple size and orientation options. You can engrave a special message on the top and bottom of the frame, making it a one of a kind gift your partner won’t soon forget.
- Best customizable gift idea.
- Available in 3 sizes and 2 orientations.
- Four lines of engraving available.
11. All Inclusive Acapulco Vacation
60 years is no small feat! Celebrate big time with an all-inclusive trip to Acapulco. The warm weather, sandy beaches, delicious food, and stunning sites is a true testament to the life you’ve lived with your partner.
The Park Royal Beach has rooms with beautiful waterside views and all the fantastic amenities you’d expect from a high-end resort without the high-end price tag! There is no better place to enjoy your 60 year anniversary.
- Best vacation for 60 year anniversaries.
- Relaxation spa in the hotel.
- Rooms are modern, clean, and beach themed.
12. Floral Halo Diamond Pendant with Yellow Gold
Traditional gift ideas for 60 year anniversaries include diamond and gold. Likely because these are two of the most precious materials on the market! If you want a traditional gift for your spouse, consider this stunning floral halo pendant by Clean Origin.
The pendant is made of multiple diamonds bursting out into a flower shape, all encapsulated in striking yellow gold. This necklace is simple enough to wear everyday while still being a complete jaw dropper!
- Best high-end 60 year anniversary gift.
- Yellow gold can be exchanged for white or rose.
- Contains 9 stones in total.
13. Kinley Crossbody Bag
Classic purses are a fantastic gift idea for 60 year anniversaries, but they can be hard to come by at a reasonable price. If you want to surprise your spouse with a beautifully classic purse, try out the Kinley small Crossbody Bag by Fossil.
This bag is made from a neutral brown leather and contains a classic flap closure. This purse will look amazing with any wardrobe and offer a lightweight bag for carrying around a phone, wallet, keys, and a few odds and ends.
- Best purse gift option.
- Black leather option is available.
- Shoulder Strap is adjustable.
14. J’adore Set by Christian Dior
If your partner is a perfume fan or enjoys collecting gorgeous glass bottles, then they will love this 3-piece scent set of J’adore by Christian Dior.
This set includes a full sized perfume, mini perfume, and a body milk all in one of Christian Dior’s most popular scents. J’adore is layered with notes of plum, orchids, and blackberries. This delicate and feminine perfume is perfect for both day and night wear and it comes in a simply stunning glass bottle.
- Top choice of perfume for a 60 year anniversary gift.
- Comes with three varieties of the classic scent.
- The full size bottle contains 3.4 oz.
15. Delicious “HomeMade” Dinner and Dessert
Surprise your spouse with a delicious “homemade” chicken pot pie and cobbler with the help of Harry and David.
Harry and David is a food prep and delivery service that creates delicious gourmet meals that are delivered right to your door. The items take minimal prep before being ready to serve and your partner will adore being catered to for the evening.
- Best way to get a homemade meal for your anniversary.
- Comes with the chicken pot pie, sides, and a berry cobbler for dessert.
- Sides and appetizers also available from Harry and David.
How Many People Reach their 60 Year Anniversary?
As you can see from our list of official 60 year anniversary gifts and themes, it’s all about the diamond. And, why shouldn’t it be, as diamonds are durable, sparkling, and everyone wants them.
Couples who celebrate 60 have all of those qualities and more. They’re also relatively rare.
A select few
There aren’t any official figures as the anniversary data compiled by the U.S. Census Bureau stops at the 40th. By most estimations, though, just under 5% of couples reach the six-decade mark. So, if you’re one of them, you’re in an elite group.
The tide is slowly turning, though.
A brighter outlook for future 60 year anniversaries
If we hop in our time machine and travel a half-century into the future, there may be more people planning 60 year anniversary celebrations. While it’s not highly publicized, the divorce rate has started dropping in the United States since 2011.
Ten years ago, the divorce rate was 3.6 people per 1,000 (total population). But in 2019, that number hit an all-time low of just 2.7 per 1,000 of the entire population. From 2018 to 2019, there was a whopping 4.48% decline in divorces in just one year.
