Looking for that perfect 13th wedding anniversary gift? Want to knock the socks off of your wife or husband, or maybe another couple? If you do, you’ve come to the right spot. In this guide, our team breaks down everything you could possibly need to know about 13 year anniversary gifts.
We’ll talk traditional gifts, modern gifts, as well as share our coveted and curated list of the best 13 year anniversary gifts for her or him! If you’re ready to graduate to the top of the class for gift buyers, let’s get into it.
- 13th Anniversary Stone: Citrine
- 13th Anniversary Flower: Chrysanthemum
- Modern U.S. 13th Anniversary Gift: Textiles, furs
- Traditional U.S. 13th Anniversary Gift: Lace
- Traditional U.K. 13th Anniversary Gift: n/a
Best 13 Year Anniversary Gifts
1. Arc Soundbar by Sonos
If your partner loves enjoying movies and tv on a large television, then they will adore this soundbar by Sonos. The arc is specifically designed for large televisions to deliver cinematic sound throughout your TV room.
The soundbar can be controlled by app, remote, or voice! There has never been a more convenient way to turn your home into a personal theater. The soundbar utilizes true play tuning technology to automatically adjust sounds to your environment. When it comes to gifts, your partner deserves the best of the best – Arc by Sonos.
- Best gift idea for movie lovers.
- Can be paired with other Sonos sound system items.
2. Copper Pick and Mix Box by Russel Stover
Do you have a chocolate lover on your hands? Well, then this pick and mix box by Russel Stover may be the gift of their dreams.
The 2 lb. box of chocolates is filled with your custom mix of flavors and packaged in a spectacular copper box. There are 13 flavors to choose from with a variety of chocolates and fillings. There is even a sugar-free alternative for those with dietary restrictions.
Your partner won’t be able to resist digging in when they receive their copper pick and mix box!
- Best gift idea for chocolate fanatics.
- Gift is customizable for a unique final result.
3. 4 Piece Ceramic Storage Set
If your partner is a chef or just enjoys cooking, this 4-piece ceramic storage set by Zwilling is a great 13 year anniversary gift idea!
Two of the tall containers come with slit tops, which is perfect for storing knives. Those tops can be removed; however, to provide extra storage space for any number of items. Some users even put fresh herb plants in the containers. Your partner will love the versatility of these storage containers along with the stunning, bold look of the white ceramic.
- Best kitchen storage gift idea.
- Comes with 4 different sized containers with lids.
4. Chloe Nomad by Chloe
This year, gift your partner with a perfume set that is as stunning as they are – Chloe Nomad by Chloe.
The Nomad scent is a favorite among perfume connoisseurs and this set offers it in 3 variations. Your partner will receive a full size bottle of perfume, a mini travel bottle of perfume, and a body lotion with the same signature scent.
The top note of mirabelle is unlike anything you’ve smelled before and is accented by bergamot, lemon, and orange. The overall aroma is fresh, feminimine, and perfect for everyday wear!
- Best perfume gift idea.
- The set comes with a variety of wear options.
5. Lemon Blueberry Cake by Harry and David
Do you want to give your partner a delicious gift that looks and tastes expensive, but doesn’t break the bank? Try this delicious lemon blueberry cake by Harry and david.
Harry and David make amazing food that is delivered right to your door and takes minimal preparation before being ready to eat. Your partner will feel spoiled by this gift and will look forward to sitting down and having a slice with the one they love. If you want to make an impression on a smaller budget, this is a great choice for you!
- Best budget gift idea for 13 year anniversaries.
- Large cake feeds up to 6 people.
6. Wine Cooling Cups by Host
Do you have a wine drinker as a partner who has gone through their fair share of wine glasses? Wine glasses are nice to look at, but one wrong move while drinking and you have a mess of shattered glass and wine on the floor. We prefer these cooling wine cups by Host.
The cups can be cooled in the fridge or frozen before adding the wine, keeping your drink at the perfect temperature without chilling the wine itself. They have no fragile stems and are hardy to the clumsiest, tipsiest drinkers out there. These cups will excite your partner, who will likely want to start cooling them right away for a romantic night together!
- Best gift idea for wine drinkers.
- Available in two color variations.