If that trend continues, you and your spouse will be the trendsetters, and more couples will eventually be celebrating 60 years of marital bliss.
More Details on Traditional and Modern 60 Year Anniversary Gifts
As you can see, we’ve listed the diamond as the modern U.S. and traditional U.K. gift for 60 year anniversaries. The classic U.S. theme goes a step further, specifying the yellow diamond.
Why the diamond, though? We’ll you can figure out some of the reasons, but there are quite a few.
- “Diamonds are forever” (diamonds are the strongest precious gems)
- Symbol of enduring love
- Precious (like 60 years of marriage)
- Represents perfection
- Common in engagement rings – so symbolic of how far you’ve come together
Diamonds are ideal for 60 year anniversary commemoration. So, are you curious as to why the U.S. traditional gift specifies a yellow diamond?
Rare and valuable in yellow
Yellow diamonds are considerably more rare, similar to marriages that hit the 60 year mark. Most yellow diamonds come from South Africa instead of worldwide.
In addition to sharing similar meanings as colorless diamonds, the precious yellow gemstones also represent the continuation of life, love, and happiness.
While diamonds could be your primary inspiration for gift-giving, most anniversaries also have flowers associated. For example, carnations are the first year flower, and iris is the go-to for 25 years.
There doesn’t happen to be an official 60 year anniversary flower, but we’ve got a few suggestions that’ll fit the bill.
- The Diamond Wedding Rose – This particular choice is like a floral counterpart to the diamonds, as the diamond wedding rose is white, with a yellow center. It’s a hybrid rose with a sweet fragrance.
- Orchid – The orchid is another popular choice for 60th anniversaries. They’re beautiful and represent long life and enduring love.
- White Freesia – The white freesia is a common choice for weddings, and it also works for 60 year anniversaries. Its color (or lack thereof) is a diamond white, representing both the diamond milestone and the day it all began.
We’ve got a one-of-a-kind 60 year anniversary gift guide that’ll provide you with plenty of ideas. But keep in mind that if you’re gifting a couple approaching their 60th, instead of the one celebrating it, you don’t have to stick to conventional diamond jewelry. Just pick out something that you feel honors 60 years of love and commitment, and it’ll be perfect.
Buckingham Palace’s Tribute to 60 Year Anniversaries
Sixty and beyond – it’s been more than a decade since Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip celebrated their diamond anniversary. They’ve already passed 73.
In the U.K., 60 appears to be the magic number, though.
Whereas U.S. Presidents will send personal congratulations to couples starting with gold (50th), the Queen’s well wishes require diamonds.
However, not just anyone can get a royal pat on the back. Personalized Buckingham Palace cards are reserved for current citizens of Commonwealth realms and U.K. overseas territories. You can make the request at apply.royal.gov.uk.
A Sparkling Diamond Celebration
Whether you want to plan a party or take the celebration on the road, a 60 year anniversary shouldn’t be the same old, same old.
Romance is in the air (and on the water)
Besides all of the standard on-deck amenities, Celebrity Cruises has an anniversary package and vow renewal options.
As far as the destination, pretty much anything goes. Cruises start at three to six days, sticking closer to home. Or, you could book the South Pacific, Australia, Panama Canal, or Japan.
A 60 year anniversary party depends on whether or not there was a 50th golden celebration and how elaborate it was at the time. If you’ve already thrown the happy couple a wedding re-do, then you probably don’t want to do the same thing for the 60th.
When the 50th featured a big party, maybe the 60th should be something a bit more intimate and elegant, or vice versa. Alternatively, you could merge ideas.
Denim and Diamonds
You’ll find plenty of inspiration online for denim and diamond parties. That way, you could stick to the diamond theme but plan something more casual at the same time. It would be fun to mix it up with something like passed hors d’oeuvres combined with a hot dog station.
Whatever you do, do it up big. After all, 60 years is impressive (and rare!).