7. Silver Citrine Station Bracelet
Citrine is the traditional gem for 13 year anniversary gifts. It is a beautiful stone that ranges from light yellow to deep amber in color. If you want to stick to tradition, consider this silver citrine bracelet by Gabriel & Co.
The sterling silver chain and setting create a sleek appearance at a moderate price point, while the deep, golden citrine stones add a level of luxury and unique beauty. The bracelet utilizes a victorian style clasp that provides an overall vintage appeal to this already alluring piece of jewelry.
- Best traditional citrine gift idea.
- Other gemstones are available as well.
8. Collectable Hockey Stick
If your partner is a hockey fan, try gifting them something special that shows them you know about their hobbies – a collectable hockey stick from Fanatics.
There are multiple options for each team, and the sticks are signed by the associated player. Your spouse’s jaw will drop when they see the new addition to their sports memorabilia collection! Show off how much you care about their passions with this amazing hockey gift from Fanatics.
- Best gift idea for hockey lovers.
- Multiple options available for each pro team.
9. Pro 22 Wood Pellet Grill by Traeger
Want to up your partner’s BBQ game? Gift them this Pro 22 Wood Pellet Grill from Traeger.
This bad boy has all the bells and whistles – insulated interior for consistent heat, porcelain-coated grill grates, durable powder coat finish, digital pro controller, and attachment space for fold down shelf. It heats up quickly and gives a wood-smoke taste thanks to the real wood pellets used to heat it. Your partner won’t want to leave the back yard when they see their new grill, which means more delicious food for you!
- Best gift for grill masters.
- Lots of available accessories.
10. Fireplace TV Stand by Ameriwood Home
Does your partner need a tv stand upgrade? A great gift idea for your 13 year anniversary is this amazing tv stand with built-in fireplace by Ameriwood Home.
This modern-styled display mixed wood and glass hardware for a unique style that fits with most décor. The electric fireplace heats up a 400 square foot room with ease and the calming light emitted from the stand is as relaxing as a real fire. The stand fits up to a 70 inch tv, making it a great choice for any entertainment space!
- Best gift for the household.
- Fireplace has a timer control.
11. Fur Ottoman by Oranavo Home
The most traditional gift item for 13 year anniversaries is fur. Of course, faux fur is a feasible and much eco-friendly option. But, not everyone likes to wear fur around and it isn’t always seasonally appropriate. That’s why we love this faux fur ottoman by Oranavo Home.
This 45” long bench ottoman looks stunning in a mud room, at the foot of a bed, in your living room, or anywhere else you can imagine. The extra cushion top makes it a comfortable place to sit, which adds to all the reasons your partner will adore it.
- Best traditional fur gift idea.
- Gold tone legs create a modern look.
12. Menai 906 Skeleton Watch by Sturhling
Do you want to give your partner a gift that is both attractive and useful? The Menai 906 by Sturhling is a great choice!
The skeleton style display shows the inner workings of the watch for a unique and eye-catching style. The watch is available in 4 colors, most utilizing a bold, teal set of clock hands. The aesthetic of Stuhrling watches is always focused on being unique without being gaudy. Your partner will never want to wear another watch again after you gift them their Menai 906!
- Best watch gift idea for 13 year anniversaries.
- Automatic watch doesn’t need battery changes.
13. Custom Map Art by GrafoMap
GrafoMap is a company that utilizes existing maps of locations and creates unique pieces of art. They make a fantastic gift idea for 13 year anniversaires!
Choose a place that holds memories for your spouse and enter the address into the map art creator. Use the zoom and drag tools to align the map perfectly, then highlight special locations with unique markers. You can even change the color scheme of the map display for a unique, vintage, or traditional look. Your partner will be moved by the commemoration of your special memories.
- Best personalized gift idea.
- Can be printed on canvas, metal, and much more.
14. Pelican Monaco Pedal Boat
Want to add a little fun and action to you and your spouse’s routine? Surprise them with this four-seater pedal boat by Pelican!
The adjustable seats in the front seat the peddlers while the two rear facing seats are perfect for bringing extra passengers. There are cup holders and additional storage areas to keep your gear and drinks safe during your voyage. You and your partner can spend time on the water together while getting some exercise. That makes it a gift that keeps on giving!
- Best outdoors and sports gift idea.
- Perfect gift for fishermen and bird watchers.
15. Staub Heritage All Day Pan
Does your partner like to cook? Then they will fall in love with this all-day pan by Staub!
The nonstick surface and thorough insulation makes cooking even and stress free. Our favorite part is the domed lid. Your partner won’t have to worry about food touching the lid during covered cooking. Melting cheese on top of food is no longer a sticky mess!
This is a gift your partner will love so much they will want to pass it down for the next generation to enjoy!
- Best kitchenware gift idea.
- Comes in 6 beautiful colors.
16. Japanese Akoya White Pearl Necklace
One of the most stunning gift options for your 13 year anniversary is this Japanese Akoya pearl necklace. These 8mm pearls are of the highest quality and make for a truly breathtaking display on the neck of your partner.
Each pearl is delicately laced onto a chain and closed with your choice of clasp. The standard golden clasps are accented by a smaller pearl, which makes the necklace stunning from every angle. Your partner will be blown away when they see this luxurious, pearl necklace.
- Best high-end jewelry gift.
- Matching bracelet is also available.
Tips for Picking Out the Best 13th Anniversary Gift
- Think Lucky – A lot of people think the number 13 is unlucky. And even if you’re not that superstitious, you’ve probably noticed other people are. There’s a reason most hotels don’t have a 13th floor! When you’re selecting a 13th anniversary gift, why not play into this a little bit and choose something that brings luck? And if not, you could get a more traditional gift and just mention something about good luck in your card.
- Draw Attention if You Get a Traditional Gift – Most people don’t know offhand what the traditional 13th anniversary stone or flower is—and that’s okay. That doesn’t mean that they don’t like getting gifts that play on modern or classic traditions! The tip here, though, is that if you do get something that fits this bill, include something that explains it with the gift. This can be in the card or you can print up a nice little write up to include with the gift. Let people enjoy the fact that you went above and beyond and researched the traditions!
- Don’t Overthink It – It’s certainly awesome to get a 13th anniversary wedding gift that ties into all the neat and unique traditions. However, is it really necessary? Not really. Yes it’s cool, but a nice gift is a nice gift. You may be better off picking out a present that is more useful than it is symbolic. Too many people get wrapped up in checking every box and forget to focus on what’s most important—picking out a gift your husband or wife (or another couple) will actually like—and use.
- Joint Gifts – A really popular trend that’s happening in the anniversary gift buying world are joint gifts. Instead of you getting something for your husband or wife and them getting something for you, you get something together! This gives you a chance to get something you both can enjoy together and it takes a lot of the burden of finding the perfect gift away.
How Much Should You Spend on a 13th Anniversary Gift?
A big question a lot of people always want to know is what’s the right amount to spend on an upcoming anniversary gift—specifically for the 13 year milestone. The answer is a bit more complex than just us picking some arbitrary number. It really depends on a few things. Here’s what you should consider when deciding how much to spend.
- Talk About It! – If you’re getting a 13th anniversary gift for your husband or your wife, have you talked about what you’d like to spend? The best way to make sure one person doesn’t spend way more than the other is to talk about it before hand. Keep in mind, some people starting shopping for gifts super early, so this conversation is best had ASAP. Just say, “Hey, our 13th wedding anniversary is coming up! I want to get you something fun but I want to make sure we’re on the same page about gifts. Let’s set a budget for each other.” Chances are that if you made it to 13 years, we don’t need to tell you how to communicate, but we just want to be as helpful as possible.
- Is It For Someone Else? If you’re getting a gift for someone else (like your parents, family, or friends), the budget conversation really falls into the same that it would for any other gathering you’d get a gift for. Get something you can afford that isn’t too over the top that it will make them feel uncomfortable, and you’re all set.
- Remember Major Milestones – Remember that in two years it’s going to be your 15th wedding anniversary. Why is this important? Because most people agree that the wedding anniversaries in multiples of five are the most celebrated. It doesn’t mean one is more important than the other, but people tend to go all out on the 5, 10, 15 etc. and do a little less on the in-betweens. This is certainly something to consider whether you’re shopping for your spouse or for someone else.